10 players teams will regret passing on (Two are Packers!)

OP
OP
Vrill

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A lot of people are saying that Jared Abbrederis is an absolute steal and will see playing time in year 1.

The other player mentioned is Clinton Dix and how he slid to us at #21.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is it overreacting to be super excited about this Jared Abbrederis pick?

I don't think so at all, I think it is rather exciting pick in the 5th round, game knowledge and route running wise he is as NFL ready as a receiver could possibly be. The obvious concerns are the concussions, he says one but most people believe he has had 3, and strength. He only did 4 reps at 225 at the combine, in comparison at the age of 42 and rather out of shape, I decided to see if I could even put up 225 anymore. I was able to do 2, okay actually it was more like 1 and 4/5 but I am giving me self that extra 1/5 damnit!

Hopefully an NFL diet and weight regiment will bulk him a little bit and make him stronger.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is it overreacting to be super excited about this Jared Abbrederis pick?
Honestly, I'm just as excited about the potential in Janus. Janus is a little raw, but his upside is pretty huge if he can realize it on the field. Many projected him to be a 3-4 round pick. When you look at it, I think all 3 of our new WRs were steals where we drafted them.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ya this offense is going to be such a force. I mean to have a stable of running backs like we have that will all be healthy and kept fresh along with what we have now for receivers. Even is only one of the receivers that we drafted pans out, WOW. If the line holds up, try and stop AROD!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I think Jared worries me because of his head injuries, and thin build..

I hope I am wrong..

Maybe he will be an excellent returner..

TeamTundra

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bradly Roby was selected in the 1st round by the Broncos and Abberderis absolutely schooled
him for over 200 yards last year and that was with Stave throwing him the ball. If look at a lot
of his highlights, he has to come back to the ball which shouldn't be an issue with our QB.

In most plays when he is on the field he will be matched up against a teams 4th or 5th best
DB and I like our odds if that happens.

D Frank

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Jared worries me because of his head injuries, and thin build..

I hope I am wrong..

Maybe he will be an excellent returner..
Adams is quite a steal if u ask me.. He's jordy Nelson type built and can go up and get those one-on-one balls.. With Rodgers throwing passes, this guy will benefit and become a major weapon for us.. With time and plenty of reps, he should blossom into a star on this offense.. Your thoughts on this guy...???

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Adams is quite a steal if u ask me.. He's jordy Nelson type built and can go up and get those one-on-one balls.. With Rodgers throwing passes, this guy will benefit and become a major weapon for us.. With time and plenty of reps, he should blossom into a star on this offense.. Your thoughts on this guy...???

Never seen him play..

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I worry about his size.....the NFL is bigger and more physical.....he needs to bulk up a little.

I`ve been bulking up for years, hoping an NFL team would sign me up. It`s not easy eating four big macs and a bargain bucket of KFC each day when you don`t feel like it :D. That`s dedication for you.

D

Deleted member 6794

If Abbrederis can stay healthy this pick will turn into a huge steal for us.

Adams has great hands, is capable of winning jump balls in the end zone and can make people miss after the catch. He lacks elite speed and ideal strength for the position, but at age 21 it´s possible he´ll be able to get stronger.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
I don't think so at all, I think it is rather exciting pick in the 5th round, game knowledge and route running wise he is as NFL ready as a receiver could possibly be. The obvious concerns are the concussions, he says one but most people believe he has had 3, and strength. He only did 4 reps at 225 at the combine, in comparison at the age of 42 and rather out of shape, I decided to see if I could even put up 225 anymore. I was able to do 2, okay actually it was more like 1 and 4/5 but I am giving me self that extra 1/5 damnit!

Hopefully an NFL diet and weight regiment will bulk him a little bit and make him stronger.

LMAO.....I thought I was the only one who did that. I went to the garage, loaded up the bar with 225, warmed up for a few min and did my best for a 38 year old guy. I did 10 reps at 225. Not to shabby for someone beyond the NFL retirement age. lol after i was done i felt like I was gunna pass out and then felt the strain for the next 2 days. Damn, getting old sucks.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like Dasean Jackson? Wes Welker? Brandon Stokely? I think he'll be fine.

Ya, but they didn't have concussion issues before the NFL. Desean had his clock cleaned a few times and had a few concussions in the NFL though. I definitely worry about this kid going over the middle, but it doesn't change the fact that he's going to come in with a chip on his shoulder. I hope he stays healthy and becomes a STUD.

As far as Adams, I had four 2nd to 3rd round receivers that I really wanted us to get. Davante Adams, Donte Moncrief, Jarvis Landry, or Allen Robinson. I feel we got the best out of those four. Moncrief has a lot of potential, but doesn't play as big as he is. Landry has the best hands in the draft, but lacks overall size. Allen Robinson had size, but was slow. We got the one that has great hands, good enough speed, and he's physical with his size. I say WINNER!

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Abbrederis size doesn't worry me. The NFL isn't what is was even five years ago. You don't get laid out catching passes over the middle without a yellow flag and a fine. It will impair his ability to fight off jams at the line but I see less press coverage these days from most teams. He can succeed. He actually reminds me of how Eric Decker played in college, although a better route runner. Decker seems to have done alright as the #2 WR with a gifted QB.

D

Deleted member 6794

Abbrederis size doesn't worry me. The NFL isn't what is was even five years ago. You don't get laid out catching passes over the middle without a yellow flag and a fine. It will impair his ability to fight off jams at the line but I see less press coverage these days from most teams. He can succeed. He actually reminds me of how Eric Decker played in college, although a better route runner. Decker seems to have done alright as the #2 WR with a gifted QB.

Decker was 6-3 and 217 coming out of college while Abbrederis is 6-1 and 195. Last year, Cobb and Finley were injured catching passes over the middle, so while flags are thrown more often receivers still get hit pretty hard. I´m just worried about him being able to stay healthy.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

LMAO.....I thought I was the only one who did that. I went to the garage, loaded up the bar with 225, warmed up for a few min and did my best for a 38 year old guy. I did 10 reps at 225. Not to shabby for someone beyond the NFL retirement age. lol after i was done i felt like I was gunna pass out and then felt the strain for the next 2 days. Damn, getting old sucks.

So you`re supposed to put those round weight thingies on the end of that bar ????

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Decker was 6-3 and 217 coming out of college while Abbrederis is 6-1 and 195. Last year, Cobb and Finley were injured catching passes over the middle, so while flags are thrown more often receivers still get hit pretty hard. I´m just worried about him being able to stay healthy.
I didn't compare Abbrederis to Decker in size, but in type of receiver. Cobb took a shot to the knee and Finley bounced his head. Those injuries will happen whether you are 195lbs and skinny or 225lbs and muscular.

D

Deleted member 6794

I didn't compare Abbrederis to Decker in size, but in type of receiver. Cobb took a shot to the knee and Finley bounced his head. Those injuries will happen whether you are 195lbs and skinny or 225lbs and muscular.

Nevertheless I think getting hit takes more of a toll on a 195 pound WR. In addition he has to get stronger, otherwise he won't be effective vs. press coverage.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I see Abbrederis mainly being a slot receiver and guy in motion his rookie year. They'll bring him along slow like they did with Nelson. Nelson was gun shy in the middle of the field his first two years. Should be a very interesting WR competition in camp. Lots to sort out. Wouldn't be surprised to see a trade late in pre-season if the rookies show well.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts