Your thoughts on Koren Robinson?

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The problem is, we will evenutally determine whether Koren is sick or if he's just a wrotten apple. I think TO, as an example, has turned himself into a superb receiver, but he's a cancer on this team and disruption to everything that happens. Randy was a hell of a good receiver, but he was selfish and became a distraction. Would I like the talent of those two guys on my team? Sure, would I like the constant attention grabbing and the selfishness? No. Koren Robinson made some mistakes, but that may be due to illness (alcoholism). Only time will tell.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It sounds like they are there for him(but arent babysitting him by any means) which is cool. Brett obviously has a past, and wasnt a 'packers person' at one time, but he changed, with help. Hopefully Koren gets the help and family atmosphere he needs in GB.

Since69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Buckeyepackfan said:
So far so good.
Bad joke I heard today.
The Packers have a new wr tandem, Donald Driver and Drunk Driver.

I've been a KR supporter from the beginning, but that's damn funny. :rotflmao:

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is a big difference in fighting substance abuse and having an addiction with one's ego. It's all about "me" with TO and Moss where it's all about "me against alcohol" with K-Rob.

The first can kill a teams focus and chemistry whereby the second lends itself to uniting and support. Everybody wants to see K-Rob beat this thing.

Everyone also knows there's no helping TO get over himself.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
warhawk said:
There is a big difference in fighting substance abuse and having an addiction with one's ego. It's all about "me" with TO and Moss where it's all about "me against alcohol" with K-Rob.

The first can kill a teams focus and chemistry whereby the second lends itself to uniting and support. Everybody wants to see K-Rob beat this thing.

The second can kill innocent lives. You tell me which is worse.

Quite possibly the dumbest post of the month.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he would be a better Receiving WR than just KR so I guess I'd stick him in more I want to see what he can do.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
DePack said:
warhawk said:

So there is a way to ignore pyles posts? How can this be done? ;) heh

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
unless thats jennings tak....oh...wait... deja vu...

great pic. I hope to see more of that. out of all the people favre could be talking to and celebrating with on the way down the tunnel....favre is with k-rob. I think k-rob has a friend!

packerman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
warhawk said:

honestly, if you are true believer in God, then you know that our lives are not in our hands or anyone elses for that matter, you never know when you are going to go, theres a plan for us all...i think you can read into that, not going to say anymore without it being taken the wrong way.....and to constantly point out the negative in the guy when he's trying to do positive just blows.... he's a tremendous athlete with great gift and the packers only had a small dose of that on sun...just wait, more to come!! the packers have a nice support for him along with his family, so he will be ok!

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let me start by saying clearly I hope Koren Robinson gets his life together Koren has had more than his share of last chances, his talent as a football player has given him break after break, which he has eventually thumbed his nose at each and every time. Seattle and MN washed their hands of this guy at great financial loss because they considered him too high of a risk to continue to carry on their rosters.

I was opposed to his signing and think I made it quite clear why, so I will not go over that again. I will say, that I bought that he had turned his life around last season and had him on my short list of FA I hoped the Packers would pursue – the Vikings secured him to a contact before he became a free agent.

Because he is a Packer I will cheer for him to succeed each week while he is on the field. HOWEVER, I do not believe he will be on the field much longer, because I cannot imagine the Judge in Washington (who has been burned twice by Koren) not putting him in jail after his revocation hearing in October. He also will get additional jail time when his MN trial is completed and that will be followed by a 1 year suspension. When this suspension begins will be determined by the outcome of his revocation hearing.

In his 1st week as a Packer, Koren Robinson made poor decisions as a KR which ended up with poor field position (starting short of the 20 yard line) -- he had 4 returns for a mediocre 18.3 return average. He looked much better in week two and raised his totals to 7 kickoff returns for a 22.4 return average, with a long of 31 yards. These are respectable but unspectacular numbers

As a WR in his first two games as a Green Bay Packer he has one reception – but one must factor in that he is only learning the system and will only be available in limited packages for some time (but as I mentioned above it is questionable how much time he has).

Yes, he did make the Pro Bowl last season as a kick-returner for the Vikings last season – his only season in that capacity. Greg point out that he has a history of dropping too many passes and being unreliable in routes – this is true and reflected in his production as a receiver the last two seasons when he put up far worse numbers than Antonio Chatman

In Koren Robinson's last two seasons (MN & Seattle) as a receiver he had:

~~ in '05' he had 22 catches for 347 yards with 1 TD
~~ in '04' he had 31 catches for 495 yards with 2 TD

Last season Antonio Chatman in GB as a receiver he had:

~~ '05' he had 49 catches for 549 yards with 4 TD

Just some food for thought before we get our hopes pinned on this talented and troubled guy who has let a great deal of people down throughout the years.

packerman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bruce said:
Let me start by saying clearly I hope Koren Robinson gets his life together Koren has had more than his share of last chances, his talent as a football player has given him break after break, which he has eventually thumbed his nose at each and every time. Seattle and MN washed their hands of this guy at great financial loss because they considered him too high of a risk to continue to carry on their rosters.

I was opposed to his signing and think I made it quite clear why, so I will not go over that again. I will say, that I bought that he had turned his life around last season and had him on my short list of FA I hoped the Packers would pursue – the Vikings secured him to a contact before he became a free agent.

Because he is a Packer I will cheer for him to succeed each week while he is on the field. HOWEVER, I do not believe he will be on the field much longer, because I cannot imagine the Judge in Washington (who has been burned twice by Koren) not putting him in jail after his revocation hearing in October. He also will get additional jail time when his MN trial is completed and that will be followed by a 1 year suspension. When this suspension begins will be determined by the outcome of his revocation hearing.

In his 1st week as a Packer, Koren Robinson made poor decisions as a KR which ended up with poor field position (starting short of the 20 yard line) -- he had 4 returns for a mediocre 18.3 return average. He looked much better in week two and raised his totals to 7 kickoff returns for a 22.4 return average, with a long of 31 yards. These are respectable but unspectacular numbers

As a WR in his first two games as a Green Bay Packer he has one reception – but one must factor in that he is only learning the system and will only be available in limited packages for some time (but as I mentioned above it is questionable how much time he has).

Yes, he did make the Pro Bowl last season as a kick-returner for the Vikings last season – his only season in that capacity. Greg point out that he has a history of dropping too many passes and being unreliable in routes – this is true and reflected in his production as a receiver the last two seasons when he put up far worse numbers than Antonio Chatman

Just some food for thought before we get our hopes pinned on this talented and troubled guy who has let a great deal of people down throughout the years.

Its funny to hear you guys talk like you have so much legal expertise or have constant talks with the league and his lawyers..lol..it cracks me up...and to compare his season last yr and the yr before is hilarious as well..come on, with the vikes, he had to learn the off the whole season along with having pepper throwing the pill who started off the season with 8 ints and 0tds and then brad barely managing over 175yds a game, meanwhile, you didnt point out he moved himself up the depthchart to the #1 receiver and he was clutch when the vikes beat the pack in GB, he was the reason for that victory..also, he was suspended half the season the last yr with the hawks,come on dude...be real...i wouldnt be surprised if he's the #1 receiver by yrs end here too.... seattle, he will face punishment at end of season, mn...not even worried about it...nfl, we'll see!!!

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
alcoholism is a disease. alcoholics are literally living a life of craziness where nothing that is right makes sense. they have NO CONTROL over themselves & are unable to make decisions correctly when they are drinking. it doesn't matter how many times they've been caught, who they've hurt, how much money they've lost, or how many times they've hurt themselves...an alcoholic has to hit his or her bottom. for each individual, that bottom is completely different.

i will NOT sit here & act like i'm some holier than thou person when it comes to driving drunk because i've done it more times than i EVER should have. i am not an alcoholic but my husband is a recovering alcoholic. he's a great guy - always has been & always will be. when he was drinking - he was a friggin idiot. he wrecked every car or truck he ever owned & nearly died in one of the crashes. any mentally stable individual would say "wtf am i doing? i've gotta quit drinking." but because he was an active alcoholic - he couldn't see that.

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packerman said:
Bruce said:

Its funny to hear you guys talk like you have so much legal expertise or have constant talks with the league and his lawyers..lol..it cracks me up...and to compare his season last yr and the yr before is hilarious as well..come on, with the vikes, he had to learn the off the whole season along with having pepper throwing the pill who started off the season with 8 ints and 0tds and then brad barely managing over 175yds a game, meanwhile, you didnt point out he moved himself up the depthchart to the #1 receiver and he was clutch when the vikes beat the pack in GB, he was the reason for that victory..also, he was suspended half the season the last yr with the hawks,come on dude...be real...i wouldnt be surprised if he's the #1 receiver by yrs end here too.... seattle, he will face punishment at end of season, mn...not even worried about it...nfl, we'll see!!!

LMAO Who is talking like they have legal expertise and confirmation from the league??? HINT: you might want to look in the mirror.

I offered an opinion that I clearly owned and based upon real facts --like he has to be in Washington on October 4th to face a Judge he has burned twice and faces felony charges in MN two weeks later...

Whereas you ignorantly assert "he will face punishment at end of season" as if it is a fact.

The fact is he caught 22 passes with only 1 TD for the Vikings. You can offer the excuse that he had to learn a new offense if you like, but HELLO... is anybody home... Earth-to-Packerman, he is having to do the same in GB.

BTW he was never even close to being the Vikings #1 receiver -- he was not even a starter in MN (evidenced by his pathetic numbers). During the off season he signed a big contract and the hopes were that he would replace Nate Burleson as their top receiver -- something he never achieved, instead ending up dumped by the franchise -- his second NFL team giving up on him despite great financial hits for doing so.

Just because you are ignorant to NFL rules does not mean everyone is. He faced a 4 game (which is not half of 16) suspension two seasons ago with the Seahawks. He is absolutely going to face a 1 year suspension -- the only question is WHEN.

And you may "not even worried about" the felony charges he is facing in MN -- I guarentee you that Koren is!

Zero2Cool said:
Yeap.

Chatman is gone, seriously move on already.

I think you missed the point Zero.

I was not bemoaning the fact that Chatman left in free agency when TT decided not to offer him even a minimum offer as a RFA. Like you implied that is water over the dam.

I simply offered up his numbers to put some perspective on Robinson's production. It seems that some want to bestow upon Koren TO like stature -- but the facts are in his 6 seasons in the NFL he has caught 13 TDs one more than Robert Ferguson, and only 8 more over the course of his 6 seasons in the NFL than our midget Chatman caught last season alone.

Again the comparisons are only offered to give some perspective.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Midget, smurf, keebler elf, whichever. Chatman could catch! He jus couldn't do anything after he caught it.

I do find it ironic the off season after he returns a kick for a TD he gets 'let go'.

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
Midget, smurf, keebler elf, whichever. Chatman could catch! He jus couldn't do anything after he caught it.

I do find it ironic the off season after he returns a kick for a TD he gets 'let go'.

I always liked Chatman, but had no problem with TT deciding to go in another direction. I agree that his YAC numbers were not impressive -- except on a couple of crossing patterns. But he was money on 3rd down for brett last season with 31 first down catches.

Though I better be careful using REAL numbers, because they seem to offend folks like packerman :wink:

packerman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bruce said:
packerman said:
Bruce said:

LMAO Who is talking like they have legal expertise and confirmation from the league??? HINT: you might want to look in the mirror.

I offered an opinion that I clearly owned and based upon real facts --like he has to be in Washington on October 4th to face a Judge he has burned twice and faces felony charges in MN two weeks later...

Whereas you ignorantly assert "he will face punishment at end of season" as if it is a fact.

The fact is he caught 22 passes with only 1 TD for the Vikings. You can offer the excuse that he had to learn a new offense if you like, but HELLO... is anybody home... Earth-to-Packerman, he is having to do the same in GB.

BTW he was never even close to being the Vikings #1 receiver -- he was not even a starter in MN (evidenced by his pathetic numbers). During the off season he signed a big contract and the hopes were that he would replace Nate Burleson as their top receiver -- something he never achieved, instead ending up dumped by the franchise -- his second NFL team giving up on him despite great financial hits for doing so.

Just because you are ignorant to NFL rules does not mean everyone is. He faced a 4 game (which is not half of 16) suspension two seasons ago with the Seahawks. He is absolutely going to face a 1 year suspension -- the only question is WHEN.

And you may "not even worried about" the felony charges he is facing in MN -- I guarentee you that Koren is!

Zero2Cool said:
Yeap.

Chatman is gone, seriously move on already.

I think you missed the point Zero.

I was not bemoaning the fact that Chatman left in free agency when TT decided not to offer him even a minimum offer as a RFA. Like you implied that is water over the dam.

I simply offered up his numbers to put some perspective on Robinson's production. It seems that some want to bestow upon Koren TO like stature -- but the facts are in his 6 seasons in the NFL he has caught 13 TDs one more than Robert Ferguson, and only 8 more over the course of his 6 seasons in the NFL than our midget Chatman caught last season alone.

LOL! UM, By seasons end, he was starting..what were you looking at...oh, he signed his deal before free agency hit..therefore, he was locked and loaded before Nate B was gone to Seattle...might be why they let him go out there..funny, but you knew that already...Get back to me next week after his court hearing in Seattle...to be continued.....(LOL)
Again the comparisons are only offered to give some perspective.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually Robinson was the #1 WR late in the year for Minnesota and I believe he did start a few games. If not he played a very similar role to the Vikings that Walker did for the Pack in 04. Early on he didn't have any chemistry with Culpepper but later on in the year Robinson and Johnson really established a good connection. So Robinson was Johnson’s go to guy late in the year. Burleson struggled last year and Taylor didn't really play up to par either. Robinson was really the guy who emerged late for the Vikes and that's why he received the contract extension.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually Porky Koren didn't contribute much of anything late in the season.

Week 17 - 1 catch 3 yards
Week 16 - 1 catch 5 yards
Week 15 - 3 catches 34 yards
Week 14 - 1 catch 15 yards
Week 13 - 4 catches 148 yards
Week 12 - 4 catches 29 yards
Week 11 - 3 catches 51 yards
Week 10 - 1 catch 44 yards

Perhaps you were thinking about someone else

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
Actually Porky Koren didn't contribute much of anything late in the season.

Week 17 - 1 catch 3 yards
Week 16 - 1 catch 5 yards
Week 15 - 3 catches 34 yards
Week 14 - 1 catch 15 yards
Week 13 - 4 catches 148 yards
Week 12 - 4 catches 29 yards
Week 11 - 3 catches 51 yards
Week 10 - 1 catch 44 yards

Perhaps you were thinking about someone else

18 of 22 catches he had last year in 8 games right there including his only 5 starts.

Members online

Latest posts