1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Zombieslayer

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by all about da packers, Apr 16, 2008.

1. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Packerforum name: Zombieslayer
    Real name (first only): Paul
    Current City: Lafayette, CA
    Hometown: Chicago

1) How did you choose your screen name?

It's the same name I use on everything else. I'm probably the only one I know who takes the upcoming zombie plague seriously, so I might as well take the name.

2) Could you tell us a little about where you grew up and about your family?

Born in Chicago but moved to California very young, so I don't remember it other than when we went back for visits. I grew up in Martinez, California, which is a refinery town right on the water. Shell and Tosco both have huge refineries there. Same town that John Muir, Joe DiMaggio, and the Martini came from (a martini by the way is gin and vermouth, a "martini" with vodka in it is not a martini, just vodka in a martini glass).

The weird thing is it's a real small town and still is to this day. I have 3 brothers, one older and two younger. My older brother speaks 7 languages. My younger brother was a track star and actually used to train with Carl Lewis. He was the closest to making it in professional sports in the family. My youngest brother is in Korea teaching English.

3) Did you play in any sports or where you involved with any High School clubs and such?

I didn't play sports at all in high school, but after college, I tried to work up to play semi-pro football level and got my bell rung and my knee torn. That ended that, but it was still fun and found out that the pros play at a whole different level.

4) What is your fondest memory of your teenage years?

Playing my first electric guitar. I miss that thing.

5) What was your first job?

Self-employed. I used to paint the numbers on peoples' curbs. It was great. Me and my friend would go door to door and ask for $4 to paint peoples' curbs. If they said no, we'd say $3. I always had plenty of money as a kid (for a kid).

6) What lead to your dedicated following of the Packers?

My father was a Wisconsin Badger and he made the mistake of taking me to see his buddies in Wisconsin during football season. Much to his disgust, I fell in love with the Green and Gold.

7) Could you tell us one of your favorite memories of the Packers?

1982 - James Lofton was my favorite player in the world and we had John Jefferson, Paul Coffman, and Lynn Dickey was actually healthy that year. Dickey was on that year and nobody could stop the Packer O. Unfortunately, we couldn't stop top tier Ds and only made round 2 of the Playoffs. But my expectations were very low because as Cheesey remembers, we sucked for the longest time so a winning season was the greatest thing in the world and suddenly, we're in the Playoffs.

Years later, some guy named Majkowski had a truly magic year, but after '89, he was always hampered with injuries. We did have the best WR in the NFL in Sterling Sharpe though, and in the early 90s, this young kid name Brett Favre comes along. I think you young ones can pick up the story from there.

8 ) How did you find the Packerforum and what keeps you active on the site?

I have no idea how I found it. I remember looking for the old Frozen Tundra homepage and it was long gone, but when I found this site, it was even better than the Frozen Tundra page. The people keep me here. It's just a great sports site and I'm glad to be a part of it.

9) What other sports teams do you follow?

None. I'm a Packer fan and that's it.

10) When you’re not on Packerforum what could you likely be found doing with your spare time?

Practicing guitar.

11) If you could have one moment being part of the Packer organization, what would it be?

Actually, it would have been '07. I haven't had this much fun in a long time. I loved this season and will always look back at it fondly. '96 of course was the magic year, but everyone will say that. '03 is up there too. I genuinely thought that year was magical enough that we could have won it all. Too bad we had no D. Still, if we would have only handed the ball off to Ahman Green on 4th and 1 instead of punting.

12) How many trips have you made to Lambeau? None. Sad
    I was saving up for a trip in '08 because I thought fo shizzle Favre would play one more year. Now that money is going to record our band's demo.

13) What is your worst fear?

Same as RP's. [Heights]

14) What type of hobbies do you enjoy?

I love music. Mostly heavy metal. I love the outdoors. Used to hunt, but now more into outdoor photography. For all the bashing I do on California, it's the most beautiful place in the world. No, not America but the entire world. New Zealand probably comes in second place.

15) What’s your favorite food?

Tie between a good ol' American steak and sushi

16) Where are some of the places you’ve been, and where are some of your favorites.

Besides all over California, I've been to 27 states so far. Got 23 more to go. The Caribbean is gorgeous as is New Zealand. Canadian women are hot and their people are incredibly nice. Mexico is terribly underrated as a vacation spot and I think the rest of the world is finally figuring that out.

17) What is one thing you've always wanted to do, but haven't done yet in your lifetime?

Well, my ultimate goal is to get signed to a major record label and travel the world. I've love to play Japan, Europe, and Brazil. Brazil still has a strong Metal scene and they pack stadiums. I've love to be in front of that.

18) If you could live anywhere where would it be?

Chico, California where Aaron Rodgers is from. We own a house there that we'll retire to. The bad thing about Chico (and also the good thing) is that there are no jobs. It's good because it will never be too crowded. Developers recently overbuilt and now they can't give those houses away.

19) Name your favorite 5 Packers all time and explain the reason.

First off, all players I'm naming are '76 on.
    Brett Favre. Do I really need to explain this?
    James Lofton. He was my hero growing up. When I found out he got traded to the Raiders it was one of the worst days of my life. Lofton always played on bad teams and he'd dominate the record books if he would have had QBs that weren't getting buried behind bad OLs in his peak years. The amazing thing is he still was good on the Bills, his 3rd team, which was already very late in his career.
    Donald Driver. Driver is 100% heart. He gives everything every chance he gets and is one of the most unselfish players I've ever seen. He's always happy for his teammates and has no desire to be center of attention. He just wants to win.
    Lynn Dickey. He's one of the most underappreciated QBs. His long ball was one of the best I've ever seen. He never had an OL in front of him and still racked up huge numbers. Injuries ended his career unfortunately.
    Nick Barnett. My wife and I became huge Nick Barnett fans from '03 on. He was all over the field. We immediately knew that he would become a dominant MLB. It's happening, the sad thing is he has too much good competition.

20) Up to this date, what is one of your favorite Packerforum memories?

Even though I've been on this board for 2 seasons, my best memories have all been the '07 season. '07 was wonderful, and it has been a pleasure being a part of this board for it. I'll look back at the '07 season with fondness, even though we didn't win it all, but it was fun talking to Snap before and after the Super Bowl. I remember him thinking there was no way for the Giants to win and I kept telling him they'll beat the Pats. They wanted that game more.

21) Anything else you’d like to say?

Nah. I talk so much I probably need to be gagged sometimes.

22) Who do you nominate to be the next PF Interview?

Heather. She's always been one of those Packer fans who do a lot but for some reason don't get enough credit.
  2. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
  3. vikesrule

vikesrule Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Great to know more about ya Paul!

I found your "first job" interesting.
    Very creative entrepreneurial skills at a young age.

Oh ya, you notice that I changed my sig? :p
  4. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,544 / 76 / -14
    Packer Fan Since:
    Hey Paul..if your brother trained with Carl Lewis by chance does he also know Floyd Heard? I went to high school with Floyd, was on the football team with him, and he used to be a roo mate with Carl..In fact Floyd had beaten Carl and was ranked #1 in the world

As always this was a great read!
  5. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    It's SO much fun to find out a little more about our "family".
    Another great read!
    Keep them coming guys (and gals!) :D
  6. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +625 / 6 / -0
    your "one moment with the Pack" would be the entire 2007 season? That's a few moments!
  7. PackinSteel

PackinSteel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I do in fact take the upcoming Zombie plague seriously. I just didn't realize there was anything we could do about it!

I'm all for nominating Heather. My only fear is that she'll turn around and nominate me so she "can get to know me better" :lol:
  8. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Cool read Zombie...

Your Father was a Badger eh.. hats off, that is very cool.

Oh an if the zombie's start to come.. I am stickin out my left leg.. let them suckers gnaw on that. :lol:
  9. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    They will break all their teeth off!!! :lol:
  10. Heatherthepackgirl

Heatherthepackgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    What a great read Zombieslayer and thanks for the nomination, I hope your not sorry you picked me. :)
  11. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I'm sure he won't be........we get to learn more about you! :wink: :lol:
    Poor Edder! (Packinsteel)
  12. BangTheDrum

BangTheDrum Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    :rotflmao:

Zombie, you should find a way to get us some of your music, if it's metal, I'd love to hear, well I'd like to hear it either way but I love metal :bang:
  13. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ouch!
    Talking about taking things out of context. ;)
  14. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    No. They didn't overlap, so he doesn't know Heard personally.

My brother used to run at UH. He as a member of the Midnight Track Stars, which was kind of an ad hoc running group there. No, Lewis wasn't a member. They were on a first name basis, but he didn't know Lewis really well. Just seen him at parties and occasionally on the track. Said he's a really nice guy, very quiet though.

They weren't training partners or anything, but my brother was extremely fast. Probably missed Olympic speed by under 1/10th of a second (which unfortunately so did 1000 other Americans). But when normal people run against him, they lose by an embarrassing margin.
  15. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Bang - I'll PM you when it's ready (mid-July)
  16. BangTheDrum

BangTheDrum Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Bitchin!
  17. Raider Pride

Raider Pride Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    We really need to get together one day my friend.

I want to hear some guitar beside a fire. Music is your dream.... Chase your dream.

R.P.