1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Your 3 Best/Worst NFL cities to live in

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Forget Favre, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,419 / 56 / -16
    List what you think are the 3 best and worst cities that have NFL teams.
    I'm going to ask you to put aside your differences or bias towards the team and just focus on the city.
    You can base your choices on anything.
    If you live there, have ever visited, things you know just from the news, relatives, whatever.
    Listing your reasons for your choices is optional.
    Here's mine.

Best
    1) San Francrisco
    Went to college there and have always liked that city.

2) Chicago
    Always get a good vibe when I go there and it has one of the best art museums in the world where I have seen some famous pieces and like to go every few years to see their awesome collection.

3) Seattle
    Have only heard good things about it.

Worst
    1) Detroit
    It's bankrupt and just has a bad reputation all around.

2) Cleveland.
    Just because it's Cleveland.

3) Oakland
    It's getting a bad reputation for being a town of outlaws.
  2. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,358 / 74 / -394
    Packer Fan Since:
    Best: Green bay.... HEY I am Bias

St Louis: been there several times and loved that city

Charlotte, NC: Been several times for games. OUTSTANDING fans and very nice people overall.

Worst:

Detroit: Been there, NEVER want to go back, total SH!T HOLE

Chicago: Fans are pricks, city is smelly, city is dirty looking, and the bears suck

New york: Again, rude people, dirtiness, stank, and even the birds have attitudes.....a seagull landed in my lap and proceeded to eat my french fries....what a prick bird,huh? Plus Eli manning is a borderline mongoloid and I don't like the giants.
  3. Vltrophy

Vltrophy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +379 / 30 / -5
    Packer Fan Since:
    Best
    Green Bay besides being biast during football season the team is somewhat assessable & can get some decent autographs
    San Francisco- nice weather & hot chicks
    Miami- Same as SF
    Worst
    Detroit
    Cleveland
    MN
  4. GoPGo

GoPGo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +511 / 93 / -15
    Packer Fan Since:
    BEST:

Green Bay. I like the small town atmosphere (although some of that is being lost in recent years) and you're only 25 minutes away from great fishing and hunting no matter what part of town you're in.

Minneapolis. Hate the Viqueens of course, but very nice, clean city with lots of friendly people. Kind of like a much bigger version of Green Bay, frankly.

Cincinnati. Nice town except for a couple small areas you wouldn't want to venture into after dark. Great chili. Within 2 hours of 5 of the world's top 10 roller coasters.

WORST:

Detroit. Rotten from within. Dead bodies found nearly every day. Some areas go almost completely un-policed.

Chicago. Murder capital of the USA. Rude people. Slowly turning into the next Detroit.

San Francisco. I'm not fond of being hit on by other men.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Chicocheese

Chicocheese Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +203 / 12 / -1
    Packer Fan Since:
    BEST:

Green Bay - It is my dream to live here and probably wouldn't be too different from my hometown of Chico, Ca. A small down with a big heart. Plus, I will always get to see every Packer game no matter what.

San Diego - Great weather, the people are nice (a LOT nicer than L.A. for sure!), beaches and a strong military presence with is always cool. I can sit and watch the ships all day long.

Dallas - Just about anywhere in Texas really. It is the last bastion of constitution-believing, free enterprise loving people in our country. Want to carry a gun on your hip? Go for it. Want to drill for oil and get our country to be self-dependent? ENCOURAGED!

WORST:

Detroit - Jobless, dirty, rotting, ghetto, corrupt liberal $h!t hole. This city is EXACTLY what you get when you let huge unions take over and work with nothing but liberal leadership. I am sure there are decent parts of Detroit... but they are probably few and far between. What was once one of the primary hubs of industry in our nation is now a joke.

Chicago - Murder capital of the U.S.A., the next Detroit. It is trying to be the next liberal utopia (No guns, massive welfare, etc.) and it is going down the toilette. As previously mentioned it is the murder capital of the US because it's citizens cannot defend themselves (due to the city-wide gun ban) and there are so few jobs that job fairs are routinely canceled. Why is it that 2 of the 3 worst cities in the US are in the NFC North? Damn.

NYC / NJ Area - I have never been there, but the cramped quarters and rude people make me want to never live there. I would love to visit.
  6. PFanCan

PFanCan That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.

Ratings:
    +730 / 14 / -3
    Best cities:
    1. NYC. I lived there once. Nothing like this city in the world. For those that have never been there, your impression that it is dirty and has an abundance of rude people is quite incorrect, IMO. It's got great culture, history, is super vibrant, and has something for everyone. It's a whole world wrapped up into one city. And, they love their sports teams here!

2. San Francisco. Never lived there, but have visited no less than 20 times. Beautiful city. Next door to high tech of Silicon Valley and the birthplace of the Internet-computing world that we now live in. One of my top-10 favorite places on Earth is just across the Golden Gate: John Muir Woods (and it's little cove of redwood giants; was shown at the end of the recent "Planet of the Apes" film). The only thing that would improve this city is to evict all the Californians! :rolleyes:

3. Denver. Never lived there, but have visited about 10 times, including last week. I love to ski and this city is just a short drive from some top ski resort destinations. I also love the mountains and outdoors. Downtown is beautiful. Good place to work with many industries there, including oil & gas, aerospace, and finance. Great place to raise a family, from what I have personally seen and heard from my friends who live there.

Honorable mentions: Boston (New England), Minneapolis (I hate to say...), Seattle (I also hate to say...), Dallas (I really really hate to say...)

Worst cities:
    1. Philadelphia. Never lived there, but have visited three times in my life. All three times (work-related, stayed in hotels near downtown) were bad experiences. I saw a dirty city. Restaurant and hotel employees were truly rude. I have no interest in ever returning.

2. Detroit. Never lived there or even been here (except in the airport), but I believe that the hard times it has endured will continue, based upon what I read in the newspaper. Is there anything positive to say about Detroit? I can't think of anything.

3. New Orleans. Never lived here, but visited for both business and personal at least 10 times. Except for the Garden district "old town", this place is an ugly, corrupt, god-forsaken dump. Really. Sure, it's fun to go down to Bourbon Street region and get blasted drinking hurricanes until 6 in the morning, but this doesn't mean that I like this city. Yuck.

AND, to be honest: I personally would not want to live in Green Bay. Too small of a city for my interests. There is simply not enough industry, higher end educational opportunities, and diversity of population there to meet my needs as a professional and parent. Green Bay did not make my Bottom-3 list, but it would be on my Bottom-10.
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2014
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Fozastuta

Fozastuta Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    Poor old Detroit, even over here in Britain we are aware of what a dump it is. A City that help build an economy left to ruin.

Ford Field is a decent looking stadium, surrounded by poverty.
  8. mhnessie

mhnessie Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +569 / 5 / -0
    Best
    1 => New York City
    Most exciting city on planet earth. Architecture, museums, history, nature and even beaches - New York has it all.
    Never lived there but visited NYC several times, I will be back soon for sure.

2 => San Francisco:
    One of the most beautiful cities I've seen on my trips around the world. So many things to do and see.

3 => Phoenix
    The weather ! Especially in winter. I really like it there.

Worst:
    1 => Seattle
    To me this city is completely overhyped. I know Seattle is popular and pretty hip at the moment but I was somehow disappointed. But thats just my personal opinion.

2=> Detroit
    Depressing, just depressing.

3=> Buffalo
    Yes, the Niagara Falls are close and I somehow like the Bills, but what else can you do and see in Buffalo ?
    Found it a rather faceless city....
  9. AllouezPackerFan

AllouezPackerFan Section 121 Row 47

Ratings:
    +338 / 8 / -6
    Packer Fan Since:
    Best - Green Bay. I've lived here my whole life. I've traveled all over the world and my heart always resides in Green Bay. Not just because of the Packers, but because of all the small things.
    #2-Miami--Dolphins suck but the weather is nice.
    #3-San Diego--San Diego is a very fun town.

Worst--Minnesota-never winning anything ever has got to just take away your will to live.
    #2--Cleveland--enough said
    #3--Cincinnati--enough said.
  10. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3,619 / 92 / -35
    anyone wanna weigh in on buffalo?
  11. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3,619 / 92 / -35
    always liked people from Detroit, actually I tend to like most people from hard working midwestern cities.

If San Diego isnt in your list I question your taste in life
  12. AllouezPackerFan

AllouezPackerFan Section 121 Row 47

Ratings:
    +338 / 8 / -6
    Packer Fan Since:
    Yes, San Diego HAS to be on the list.
  13. brandon2348

brandon2348 GO PACK GO!

Ratings:
    +193 / 18 / -0

Yes, Seattle is way over hyped and there fans are annoying. It's a hype circus. Overall, there general football knowledge is very limited. When there teams lose's for a couple seasons they pack it in and the team is somewhat forgotten by about 90 percent of the fan base. The city itself is nice but the sky is a deep dark grey for about 8 months out of the year. If you are not an I.T type person or like sunshine I don't think anyone would like Seattle. It really depends what you are into and I am not going to go there,
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2014
  14. cara murphy

cara murphy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +10 / 1 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    1,New York city.
    It's very interesting .Fashionable and modern.the pride of us.
    2,Seattle
    For me, it is a gentle city. I like the weather in Seattle.
    3,San Francisco
    A very beautiful city.