1/2 of the Yahoo sports writers predict Packers vs Patriots

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It seems that the Yahoo people agree with the wise Packer fans on this board and see the Pack overcoming the free falling Cowboys and the other NFC teams to be the NFC champions in this superbowl.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_y...ug=cr-nfcstorylines123007&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_y...7playoffpredictions123007&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Personally, I think an under rated Tampa team might be a problem for the Packers in the playoffs but it is in the COLD and the Bucs are doomed.

I see the Skins beating Seasquawks AND the Cowpies to play us in the tundra for the NFC title... Will it happen?

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you're right about tampa...I think they've tanked a lot of the last few weeks (a la the pack v. the bears) so I wouldn't read too much into their poor showing in december.

I've never been more confident in the packers' chances this season though. Running game is firing on all cylinders right now, bubba is sort of back...i have all the confidence in the world w/ the receivers, and the d is, at worst, adequate right now!

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: 1/2 of the Yahoo sports writers predict Packers vs Patri

The Bucs lost to the Lions. Ahh HAAHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAHHHHAHAH.

Packers over Pats 35-21 just like in Superbowl XXXI. Da Packers ruin one of the greatest seasons in NFL history by beating the Pats who would then be 18-0

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score

O and do you really think Cris Carter would pick the Packers. So it should be 2/3 because he should be disquailfed for playing with the Vikings.

DarkaneRules

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow Green Bay in the superbowl... I can't even think about how awesome that would be right now. Man... here is to hope!

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow Green Bay in the superbowl... I can't even think about how awesome that would be right now. Man... here is to hope!

I was actually thinking about that last night...for the first time I thought about what an accomplishment it would be even for the packers to make the NFC champ game this year...I find myself needing to pinch myself still after how this year has gone!

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score

i think the pack will be dangerous when they play whomever i would rather have tampa or giants since we played the seahawks before but it wont matter i think they will get to the super bowl and win

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The Bucs lost to the Lions. Ahh HAAHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAHHHHAHAH.

Packers over Pats 35-21 just like in Superbowl XXXI. Da Packers ruin one of the greatest seasons in NFL history by beating the Pats who would then be 18-0

Now, that would be cool. :cool:

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'll tell you..........before the season i said 11-5 and figured we'd be a wildcard team. Here they passed my prediction by 2 games, and ran away with the division and have a first round bye! How sweet would it be to go ALL THE WAY!!!!

TheKanataThrilla

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For some reason I think Indy might knock the Pats out. Harrison coming back and well rested, and they have a better running game than the Pats which may be very important with the AFC title game in Boston.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'll tell you..........before the season i said 11-5 and figured we'd be a wildcard team. Here they passed my prediction by 2 games, and ran away with the division and have a first round bye! How sweet would it be to go ALL THE WAY!!!!

You did way better than I did. I said 8-8 or 9-7, but I said we'd improve. Our 8-8 last year, we had negative points for versus points against. I said this year, we'd be positive in points for versus points against.

I'd love to see us win another SB. I hadn't been this excited to watch the Packers since '03, when I honestly thought we'd win the SB.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

For some reason I think Indy might knock the Pats out. Harrison coming back and well rested, and they have a better running game than the Pats which may be very important with the AFC title game in Boston.

Indy led the NFL in least points allowed. If they can create a turnover or two and score constantly, they have a shot at knocking off the Pats. Right now, I think Indy's the 2nd best team in the NFL. However, as Hunter S Thompson used to say, NEVER bet against Brett Favre. :cool:

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I guess I'm wandering off-topic here, but I think NE has a very underrated rushing game.

No matter what happens, though, Wes Welker will be the x-factor on NE's offense. In the Tampa-2 that Indy runs, Moss and Stallworth should be less effective going deep, which is what those two do best.

Welker'll be running those crosses, outs, and slants all day like he has in the last 16 games, and it'll probably be crappy weather, so he'll have plenty of opportunitis to just keep moving the chains with Brady's accuracy. I pick (like most everyone else will) the Pats to take this one.

OP
OP
O

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score

cheesey said:

You did way better than I did. I said 8-8 or 9-7, but I said we'd improve. Our 8-8 last year, we had negative points for versus points against. I said this year, we'd be positive in points for versus points against.

I'd love to see us win another SB. I hadn't been this excited to watch the Packers since '03, when I honestly thought we'd win the SB.

For me it has been a DEPRESSING season... I expected 16-0 and the superbowl but they only finished 13-3...

IF they get to the superbowl, I will have been only 1/2 vindicated.

NO! Not really! But EVERYONE thought I was nuts when I predicted the 16-0 and the superbowl... And we DO have a GREAT chance! The 16-0, well that belongs to the OTHER team but, at least I was half right!

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

pack_in_black said:

I guess I'm wandering off-topic here, but I think NE has a very underrated rushing game.

No matter what happens, though, Wes Welker will be the x-factor on NE's offense. In the Tampa-2 that Indy runs, Moss and Stallworth should be less effective going deep, which is what those two do best.

Welker'll be running those crosses, outs, and slants all day like he has in the last 16 games, and it'll probably be crappy weather, so he'll have plenty of opportunitis to just keep moving the chains with Brady's accuracy. I pick (like most everyone else will) the Pats to take this one.

I think when you have 6 people in the box, it's easy to run against you. That's why the NE running attack is good. You're focusing on stopping their passing.

So my question, is the NE running attack really good or is it just because opponents are not trying to stop it like they're trying to stop Brady?

Pack88

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I was thinking it would be Green Bay and the Colts and just like in 65 a FG in OT for a Packer win. I would not mind a 49-7 Blowout by GB but the 13-10 would be ironic!!!
Pack88

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I think when you have 6 people in the box, it's easy to run against you. That's why the NE running attack is good. You're focusing on stopping their passing.

So my question, is the NE running attack really good or is it just because opponents are not trying to stop it like they're trying to stop Brady?

Could say the same thing about our running game? :wink:

But to answer the question, yeah, I do feel they have a good running attack. At least one of Maroney's big runs in week 16 came with single safety, 3rd and short, ten in the box. Brady's had ages on nearly every play to throw the ball. You don't protect like that without some major strength, and it can't be that much harder to run block than it is to pass protect.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts