1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Zombo fined for hit on Cutler.

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Oklahoma_Packer, Sep 30, 2010.

1. Oklahoma_Packer

Oklahoma_Packer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
  2. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,391 / 7 / -1
    Packer Fan Since:
    Oh hell no!!!! That's just sad! It looked like a legit hit to me! I bet Cutler went whining his silly little head off and somebody decided to just go ahead and fine Zombo to shut Cutler the hell up! Grrrrrrrr!!! Go Zombo! Get you some Lions this Sunday! Screw all Bears!
  3. 3irty1

3irty1 Fear the Dreads!

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0
    nah that hit was nasty. Coulda broken his chin. I didn't mind the flag (well did, but didn't feel it wasn't legit) The fine is kinda stiff, not like he did it on purpose. **** happens when your running through big dudes to get to some cranky pouting kid and have to stop right away.
  4. 98Redbird

98Redbird Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +221 / 6 / -2
    Yeah, that sounds about right. That hit was wicked. I liked it.
  5. ilovemypackers

ilovemypackers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +125 / 0 / -0
    I like that Zombo has the balls to use a picture of that hit as his profile pic on FB! Rock on! lol
  6. robdog

robdog Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +285 / 2 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    Crazy part of that article for me is how he is only making $320,000. He is going to feel the $7,500 fine for sure.
  7. gbforever

gbforever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +64 / 0 / -0
    Really, I would give Zombo a $7500 bonus for smacking Cutler's face into the turf, but that's just me :chisux:
    • Like Like x 2
  8. NelsonsLongCatch

NelsonsLongCatch Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +579 / 31 / -20
    That's just horrible. I thought the hit was legit. He caught him on the chin strap. He didn't go helmet-to-helmet.

If Zombo's helmet hits Cutler two inches lower, the INT counts and GB wins the game. Its sad when the NFL legislates hitting out of the NFL.
  9. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +109 / 1 / -0
    I agree with you
  10. PackisBack

PackisBack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Football isn't even football anymore. What would Vince Lombardi have to say about this?
  11. red4tribe

red4tribe Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +87 / 2 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    I thought it was head to head but I do think the fine is ridiculous. He didn't do it on purpose. If he had done it on purpose that would be another story.
  12. gbpack12_2_89

gbpack12_2_89 Bleeding Green and Gold

Ratings:
    +192 / 26 / -7
    Packer Fan Since:
    Why even be able to hit the QB? They should just starp some flags on them and then the only way to get them down is to rip the flag off. These rules that they have with proceting the QB is ridicolous. They say they want to keep them safe but this is football **** happens these guys are making more money in 10 years then all of us on this site will probably make in our lives combined. Suck it up take the hits and deal with it like a man. Hell our backyard football games are a lot more rough than whats taking place out on the NFL fields every sunday.
    • Like Like x 2
  13. PackerFan87

PackerFan87 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Rofl yeah that's so true.
  14. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +577 / 1 / -0
    Bummer. I hope it doesn't stop him for continuing to play aggressively. I'm sure he'll get a nice bonus at the end on the year and a pay raise if he keeps playing like he has.
  15. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,324 / 51 / -15
    Jeez.
    I guess the loss of the game and the penalties weren't enough.

I don't exactly agree either, but on the other hand I do since if it ever happens to A-Rod, (And I really hope it doesn't) hopefully that defender will be fined just the same.
    Then again, they did let the Cards get away with the face mask........

The QB really is in the most vulnerable spot and they should do whatever it takes to keep him from getting hurt since sometimes the defenders are trying to hurt him on purpose such as Clay did to Kolb, by pinning his arms which wasn't right.
    Clay should have been fined for that.

I know that football is football but they shouldn't be out there to hurt each other intentionally.
  16. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +471 / 1 / -0
    You guys are kidding, right? I realize it's a Packer so we're always supposed to feel wronged, but Zombo hit him in the helmet. Hard. And with his own helmet.

No brainer flag and I said he'd get fined right when it happened.
  17. Chop0Suey

Chop0Suey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +16 / 1 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    Except, as far as I know, pinning the QB's arms isn't against the rules...yet. As far as the fine's concerned, I've always hated the idea of a player being fined simply for trying to play good, aggressive football. At least it's in line with what everyone else would've received.
  18. Packman Chant

Packman Chant Lambeau West

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Weak! Cutler is a pussy lmao. What happened to the physicality of football? I liked the hit, made me jump out my packers blanket lol.
  19. YoKramer

YoKramer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    So a clean wrap up on a quarter back now is something you think should be illegal? All Matthews did there was wrap his arms around Kolb and unfortunately both Kolbs arms were part of that. There was no intention on Matthews part to put Kolb out of the game and imho to think otherwise is wrong.

And the fine on Zombo is bullshit.
  20. Canada's #1 Packer Fan

Canada's #1 Packer Fan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +13 / 1 / -0
    cutler the punk got it good. fine to me was not neccessary. i am hoping zombo does the same to romo on nov 7th .. :fool:
  21. NYC Cheesehead

NYC Cheesehead Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Keep it up Zombo! For his pay scale that hurts a lot more than a guy making a mil or two. Packers should give him a $7,500 check that he can essentially pass on to the NFL.

That hit was not ridiculously out of control....the fact it was on a QB is what made the fine. Had that hit been on a receiver i doubt he would have een fined.
  22. PFanCan

PFanCan That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.

Ratings:
    +712 / 14 / -3
    Geez, you have 340 pound neighbors who can bench press 225 pounds 40+ times? Glad I didn't grow up in your neck of the woods!
  23. dansz15

dansz15 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +35 / 3 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    It'll be two hand touch in a few years anyway for QB's.
  24. Quientus

Quientus Oenophile

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    I cannot believe those of you who watched the game and saw Zombo's hit on Cutler, can still say it was a "legit" hit ...

There are varying degrees of "legit", however, Zombo's hit on Cutler wasn't even near being "legit" ...

It's pretty obvious that Zombo is lowering his head right before he smacks into Cutler ... - Had he not done this, the hit probably would have been fine, and at worst a "roughing the passer" call would have been made, and no fine ... as contact was made almost the same moment that Cutler released the ball ... - The flag should have been and was rightfully thrown ...

The problem this season seems to the same as the previous seasons; lack of discipline ... - And I still don't understand why so many of you still seem to be on McCarthy for this ... Obviously it's a "player-issue", and no amount of coaching will change this, unless the players themselves doesn't "fess up" and start making changes ...

The offensive line seems to have improved slightly ... Or as I would like to think, it seems that Rodgers has become alot better to getting the ball out faster (than the previous seasons) ...

The defense still needs improving, but showing better signs though ...

Special teams are just plain right playing atrocious atm ...
  25. packerfan4ever

packerfan4ever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +47 / 4 / -0
    i guess the acting school cutler went to paid off the hit was not intentional,i know they have to curb those type of hits,but feet don't have breaks hope it doesn't make him a passive player.