You wish you lived in Green Bay? You do!

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Madison is a great town for the medical field. We have the UW Madison hospital, St. Marys, and I think some other hospital. Only some parts of it are shady, but the northern suburbs are nice. It is a city that isn't too big, and its not too busy in the summer time do to the college kids leaving for summer break. Only reason why I want to leave is I don't like cities. I want to live in a town without a McDonald's or Walmart.

oregonfootball

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lots of people who think they are "sophisticated" don't like Green Bay. It's a small city in a cold place. If you only like all the variety, arts and culture that large cities offer, then you would not like it. Green Bay is a city that is reflection of what America still is. Good real honest hardworking people who are friendly and a lot of fun. They take a little while to warm up to you if you sound or seem different. I don't like big cities to live in myself, I rather travel if I need more big attractions. The long cold winters were easier to take when I was younger than 30. Beer drinking is a sport and pastime for many, other sports, fishing and hunting are BIG around Wisconsin! I think the Schools are still tops in the country as far as for public education, the opposite of most large metropolitan areas. Myself, I don't like the cold anymore, but if I had to put up with it to give my family in a good little city I would. The yuppie and phony stuff of other places gets old, and phonier after a while. I think a persons age has a lot to do with it too. I'll take what big city people call "boring" any day, rather than dealing with all the other negatives large cities have. Most of all they have The Packers!!! You will never find anything quite like that relationship anywhere else. I know lots of places think they have similar or close. They don't Period! Not even close. It cannot really be explained, one has to live there to really understand it.

Go Pack!

Reaction score
I wish I lived in Green Bay. I would get to see the game every sunday on the TV. And Live in Titletown.

Yeah, seldom do we ever get a Packer game on a Sunday down here. Every freakin' Sunday it's the Colts and usually the Bears......#$@& Never been to Green Bay and my chances of ever seeing a game at Lambeau would be like a snowball in hell, but SOMEDAY I've got to get up there just to visit if nothing else, see the stadium and be close enough to experience a part of NFL history and tradition. There's NO greater fans of any professional football team than all of you proud Packer fans up there in Green Bay and throughout your state.:chisux:

Packerstud

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Milwaukee is nice. Ive lived here most of my 50 years. Big medical community. The Packers use to play half of their home games here at the old County Stadium until 1994.

Some small parts are unsafe just like any city our size. But with that come some of the cultural experiences, unique neighborhoods, you just won't find in a small town.

Lots of work here. Public schools are iffy.

1 1/2 hours to Chicago or Green Bay by car.
:chisux:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
As stated Milwaukee isnt bad at all I have lived here for 37 out of my 42 years

It really depends on where you live

Lot of areas to live and be near a hospital and would be a GREAT neighborhood

LAG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have no desire to move to GB, but when I am in town I try to grab a pizza at Cranky Pat's. I love that pizza!

sped2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I always took living in Green Bay for granted until I did my student teaching on the border of Minneapolis. It has never felt so good to be back in GB.

Zeck180

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would love to live in GB, but for now I won't ever leave my Iowa, cause here Bears fans are scarce(depends where you live) and the Bears(real ones) make the news when people see them. But i'm sure there are pro's and cons in living in GB, been in GB on Google street view, nice downtown and other areas. I'd like to visit for two reasons I love trains, there's a railroading museum and the obvious one.

sped2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know if I'd call what we have a "downtown," but I suppose it's better than nothing! They did have a rally downtown yesterday to support the Packers this weekend.

(west side and east side of GB may as well be two separate cities... proud to live on the west side!)

oregonfootball

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does anyone live in Wisconsin by choice, or wish they did? lol. Unless it's Florida or California, most people just are where they are because of work, family, were born there, etc.

Not like anyone really wants to live somewhere that's below freezing 1/3 of the year.

I like Oregon a million times better than Cali or Florida. Green Bay literally is my family, but I never miss that cold, I can drive to it if I want it. Remember people in Cali and crowded places it rains every day in Oregon.:jester:

Members online

Latest posts