Your MLB Team

ClayMatthews

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who's your team, and how do you feel about there offseason?

I am a Detroit Tigers fan, I am very happy with what the Tigers have done. The move to get Benoit was a very helpful move and it will help from out bullpen thinning out after Zumaya gets hurt in June. I am also extremely happy with the Victor Martienz singing as well. Gerald Laird was a terrible catcher and if Alex Avila gets to see a great catcher and hopefully learns from Victor it will greatly help the Tigers future. Maybe the next Lance Parrish?

I was a little disappointed when we decided to keep Brandon Inge. He broke and holds the all time strikeouts for the Tigers, which he broke 9 years faster than sweet lou, and he is a career .265 batter. He is terrible, I wish they would of gotten rid of him and went after Beltre after they knew they where keeping Peralta.

All in all I see the Tigers being a team that could win the division but not make it very far in the playoffs. So to many if's with our rotation, and offense.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Hoffman's gone. He's looking to close somewhere and we have John Axford for that. Hoffman may end up retiring if he can't find somewhere to close.

I actually don't think we're that screwed without Prince. There's still a lot of offense without him. Braun, Hart, Weeks, McGehee, it's not terrible. Obviously you'd like to keep a consistant 30 HR 100 RBI guy around if at all possible, though.

Reaction score
LOL! I could have went all year without seeing this question. CUBS!

and does the off season really matter? Wood...again?

Who's next? Milton Bradley?

The only good thing about their off season is

that the CUBS ARE NOT PLAYING!

But, everybody has a bad century now and then. Now

at least Ronnie has joined Harry and Brickhouse and they're

already knocking down Budweisers or Old Styles and I just

think I heard Ronnie say, "THIS IS THE YEAR!!!"

Brewers getting Greinke and Marcum > very GOOD grabs.

I see us battling it out with the Pirates to keep out of

the cellar.

Reaction score
Why did they re-sign him? He has been a roller coaster of a pitcher for almost 5 years. You think that Big Z is on his way out in Chi Town?

Sentimental reasons? LOL! Who knows? Wood has acquired the "journeyman" tag, now, and as you mentioned, you never know what you're going to get from him and I just don't see anything positive coming from this move.

They also signed Carlos Pena to a one year contract.
Pena batted .196 last season, with 95 hits and 158 strikeouts. It was a bad year. Lifetime, he’s a .241 hitter with a distinctive uppercut swing that generates serious power: Peña has averaged 36 home runs and 102 runs batted in over the last four seasons, along with 157 strikeouts. He'll turn 33 next May! Not impressed. Another Dave Kingman? Strikeout or homer. Be still my heart with that move. They needed a left handed hitting first baseman, but I'm not liking this choice. Even Adam LaRoche would have been better imo. Of course, Gonzalez would have been my choice, vbg.

They signed Jeff Baker to a one year contract, although I like him.

Mike Quade received a two year deal as Manager and in the process, the most obvious choice{s}, Alan Trammel or Ryne Sandberg have now left the organization entirely. Trammel is now the bench coach at Arizona and not sure where Sandberg ended up.

And they also lost pitching coach Larry Rothchild to the Yankees. He's one of the best pc's in baseball, but he just didn't have much to work with.

I really liked Micah Hoppaiur, but they sold his contract to a Japanese League.

But they still have Aramis Ramirez who if he's lucky, may get to play a week out of every month if he doesn't get a hangnail.

And of course, we still have Alfonso Soriano who swings at anything down and out of the strike zone. Just yell...FORE!

Big Z is a "head case!"

About the only good acquisition last year was Marlon Byrd who played his heart out every game.

NO....Not much to get excited about in Wrigleyville this offseason. Same old tired crap with the Cubs.....ran Lou Pinella right out of baseball! LOL!

OP
OP
ClayMatthews

ClayMatthews

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I went to Fenway this summer, its amazing!

I got to go where Tiger stadium once stood. The stadium is gone but the field is still there. I threw off the mound and carved my name into the center field flag pole.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I got to go where Tiger stadium once stood. The stadium is gone but the field is still there. I threw off the mound and carved my name into the center field flag pole.

thats awesome. Isnt that where my cubs last won the world series?

From Detroit? I like Ford field and the tigers stadium. Saw eminem in concert at both.

CarolinaPackerFan

Packers fan in Panthers country
Reaction score
Im a Brewers/Braves fan. I like what the brewers have done this offseason. The Braves are unfortunately losing Bobby Cox and this may be the last Year for Chipper Jones.

I'm a Braves fan as well. I think losing Bobby may have been the best thing for us, honestly. Freddi is going to bring some much needed enthusiasm to our clubhouse and with the addition of Uggla and our young pitching, I really think we can contend. Our farm system is currently one of the top 3 in the majors and with Freddie Freeman and Heyward our young nucleus could soon dominate the NL East.

OP
OP
ClayMatthews

ClayMatthews

Cheesehead
Reaction score
thats awesome. Isnt that where my cubs last won the world series?

From Detroit? I like Ford field and the tigers stadium. Saw eminem in concert at both.

Yeah in 1908, and the Stadium the Tigers play now is called Comerica Park.

CheeseHeadInCanada

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been a Twins fan most of my life, a huuuge Joe Mauer fan and being from Canada I love Justin Morneau. My cousin played baseball with him when he played here, and he signed a baseball for me. Before he was drafted I told myself I'd follow whatever team he got drafted for and ever since then they've been my team

OP
OP
ClayMatthews

ClayMatthews

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been a Twins fan most of my life, a huuuge Joe Mauer fan and being from Canada I love Justin Morneau. My cousin played baseball with him when he played here, and he signed a baseball for me. Before he was drafted I told myself I'd follow whatever team he got drafted for and ever since then they've been my team

I hate the Twins.....Thanks for beating us in September every year.

Pat4DaPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Wow, anytime you can be a part of baseball history is sucha cool thing! I have been on the warning track of Fenway Park, that was too cool!

BearDroppings

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Orioles fan. Aka the Cubs of the East Coast. Yup I am living through the Andy McPhailure years of building a bad contender. But you have to be loyal, and stick with them no matter what happens.

SyX

Stranger in a strange land
Reaction score
Orioles fan. Aka the Cubs of the East Coast. Yup I am living through the Andy McPhailure years of building a bad contender. But you have to be loyal, and stick with them no matter what happens.

Haha, I've just given up hope on the O's. We go to the Abredeen Ironbirds games now. Same overall skill level if you factor out Markakis (who used to play in Aberdeen) for a fraction of the money, and it's only 15 minutes from our front door. It would be nice if they could get back to being relevant again, though.

Really fell out of baseball with their last labor issue and the 'Roid era. My parents live in St. Louis and we've gone to some games there. My 6 year old daughter has met Pujols a couple of times while we've been out there, and he has been amazing to her, so I guess if we follow any one team, it would be them.

JJP41

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chicago White Sox............Time will tell with Dunn. Definitely not sorry to see Fat Bobby gone.

dlog123

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Mets (it's horrible). I'm a NYer who likes all NY sports except football where I ended up a Packers fan.

Members online

Latest posts