Your Reaction if the Packers were the 49ers

Status
Not open for further replies.

BorderRivals.com

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT and MM are terrible. We wasted money on Carlos Rodgers and now have a ton of guys to resign. Great, thanks for getting so many draft picks next year. We needed to win now. And what do we have to show for it? 1-2 in three straight NFC Championships and a SB loss. Our window to win was now and we didn't capitalize. SMH at our organization and management. Look at the Packers, they win every year and have managed to position themselves with good cap space even after signing Rodgers and Clay. If their recent picks start to improve, they'll surpass us very soon. Heck, they almost beat us with their B-squad this year. And we got lucky versus the Panthers. Kaep blew it last night. And now we lost Bowman and Iupati. We are doomed! Doomed I tell you!!!

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT and MM are terrible. We wasted money on Carlos Rodgers and now have a ton of guys to resign. Great, thanks for getting so many draft picks next year. We needed to win now. And what do we have to show for it? 1-2 in three straight NFC Championships and a SB loss. Our window to win was now and we didn't capitalize. SMH at our organization and management. Look at the Packers, they win every year and have managed to position themselves with good cap space even after signing Rodgers and Clay. If their recent picks start to improve, they'll surpass us very soon. Heck, they almost beat us with their B-squad this year. And we got lucky versus the Panthers. Kaep blew it last night. And now we lost Bowman and Iupati. We are doomed! Doomed I tell you!!!

I don't get it =/ You do realize that the Niners have knocked us out of the playoffs two straight yrs and have advanced to 3 straight Conference titels right? But i'll bite.

So while the Packers "win" every year it doesn't matter because we beat them every year. Hey but If their picks 'improve" they may finally beat us...that's a big IF tho. In the meantime if we lose guys at least we can count on our GM to sign guys to try to plug holes while waiting on our own draft picks to improve in the process. ;) I like our style of smash mouth football and playing great defense..they can keep there finese style mentality and depend on 1 man (Aaron Rodgers) to take them to the SB with a crap defense. I guess they expect to score 40 points every week haha. We have a complete team in San Francisco.

OP
OP
BorderRivals.com

BorderRivals.com

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't get it =/ You do realize that the Niners have knocked us out of the playoffs two straight yrs and have advanced to 3 straight Conference titels right? But i'll bite.

So while the Packers "win" every year it doesn't matter because we beat them every year. Hey but If their picks 'improve" they may finally beat us...that's a big IF tho. In the meantime if we lose guys at least we can count on our GM to sign guys to try to plug holes while waiting on our own draft picks to improve in the process. ;) I like our style of smash mouth football and playing great defense..they can keep there finese style mentality and depend on 1 man (Aaron Rodgers) to take them to the SB with a crap defense. I guess they expect to score 40 points every week haha. We have a complete team in San Francisco.

Packers won the SB three years ago. We've accomplished nothing. And now we have crucial injuries to figure out and contracts to figure out when we're already over the cap.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Per the collective bargaining agreement, don't the 49er' have Kaep for one more year on his rookie deal? If I'm correct, you can't renegotiate until after the fourth season. San Fran has one more year until having to deal with his extension and the cap results.

Plus, they made Super Bowl without Bolden. San Fran doesn't have to resign him to be good. The running back situation is fine. Even though Gore is old, Dixon and Lattimore are "in the pipeline". Gore isn't a must have player for success.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Serious question --

Which is a better 4 years for your team?

Team A - Won the Super Bowl in 2010. Best regular season record in 2011 but lost in divisional round. Won division again in 2012, won first playoff game, lost in divisional round. Won division in 2013, lost in Wild Card round.

Team B - Went 7-9 in 2010. Won divisions in 2011 and 2012. Went to NFC Championship Game both years and won it in 2012, but lost in Super Bowl. 2nd in division in 2013, won first 2 playoff games, lost in NFC Championship Game.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score

:D:tup: You get it. ...but don't hold your breath thinking certain others will find the irony of it all. Getting eliminated from the playoffs is only an issue when wearing the Green and Gold. For the rest, it was a great run! :)

"Heck, they almost beat us with their B-squad this year." Don't know how anyone could dispute this!...but I'll guarantee some will try! lol

Can I add another? How about "My God, could Kaepersack have done more to blow that game! We have to be honest, how crappy would he be if he didn't have a great defense behind him?!" "Can we really expect THAT guy to score enough points to win us games once our defense comes back down to earth and we lose all these players we can't afford!!!"

I had zero problem going on record saying Kapercraper would gag on his tongue and he did. Back to Back to Back turn-overs. Ouch. Laid a :poop:

OP
OP
BorderRivals.com

BorderRivals.com

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Serious question --

Which is a better 4 years for your team?

Team A - Won the Super Bowl in 2010. Best regular season record in 2011 but lost in divisional round. Won division again in 2012, won first playoff game, lost in divisional round. Won division in 2013, lost in Wild Card round.

Team B - Went 7-9 in 2010. Won divisions in 2011 and 2012. Went to NFC Championship Game both years and won it in 2012, but lost in Super Bowl. 2nd in division in 2013, won first 2 playoff games, lost in NFC Championship Game.

Fascinating poll. It has to be Team A because of the SB title. But, it will be interesting to see how the TT/MM haters respond.

I created a new thread/poll with your Team A, Team B. Great idea.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fascinating poll. It has to be Team A because of the SB title. But, it will be interesting to see how the TT/MM haters respond.

I created a new thread/poll with your Team A, Team B. Great idea.

nahhhhhh.... don't you get it? This is "fair weather fan poker" where two NFC Championship games and one Super Bowl loss trumps a Super Bowl WIN any day! Now, if the Pack comes back and makes it to the NFC Championship game next year, and the Niners don't make the playoffs, well then and only then will we be back to a push!

My God, I'm really getting sick of going over this with you. lol

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
The one thing so many people forget is that most of those free agents the 49ers signed were largely considered busts. It'd be like Pat Lee breaking out on the Raiders.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love the Packers just as much as anyone else but it's amazing how some of you believe that TT is the only GM who can manage the cap. It is possible for San Francisco and Seattle to still be good teams even with their cap situations and it's called the draft. They may lose some guys yes but there will be other FA that they can sign for cheaper and still be able to contend. Thats my point! a few good additions can change the fortunes of a team in a big way...and you don't need to overpay!!! which is what i don't get about this team.

Last edited:

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love the Packers just as much as anyone else but it's amazing how some of you believe that TT is the only GM who can manage the cap. It is possible for San Francisco and Seattle to still be good teams even with thteir ca situations and it's called the draft. they may lose some guys yes but there will be other FA that they can sign for cheaper and still be able to contend. Thats my point! a few good additions can change the fortunes of a team in a big way...and you don't need to overpay!!!

Ya...we all get it rodell. I just don't know what else anyone can say at this point. The very best analogy I could give to you is this.

Let's use the stock market.

Ted Thompson believes in a portfolio of 40% guaranteed investment, 50% growth and 10% income. This is a prudent approach for long-term success without over-exposing yourself to major losses. (Hence, one of the best winning percentages during his time in GB)

What you and others are requesting is a portfolio of 20% guaranteed investment, 20% growth and 60% income. You keep mentioning that you only want to sign "a few good additions". The main point to that is, WHAT A GREAT IDEA! Why the heck doesn't every GM do that one simple thing, right? Why, because it's not easy getting good players at a fair price.

Like we've pointed out now about 100 times, for every "success" story player that helped a team, there are about 10 that didn't work out. Soooooo.... do I hope TT can snag a player or two to help the defense? YEP! I sure do! Do I want him to over-pay for somebody and end up in salary cap hell like the Seahags will be in the coming years? NOPE. Like I said, the actualities of this are that the list of guys TT will have a shot at at a decent price will not be long and never is.

OP
OP
BorderRivals.com

BorderRivals.com

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love the Packers just as much as anyone else but it's amazing how some of you believe that TT is the only GM who can manage the cap. It is possible for San Francisco and Seattle to still be good teams even with thteir ca situations and it's called the draft.

And that's exactly what TT has been doing. If Nick Perry, Datone, Worthy, McMillian, etc. had panned out like some of the Hawks or 9ers draft picks, we'd be right where they are. Or if our OT's hadn't been injured and panned out, our O-line would be damn good and keeping Rodgers upright/protected for longer to make the big plays he's capable of making.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ya...we all get it rodell. I just don't know what else anyone can say at this point. The very best analogy I could give to you is this.

Let's use the stock market.

Ted Thompson believes in a portfolio of 40% guaranteed investment, 50% growth and 10% income. This is a prudent approach for long-term success without over-exposing yourself to major losses. (Hence, one of the best winning percentages during his time in GB)

What you and others are requesting is a portfolio of 20% guaranteed investment, 20% growth and 60% income. You keep mentioning that you only want to sign "a few good additions". The main point to that is, WHAT A GREAT IDEA! Why the heck doesn't every GM do that one simple thing, right? Why, because it's not easy getting good players at a fair price.

Like we've pointed out now about 100 times, for every "success" story player that helped a team, there are about 10 that didn't work out. Soooooo.... do I hope TT can snag a player or two to help the defense? YEP! I sure do! Do I want him to over-pay for somebody and end up in salary cap hell like the Seahags will be in the coming years? NOPE. Like I said, the actualities of this are that the list of guys TT will have a shot at at a decent price will not be long and never is.

Oh trust me, i gave up hope TT would sign FA years ago so i'm not dissapointed either way haha.

D

Deleted member 6794

And that's exactly what TT has been doing. If Nick Perry, Datone, Worthy, McMillian, etc. had panned out like some of the Hawks or 9ers draft picks, we'd be right where they are.

The thing is though that the Seahawks and Niners were able to draft more impact players over the last few years than the Packers were able to. That´s why they played in the NFC championship game and the Packers were sitting at home.

And it´s up to you who you want to blame for the lack of success in recent drafts.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
• While it’s true the teams in the NFC championship game will have to adjust once their QB’s rookie contracts are up and it’s true they have higher priced FAs about hit to the market, I don’t get the emphasis on those teams’ coming “cap hell” (not only in this thread). It’s just a different form of risk they’re taking as opposed to Thompson. The Ravens won their “bet” and had to blow up their Super Bowl team after winning it, but so what? They achieved the ultimate goal. So some teams gamble short term knowing they’ll have to reload fairly often. Thompson’s gamble is the Packers are in the hunt nearly every season and his mostly young roster comes together to win it all every few years. A lot goes into winning a title beyond just the roster. Packers fans know all too well the part injuries can play. And then there’s team chemistry. The teams considered among the four best this season are subject to an injury or two next season that could spoil their chances for a title.

• rodell330, you really don’t want to concede the obvious point that adambr2’s “Team A” has been more successful over the past 4 seasons? It’s an obvious point, why not agree?

• NOMOFO, worst analogy this year. Now January isn’t over yet but still… :D BTW, what is a “guaranteed” investment in the stock market? And wouldn’t Thompson’s 40-50-10 mix be riskier than a 20-20-60 mix in normal market conditions because growth (50% vs. 20%) is riskier than income or “guaranteed”? Or are you saying Thompson takes more risks than what “rodell330 and others” are suggesting?

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

breathe into this brown paper bag and calm down :D. It`s going to be okay. Honest ;)

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In modern times it has been 19 years since we won our last Super Bowl. (1995 - 2014)
While it was only 14 years in between wins for the SB wins for the Pack. (1997 - 2011)
Why can't we be as good as that?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
breathe into this brown paper bag and calm down :D. It`s going to be okay. Honest ;)
You do understand that he is acting like a 40Whiners fan and is asking us to do the same, don't you?
Or are you playing along too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts