thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
posting links with no original analysis or insight makes mods sad m8
as to the link content, brady at #4 is a bit of a head scratcher

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
I dont even like Brady that much, however, Brady at 4th behind Marino is Ridiculous ... At this point regardless its between Montana and Brady as GoaT ... probably with the edge still going to Montana because of Brady having Belichick ...

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Interesting article...sure. I'd just like to say that there is difference between being a great NFL Quarterback and being a great "passer"

I'd question Steve Young's inclusion in the top ten - if he was such hot stuff, he wouldn't have been pedestrian at best during his time with Tampa. Elway is rated too high. He, like Young didn't do a whole lot but put up big yardage until surrounded by "talent" if you will. Marino -- big yardage, sure, but still too high.

I was impressed that the writer included Otto Graham. Should have been higher.

A great QB isn't defined solely by his yardage, percentages or whatever other first-glance stuff the blog writers put out there.

I'd go along with Montana - grudgingly - he and Young were great to be sure and were surrounded by deep talent. No QB wins without that supporting cast as we all know. These lists are fun to read but ... should be viewed as you'd view Wikipedia entries.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting article...sure. I'd just like to say that there is difference between being a great NFL Quarterback and being a great "passer"

Always my point when we're discussing Starr/Favre/Rodgers. What amazes me is that we've gotten this far in a Packer forum and nobody has mentioned that Bart isn't on the list?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre is 5?
Dude is way overrated since he is the interception and fumble king.
Well, he did help other teams reach their glory. When he wasn't playing for them.
Only reason he is on the list at all is because he is such a media darling.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Always my point when we're discussing Starr/Favre/Rodgers. What amazes me is that we've gotten this far in a Packer forum and nobody has mentioned that Bart isn't on the list?
I was going to bring that up.
Yeah.
Where is he?

Sky King

Reaction score
It seems like he almost never makes these lists - one of the reasons why they rarely interest me enough to read them - this one included. I did read some of the entries in this thread, however. Thanks for your post fellow graybeard.

Members online

Latest posts