YOUR most memorable play in recent PACKER HISTORY

your most MEMORABLE play in Packer History

• 2003-04, OT Interception in playoffs by AL HARRIS to beat HOLMGREN/Hasselbeck SEATTLE

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • 2003-04, the week after, the 4th & 24 play to lose to the EAGLES in that playoff

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1999? The damn Terrell Owens catch on final play in playoffs to beat Packers

• 2007-08: Favre's OT interception in the NFC Title game vs the Giants

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • 1983: Champ Redskins kicker Mark Mosely misses FG on Monday Night to let Packers win 48-47

• 1989: Don Majikowski's game-winning TD to Sterling overturned then re-overturned as Packs beat Bears

• 2009-10: Aaron Rodgers is strip-sacked in OT playoff game, for a return TD to lose to Cardinals

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Super Bowl 31: Desmond Howard's KR touchdown

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Super Bowl 31: Reggie White's 3rd sack in a bunch to seal win over New England

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Super Bowl 45 Run: Name the one play that stands out to you

Votes: 7 35.0%

• Total voters

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can be defined any way.
Some of you may not be old enough to remember some that I will mention. In fact, I know some of you AREN'T.

And I said MEMORABLE.
Not best. Not most important.... etc......
I will list 10 that stand out to me.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can be defined any way.
Some of you may not be old enough to remember some that I will mention. In fact, I know some of you AREN'T.

And I said MEMORABLE.
Not best. Not most important.... etc......
I will list 10 that stand out to me.

I have a few more recent ones...

2005 Samkon Gado long TD run against the Eagles when we SUCKED!...I was at that game in Philly. Their Cheesesteaks are not that good, by the way!

Tramon Williams Pick 6 against Peyton Manning in 2008...the Ascension of Tramon was beginning

Brett Favre OVERTIME TD WINNING throw against the Broncos in 2007

Ryan Grant scoring the first RUSHING TD against the Viqueens in 2007

Clay Matthews stripping the ball from Peterson in 2009

The Onsides KICK SURPRISE against the Cardinals in the WILDCARD game in 2009

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't have one single memorable play, but Donald Driver's 61 yard TD pass this past season stands out.

The dart Rodgers threw to Jordy Nelson in GB vs Atlanta I.

Tramon Williams pick 6 in GB vs Atlanta II

BJ Raji pick 6 vs. Chicago.

Super Bowl 45.. Just a ton of great plays- 3rd and 10, Rodgers to Nelson for 30 something yards right after Nelson dropped an easy one. Nick Collins pick 6 after Howard Green hit Big Ben in the arm. Matthews forcing Mendenhall to fumble...

I could go one, but I think I'll stop.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok even tho I didnt see it, most of us werent born..But Barts' q.b sneak in the ice bowl

The rest but in no particular order, just plays that stick out in my mind

Desmonds ko return in SB

Wayne Simmons hard hit on Bret Jones?? to cause a fumble,vs the Niners in Frisco in playoffs, Newsome picked it up for a TD..

Brett almost being sacked in the Carolina NFCCG by Greene but then shuttle passes it to Levens

Whites sack on Elway in GB on Sunday Night Football

Defensive play vs Barry Sanders in the playoffs in GB

Desmond Bishop int of Brett for a TD this past season

Rodgers Atlants playoff game where he scores rushing TD and does the belt

Ausnadian

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually as a memorable game rather than moment, Divisional playoff game a few years ago, Ryan Grant fumbling twice in the snow against the Seahawks, and after a verbal berating from myself and probably every other Packer fan on the planet, he turned it around and ran for over 200 yards and 3 tds, amazing turn around.
I quickly shut up, and although watching at home, gave him a one man standing ovation at the end, I was that impressed.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's a really good question, Frank. There are a multitude of memorable moments, both good and bad. My all time favorite, of that list, has to be Reggie's sacks in SB 31. I can still remember how happy I was, one of my happiest sports moments. One of my worst memorable moments was the playoff loss to the Giants in 2007(?), the year the Giants won the SB, hit me kind of hard.

MiamiBeachPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Had to go with Rodgers getting strip-sacked in the Cardinals playoff game. Still can't believe that a facemask penalty wasn't called :Arrgghh:

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Had to go with Rodgers getting strip-sacked in the Cardinals playoff game. Still can't believe that a facemask penalty wasn't called :Arrgghh:

FAST FORWARD TO 3:00

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4s0Inl226_s]YouTube - ‪NFL PLayoffs Cardinals vs. Saints Highlights‬‏[/ame]

And then Watch this

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZCbmc0IIM4]YouTube - ‪Aaron Rodgers nearly gets his facemask ripped off on National TV and Nobody Notices‬‏[/ame]

Kinda funny how Warner's got called following the Packers Cardinals game....hmmmmmmmm

also watch this one, go to 1:20

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWFHAY-bZFE&NR=1&feature=fvwp"]YouTube - ‪Packers vs. Cards Playoff Controversy‬‏[/ame]

and you know no one smiled bigger then Favre and his loyal fans

Reaction score
Thats a great list of plays. The one play from last year that sticks in my head wasn't even in the playoffs. It was the long TD that Donald Driver had vs the 49ers. I was at that game and that was one of the best high effort plays I ever saw. DD was not gonna be denied the end zone!

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
Desmond howards kickoff return in super 31

Tramon Williams sealing the deal vs the eagles

Tramon Williams int for a TD in the atlanta playoff game which pretty much sealed the deal

Sam shields sealing the deal vs the bears

Hoisting the George Halas trophy on the bears field

Nick Collins int for a td in superbowl 45

Aaron Rodgers shutting all the Brent Favre lovers up after getting superbowl 45 MVP

Bringing the Lombardi trophy back home where it belongs in 2011

Seeing Donald driver and cwood finally get the thing they most deserved in there football careers

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
O ya forgot about the yancy thingpen drop in the endzone that would have wrecked our playoff chances and then in 2003 I believe the cardinals Vikings game where the cards just sucked yet proceeded to win with no time left and knocked the vikes out of the playoffs and sent the pack into the playoffs...

Also Paul allens call in the saints game

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2Iw2YejS9A&feature=youtube_gdata_player]YouTube - ‪Paul Allen's Call of Final Favre Interception - January 24, 2010‬‏[/ame]

And also who can forget the call from that vikes cards game
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_wfYAGosi4&feature=youtube_gdata_player]YouTube - ‪Vikings @ Cardinals December 28th, 2003 Tecmo Super Bowl‬‏[/ame]

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
FAST FORWARD TO 3:00

YouTube - ‪NFL PLayoffs Cardinals vs. Saints Highlights‬‏

And then Watch this

YouTube - ‪Aaron Rodgers nearly gets his facemask ripped off on National TV and Nobody Notices‬‏

Kinda funny how Warner's got called following the Packers Cardinals game....hmmmmmmmm

also watch this one, go to 1:20

YouTube - ‪Packers vs. Cards Playoff Controversy‬‏

and you know no one smiled bigger then Favre and his loyal fans
OH SH!

This made me so mad... THANK YOU for this post. What BS!

BTW, what the hell is going on with the subtitles on that video??? Who the hell did that? I could've done a better job, and English is not my native language!!!

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My most memorable play is the Al Harris int because it's the one I saw live.

But this last SB was so sweet. I'd have to go with Rodgers to Jennings on 3rd down, or Collins INT. The later was the big play of the game, but the 3rd down conversion sealed the deal. It was a close game, and due to the injuries I was questioning whether we could sustain the lead or not. But that play made me sure that we would win it.

Reaction score
O ya forgot about the yancy thingpen drop in the endzone that would have wrecked our playoff chances and then in 2003 I believe the cardinals Vikings game where the cards just sucked yet proceeded to win with no time left and knocked the vikes out of the playoffs and sent the pack into the playoffs...

Also Paul allens call in the saints game

YouTube - ‪Paul Allen's Call of Final Favre Interception - January 24, 2010‬‏

And also who can forget the call from that vikes cards game
YouTube - ‪Vikings @ Cardinals December 28th, 2003 Tecmo Super Bowl‬‏

That Paul Allen call NEVER gets old! :happy0005:

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
so many more plays come to mind. Freeman like already mentioned in that vikes game.

or this [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_6LcGbHxR8]YouTube - ‪MNF Brett Favre Classic 10/29/07‬‏[/ame]

or this [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ljp-mcI12gY&feature=related]YouTube - ‪Favre throws record TD pass‬‏[/ame]

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
For me there's no contest: Starr's sneak in the Ice Bowl. No, I wasn't there but I was watching it on TV and recognized at the time what it meant: Lombardi was about to realize his dream of three straight championships.

Second place is perhaps odd considering all the great plays from the Lombardi days to date. McGee's hangover game in the first Super Bowl (stayed up all night, making it back just in time for breakfast because he wasn't supposed to play and played only because Dowler got hurt) and that first TD catch was amazing. A lot of the plays already mentioned come to mind too - who didn't love Reggie's Super Bowl sacks and Favre's first TD pass to Rison? But one play that is etched in my memory is the Dorsey Levens' catch in the NFCCG at Lambeau against Carolina. The Panthers had taken a 7-0 lead on an INT return. Levens ran for 35 on 3rd and one to set up first and ten at the Panther's 29-yard line. On the next play, Levens ran a route out of the backfield and drew coverage by a CB. Levens out-leaped the CB to grab a perfect pass from Favre - either Levens catches it or it falls incomplete - in the corner of the end zone and barely stays in bounds. If you find a replay of that play, the crowd goes silent when the ball is in the air and then just explodes at the catch. I knew then the Packers were going onto their first post-Lombardi Super Bowl. The presentation after that game at Lambeau was also priceless, although not a play of course.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
You mean the one at the 5:10 mark of this clip?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wHLpEV9d54]YouTube - ‪Brett F@vre Touchdowns 1996 Part 2-The Super Season‬‏[/ame]

Thought I'd try and serve it up for you.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Poor quality but it is against da bears
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F12FkIUgbSw"]YouTube - ‪Brett Favre 99 yard td pass‬‏[/ame]

Ties a record that can never get broken.

Members online

Latest posts