1,000s expected for todays (Sat.) Legends parade in GB

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry your site historian "dropped the ball" on Legends Parade-,Today Saturday, Sepember 21, 2007 on Lombardi Ave here in Green Bay. I forgot about it until reminded of it by the article in today's Green Bay Press-Gazette.

If you are Packer history "buff" and you're into Lombardi coached "Glory year Packers" era, be sure to attend the Legends Parade here in GB today at 4:00 pm---------. PWT36

"Thousands expected for today's Legends on Parade

Lambeau's 50th, Ice Bowl's 40th to be commemorated

By Malavika Jagannathan
[email protected]

A few thousand green-and-gold fans are expected to turn out for today's Legends on Parade event — a highlight of a few key anniversaries in Green Bay Packers history.

"Everyone's really excited. These older players don't get to be around their fans as much," said organizer Sandi Campbell of Aspire LLC. "They can really participate with the fans in this."

The event commemorates the 50th anniversary of Lambeau Field, the 40th anniversary of the Ice Bowl, and the 10th anniversary of the Packers' victory in Super Bowl XXXI. Several former Green Bay Packers — including Bart Starr, Paul Hornung, Willie Davis and Jerry Kramer — will participate in the parade, which begins at 4 p.m. at the Tundra Lodge Resort and Waterpark.

About 32 classic cars from the 1950s and '60s, four floats and area several high school bands have signed up for the event, Campbell said."

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The first i saw about it was yesterday. I wanted to go, but my wife has the car for work. If anyone here goes, give us a report on how it was please!

Members online

Latest posts