Your opinion on the playcalling?

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TomAllen said:
paxvogel said:
So be it. But if we get the same Favre we got last season and are less than .500 by mid season then make the change and let the new guys get used to each other. Favre is an icon but we have to move on at some point.

This is beautiful!

"The same Favre we got last season"?

Do you mean the Favre that was running for his life on every passing play because the O-Line was giving him 2 seconds or less to release the ball?

Or the Favre who didn't have a running game, so the defense could key on the pass and blitz the hell out him, thereby knocking the snot out of him?

Or was it the Favre that didn't have any receivers to throw to because Driver was always double covered, and the other guys were alligator armed, NFL Europe quality talent?

Or was it the Favre that had to call a play and knew that everybody on the defense knew what was coming, and even my 88 year old grandmother knew what play was coming as well?

Don't forget, Aaron Rodgers was playing against SD's second string defense (a big difference), and they probably weren't trying to rattle his cage as much as they were Favre's..but let's blame it all on him anyway, since that seems to be the prevailing wisdom, eh?

Unbelievable.

Ain't it the truth. Let's bench the greatest QB of all time in favor of an inexperienced, weaker armed QB behind that offensive line. If it comes to the point of benching Favre then we finish 2-14 anyway and end up with Brady Quinn next year. Either way Rodgers is screwed. He better hope Favre does alright and we don't get that first pick.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
paxvogel said:
So be it. But if we get the same Favre we got last season and are less than .500 by mid season then make the change and let the new guys get used to each other. Favre is an icon but we have to move on at some point.

Wow, this is insane

Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
paxvogel said:

Wow, this is insane

I would disagree with you pyle.

Ultimately, I say do what is best in the long run. However I'd only do this if the Packers are out of the race a little after mid-season. The experience won't hurt A-Rod, and Favre playing for nothing gets us nowhere.

TomAllen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AADP said,

I would disagree with you pyle.

Ultimately, I say do what is best in the long run. However I'd only do this if the Packers are out of the race a little after mid-season. The experience won't hurt A-Rod, and Favre playing for nothing gets us nowhere.

Yeah AADP.

Except if Favre wants to come back next year.

That is, if TT finally gives him a reason to! I doubt that he would want to if MM/TT benches him this year!

We wouldn't want that though, would we AADP?

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As for play calling. Uhm it was one game. Coaches tend to call games much differently in preseason than in regular season.

If I had to take a guess, 99% of the time you kick a field goal and make it 7 to 3.

As for Favre vs. Rodgers.

Favre easily gives GB the best chance too win. Now if the Packers are out of playoff contention and Favre informs the team that he IS going to retire after the season. Then I think you let Favre play against the Vikings (last game at Lambeau and in my opinion the best way to go out) and then you start Rodgers the final game of the year against the Bears or at least play him a half.

Members online