10 players teams will regret passing on (Two are Packers!)

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see Abbrederis mainly being a slot receiver and guy in motion his rookie year. They'll bring him along slow like they did with Nelson. Nelson was gun shy in the middle of the field his first two years. Should be a very interesting WR competition in camp. Lots to sort out. Wouldn't be surprised to see a trade late in pre-season if the rookies show well.

I'm interested to know who you think would be traded. I'd have to assume you're talking about Jordy, Cobb, or Boykin. I see it as very unlikely as TT doesn't like to trade away anyone and especially "homegrown guys"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 6794

I'm interested to know who you think would be traded. I'd have to assume you're talking about Jordy, Cobb, or Boykin. I see it as very unlikely as TT doesn't like to trade away anyone and especially "homegrown guys"

There´s no chance the Packers trade Nelson, Cobb or Boykin. With the receiving corps being extremely deep going into camp Thompson could shop one of the guys on the bubble. A trade like that could probably result in a late round pick as a team would get a chance to get a player before he hits the open market.

L7Panda

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Abbrederis was a steal. I was a bit disappointed when we (Jets) went with Jalen Saunders AND Shaq Evans instead of taking Abbrederis. Think he is just yet another GB draft day steal at WR. Between him and Adams with Nelson and Cobb, that's a four headed monster many will hate to go up against.

Einstein McFly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly, I'm just as excited about the potential in Janus. Janus is a little raw, but his upside is pretty huge if he can realize it on the field. Many projected him to be a 3-4 round pick. When you look at it, I think all 3 of our new WRs were steals where we drafted them.

It only matters if he can get open, which seems to be why he lasted as long as he did. There are plenty of guys who can run who don't make it at receivers because they can't run routes. There was a game where he faced a CB who's now a 6th round draft pick and he got shut down.I suspect that if Janis makes the team, it'll be because of special teams and maybe in a year or two he might be able to contribute against nfl corners. Maybe his top end speed and strength will allow him to return kicks and maybe he can tackle and be on kick offs and punts.

D

Deleted member 6794

Abbrederis was a steal. I was a bit disappointed when we (Jets) went with Jalen Saunders AND Shaq Evans instead of taking Abbrederis. Think he is just yet another GB draft day steal at WR. Between him and Adams with Nelson and Cobb, that's a four headed monster many will hate to go up against.

If Abbrederis can stay healthy I´m convinced that pick will turn out as a steal. I´m worried about his concussion history though.

D

Deleted member 6794

It only matters if he can get open, which seems to be why he lasted as long as he did. There are plenty of guys who can run who don't make it at receivers because they can't run routes. There was a game where he faced a CB who's now a 6th round draft pick and he got shut down.I suspect that if Janis makes the team, it'll be because of special teams and maybe in a year or two he might be able to contribute against nfl corners. Maybe his top end speed and strength will allow him to return kicks and maybe he can tackle and be on kick offs and punts.

I agree that Janis will have a hard time making an impact as a WR. It´s possible he could provide an impact as a kick returner, don´t know though why everyone seems to think it´s necessary to replace Hyde returning punts.

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree that Janis will have a hard time making an impact as a WR. It´s possible he could provide an impact as a kick returner, don´t know though why everyone seems to think it´s necessary to replace Hyde returning punts.

He didn't suggest replacing hyde did he?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I just think people get worried when a key contributor on the offense or defense is returning punts. The injury factor and all. I don't think it has anything to do with his ability. As far as I am concerned I want the best guy doing the job and if that guy is your starting safety or WR then so be it. If you can get very close production on returns out of a less important O or D player then that may be OK but to take a big talent hit on returns just to lessen the injury risk I don't think it is worth it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts