1/3 of the way through the season takeaways

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers is the man... breaking that tackle then scrambling 18 yards up the sideline and then throwing a perfect pass for the win... all within 62 seconds is unbelievable lol

You could just see the tears coming down the Cowboys defenders eyes as they were helpless lol

It seems the OL if it has AT LEAST Bahktiari or Bulaga can/will be pretty good/good enough....

When BOTH are back I will be confident in a:
Bahktiari, Taylor, Linsley, Evans, Bulaga

as a good Offensive Line

Davante will get paid this offseason!

Perry for the most part has lived up to his contract which is great

Our secondary and pretty much everyone but Perry, Clark, and Daniels(when he plays)
is a huge liability

What will it take to get this defense straight????

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This looks like the same team thst ran the table and got blasted by Atlanta. When they face a competent offense, the defense forces its one punt per game. While Rodgers continues to amaze he cant play defense. Does anyone really think the defense will not give up another 40 plus points in a playoff game?

OP
OP
kevans74

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This looks like the same team thst ran the table and got blasted by Atlanta. When they face a competent offense, the defense forces its one punt per game. While Rodgers continues to amaze he cant play defense. Does anyone really think the defense will not give up another 40 plus points in a playoff game?

I hate to say it but you're probably right lol...

We can only hope that Daniels returns at an All Pro type level when he's 100% healthy and King can develop into as good as I think he can

He made a GREAT play on the first play of the game then looked bad and then got injured so... we'll have to wait some more

OP
OP
kevans74

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the defense can hold teams to 31 points or less we can have a chance I suppose....

only expect 34 or 35 points from ARod to get the win

our defense is just pathetic

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Thank you for the level of depression I just dropped into. :(

You're right though. We've competed against two top level offenses, and the defense has given up over 30 points in both games. Aaron Rodgers is clutch and can win a game nearly by himself when he is at the top of his game. But we cannot expect heroics like we saw today every single time we go against one of these teams.

The apologists will continue to talk about injuries and that is what's making the difference. But injuries are a part of the game, and no team is 100% healthy right now. The fact is, we have no plausible evidence that our defense can even come close to containing an elite offense, because by my count, they are 0-2 in that department so far this season, and provided us with several examples of the same thing last season.

The back end is still highly suspect. A lucky interception, and all time great heroics from #12 won this game.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok how are we 0-2 against elite QBs when we are 4-1.... new math?

Maybe we do give up 40 against Atlanta...go get 41 or go home.... and be ready to do it on the road

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate to say it but you're probably right lol...

We can only hope that Daniels returns at an All Pro type level when he's 100% healthy and King can develop into as good as I think he can

He made a GREAT play on the first play of the game then looked bad and then got injured so... we'll have to wait some more

King looks great. He has only played 5 NFL games and is already covering #1 WRs and hasn't given up very many plays. Wait till he gets his sea legs.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
King looks great. He has only played 5 NFL games and is already covering #1 WRs and hasn't given up very many plays. Wait till he gets his sea legs.
You realize he only played part of the 1st quarter yesterday? Not many data points for that analysis.

NJPackfan..

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No doubt their is room for improvement on defense. Don't judge too harshley when they play very good offenses like Atlanta and Dallas.

D

Deleted member 6794

The Packers defense has played two good offenses this season so far and wasn't able to hold either of them below 30 points. That's a recipe for failure once the playoffs roll around.

No doubt their is room for improvement on defense. Don't judge too harshley when they play very good offenses like Atlanta and Dallas.

Unfortunately the Packers will face those offenses in the postseason.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score

Maybe we do give up 40 against Atlanta...go get 41 or go home.... and be ready to do it on the road
Man there's some people stuck on crazy this morning. Excusing our defense is getting so old.

Aaron Rodgers has better playoff numbers for his career than Tom Brady. Yet he's lost 7 playoff games while his defense is giving up an average of over 36 points per game. You might be comfortable with Aaron Rodgers winning a game by himself in the playoffs, but recent history tells you that's something we cannot rely on in the playoffs. If our quarterback makes ONE mistake yesterday...one mistake, we're screwed. You cannot expect that from the man every single game.

Which of the following is asking too much: for the defense to get a few timely stops, or for your quarterback to play perfect football? Jeez.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the D is still a major concern when we're facing a team that's not one dimensional. the O has proven it can just about handle anything. both units need healthy players and again this week that's going to be a concern with Thomas, Nelson, and King with question marks hanging over them. being 4-1, and a game up on det, at this point is very good and gives us a little leeway if we should stumble.

NJPackfan..

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers defense has played two good offenses this season so far and wasn't able to hold either of them below 30 points. That's a recipe for failure once the playoffs roll around.

Unfortunately the Packers will face those offenses in the postseason.

That's the problem !

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You realize he only played part of the 1st quarter yesterday? Not many data points for that analysis.
I know that. My point is that not many CBs at this point in his career even get to play against those guys and he's done a decent job against them when he has had the chance.

D

Deleted member 6794

I know that. My point is that not many CBs at this point in his career even get to play against those guys and he's done a decent job against them when he has had the chance.

Let me put it this way, King definitely presents the best and most likely only option to successfully cover opposing top receivers late this season.

H

HardRightEdge

I feel pretty good about this season so far. No season ending injuries of consequence so far. And I'm not especially impressed with the other purported leading contenders for the conference.

Some years it's just a war of attrition when nobody in particular is clicking on all cylinders at week 5.

H

HardRightEdge

Let me put it this way, King definitely presents the best and most likely only option to successfully cover opposing top receivers late this season.
I dunno about that. House played pretty well coming back from injury. I didn't expect much from him when he was signed, but he's doing OK.

Carl 2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4-1 with wins over two top NFC teams and most of the thread is complaining and worried about the playoffs already.

Try to enjoy the game yesterday and the excellent position we are in a little bit.

The biggest takeaway is we are tied atop The NFC and legit contenders for home field advantage.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
4-1 with wins over two top NFC teams and most of the thread is complaining and worried about the playoffs already.

Try to enjoy the game yesterday and the excellent position we are in a little bit.

The biggest takeaway is we are tied atop The NFC and legit contenders for home field advantage.
Well yeah because the problem has never been winning enough games to get to the postseason. The problem has been winning enough games to get a Super Bowl.

Carl 2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well yeah because the problem has never been winning enough games to get to the postseason. The problem has been winning enough games to get a Super Bowl.

I get that, but five games in, I'm more excited about possibly being the one seed rather than I am worried about how the season may end.

To each their own though.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I get that, but five games in, I'm more excited about possibly being the one seed rather than I am worried about how the season may end.

To each their own though.
I agree that we have a great chance at the #1 seed, in which case I give the Packers a great chance at getting to the Super Bowl. But we don't have the tie breaker on the only team I care about, which is the Atlanta Falcons. Hopefully we finish a game ahead of them.

Carl 2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree that we have a great chance at the #1 seed, in which case I give the Packers a great chance at getting to the Super Bowl. But we don't have the tie breaker on the only team I care about, which is the Atlanta Falcons. Hopefully we finish a game ahead of them.

I'd argue that Carolina and Philly are teams that could challenge for the one seed

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I'd argue that Carolina and Philly are teams that could challenge for the one seed
They absolutely could, and so could the Falcons. And as of right now, a tie with that team gets us nowhere.

Don't see how the defending champs can be so easily dismissed at this point. I hope that they aren't a factor, but I fear they will be.

Carl 2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They absolutely could, and so could the Falcons. And as of right now, a tie with that team gets us nowhere.

Don't see how the defending champs can be so easily dismissed at this point. I hope that they aren't a factor, but I fear they will be.

Not dismissing Atlanta. All three of those teams could contend for it.

Maybe we'll end up rooting for a more Eagle or Panther wins to force a three way tie. Then it's possible to get it over Atlanta.

Members online

Latest posts