103 year old Packer fan lands ticket to her 1st Packers game

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After all the negative junk that has appeared in Packer forum, I felt i shopuld post this real human interest storybetween the holidays. This Lady makes this very long time Packer fan of some 60 years look like a "short timer". What a Packer fan at 103 going to her first Packer game. PWT 36 of DePere, Wi salutes Leone Margaret McKenny of DePere, Posted Dec. 30, 2005

103-year-old fan lands ticket to her first Packers game
Leone Margaret McKenney, 103, looks at a pair of Green Bay Packers tickets Thursday in her De Pere apartment at Renaissance Assisted Living. McKenney will use the tickets this Sunday to watch her first ever Packers game. She received the tickets from Tim and Debbie Rennes, the owners of the assisted living center. Mike Roemer/The Associated Press

By Robert Imrie
The Associated Press

A De Pere great-great grandmother has waited the entire existence of the franchise for the thrill of attending her first Green Bay Packers game. Her dream comes true Sunday at Lambeau Field.

Thanks to caregivers at an assisted living center, 103-year-old Leone Margaret McKenney has a ticket to her beloved team’s season finale against Seattle.

“I cried like a big baby. I was so thrilled. I couldn’t believe it,â€

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: 103 year old Packer fan lands ticket to her 1st Packers

That would be great if the Packers could catch wind of this and do something special for her. Have her down on the sidelines (or calling plays :p) or something.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Ryan, even at her advanced age, I have little doubt she could call a better offense than the braintrust of Tom "What running game?" Rossley and Mike "Man of Action" Sherman.

bsmith_501

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I forwarded it to Adam Schein, a sports jounalist for Fox. Hopefully it works.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

103 years old? Maybe that's why they moved the game up to noon.

Take it easy....just kidding!

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

DePack said:
103 years old? Maybe that's why they moved the game up to noon.

Take it easy....just kidding!

roflmao, depack! she sounds like quite a lady & i'm sure it'll be a thrill for her. that is just fantastic!!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Wait a minute........she's 103..........and she couldn't get a ticket back in 1919, when she was 17!?!?!?
Oh........and Depack..........GREAT LINE!!! :lol:
I heard she was going to jump off the Packer band wagon this year, but was afraid she would break a hip!
JUST KIDDING!!!! :lol:

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Cool..

Hope its not Brett's last game though...

(Somebody get her a pair of high powered binoculars..or a rifle scope..or somethin'...)

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

bsmith_501 said:
I forwarded it to Adam Schein, a sports jounalist for Fox. Hopefully it works.

better try another Fox guy. thats the same Adam that **** all over the Packers before the season started.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score

A great day for her no matter the outcome. lets hope she has a good time.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score

When I saw "103 year old Packer" I thought that this was just another thread about Brett Favre. :p
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

OP
OP
P

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Cheezy. There were no bleachers, no fences around the Packer playing field, and no tickets sold in 1919 & 1920. They "passed the hat "and split the collection with the players. It wasn't until the Packers joined the new NFL in 1921 that tickets were sold and a fence was built around the field and bleachers were built for fans to sit on. In 1925 the City of Green Bay built a permanent wooden Stadium for the Packers behind Green Bay East high School and which was simply called "City Stadium" and this stadium was expanded many times to by end of its use in 1956 seated 24,500. City of Green Bay built a new City Stadium (renamed Lambeau Field in 1963) original capacity was just over 32,000 & was first used in 1957. Over the years regular seating , club seat & sky boxes were added to increase Stadium capacity up to over 60,000 in 1990's. In 2001 after complete renovation of Lambeau Field seating capacity is just over 70,000.

Reaction score

Thank You for a great story PWT36. Some great one liners in this thread. But I'm glad for her. It's so good to see a person so entusiastic about seeing the 3-13 Pack play still. Hope Pack do something special for her.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Philtration said:
When I saw "103 year old Packer" I thought that this was just another thread about Brett Favre. :p
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Oh you. :-? have a happy new year and good luck in the playoffs. i have no other choice but to wish you well. go as far as you can go. I mean da bears that is. you guys were so good because the rest of the nfc north was so bad.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yeah Packerchick............it's like being the BEST of the TURDS in the toilet!!! LOLOLOL!!! Thats the NORTH division this year.

Man PWT!!! You done turned my joke into a history lesson!!! :D
I got to see city stadium this past summer. It's really neat to see where they used to play.
Anyway......i hope the Packers win this one, just for the old gal!!!

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score

cheesey said:
Yeah Packerchick............it's like being the BEST of the TURDS in the toilet!!! LOLOLOL!!! Thats the NORTH division this year.

Man PWT!!! You done turned my joke into a history lesson!!! :D
I got to see city stadium this past summer. It's really neat to see where they used to play.
Anyway......i hope the Packers win this one, just for the old gal!!!

got that right cheesey. the new year always brings new promise. lets hope for better again.

Members online

Latest posts