1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

You Tell 'em Coach

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Croak, Oct 12, 2011.

1. Croak

Croak Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +957 / 11 / -1
    Packer Fan Since:
    It looks like the Coach got pretty huffy with the reporters. He not only put them in their place, but also sent a message to his receivers at the same time. It's nice to see him get a little heated up about stuff like this.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/131626678.html
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Powarun

Powarun Big Bay Blues fan

Ratings:
    +383 / 2 / -0
    Good for McCarthy. I am sick of hearing how whiny our WR are about balls getting thrown to them. If you want the the W, there are sacrifices to be made. When you get the ball do everything you can with it.
  3. Trapped In Vikingville

Trapped In Vikingville Trapped

Ratings:
    +146 / 2 / -1
    Beautiful!! Once again the media trying to make news (trouble) where there really isn't any! DD is such a class act, he knows how important he is to the team on the field and in the locker room. I think MM handled it very well and I am sure DD appreciates that. Someone started a thread earlier to the effect of "What made you a Packer fan?".............this exact type of team / player / coaches / management respect is one of many reasons I am a Green Bay Packer fan!
    I'll get off my soap box now, sorry for the rant.
    Trapped
  4. fettpett

fettpett Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +217 / 3 / -0
    It's not the WR's that are demanding the football, but the stupid reporters asking on their own about it.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. peteralan71

peteralan71 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    I agree and am pumped that he did this. The media needs to know that this is the "price" of winning. Also, he didn't single out any WR's (or TE's for that matter) but those who perhaps needed to hear what he had to say a little closer, now they can without him getting in their face publicly. Well done MM.
  6. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +963 / 25 / -9
    I dunno, Finley had a lot to say to the coaching staff about not getting the ball a week after he caught 3 TD passes...
  7. fettpett

fettpett Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +217 / 3 / -0
    so? he had a conversation with the coaches, he didn't come out in public demanding the ball more...sure he's got to realize it's a team effort, particularly with the number of weapons the Packers have on Offense, but he kept it in house and it was the GB/Milwaukee media that made a big deal about it.
  8. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +963 / 25 / -9
    So yourself. This is a team game, and frankly, I find it disconcerting that a player would whine to his coaches about not getting the ball enough a week after catching 3 TD passes. Then, to top it off he dropped the passes that were thrown his way in the following weeks game.. Go figure.

Yes, I want my playmakers to want the ball. I would be worried if they didn't. What I don't want is for them to put themselves above the team and bitch, whether publicly or privately, about not getting the ball enough. Especially a week after he was the sole focal point of the offense.
  9. fettpett

fettpett Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +217 / 3 / -0
    I agree it was a stupid comment from him, but Finely has become a much better player since his first season, and think it's being blown out of proportion
    If McCarthy thinks the guy isn't a disruption and Rodgers is willing to call him out when he needs too, then I don't believe there is anything to worry about with Finely, even and especially when he gets his payday.
  10. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +963 / 25 / -9
    Maybe, and I hope you're right. Would love to keep him, but that attitude really needs to stay in check. You would think he would have learned some humility after seeing his team win a championship without him. Hopefully he figures it out, even if he does get a big contract.
  11. realcaliforniacheese

realcaliforniacheese A-Rods Boss

Ratings:
    +842 / 18 / -5
    Like Big Mac said, if a guy doesn't want the ball, he has a problem with that.
  12. Future

Future He did WHAT?

Ratings:
    +87 / 0 / -0
    What you mean by "put them in their place?" They are just doing their jobs.
  13. Croak

Croak Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +957 / 11 / -1
    Packer Fan Since:
    Doing a job reporting is one thing. Trying drum up bucks by sensationalizing something out of nothing is not good reporting.
  14. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,377 / 86 / -17
    Packer Fan Since:
    Now all they have to do is catch the ball. Several drops yesterday.
  15. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,625 / 77 / -14
    Packer Fan Since:
    Good for Mike...He should show some fire, normally he is pretty even keeled to me in his PC..So for him to get alittle ticked, you know it has been bothering him
  16. Future

Future He did WHAT?

Ratings:
    +87 / 0 / -0
    It's not sensationalizing when multiple receivers have come out and openly complained.
  17. Croak

Croak Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +957 / 11 / -1
    Packer Fan Since:
    Sure it is. It's making mountains out of molehills to draw in readers. On the first day of journalism class at WVU the journalism professor opened the class by writing "SENSATIONALISM" on the board. Then he proceeded to explain to the class that sensationalism sells. So it's good business to sensationalize that which really isn't.
  18. Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper Fantasy Football Guru

Ratings:
    +1,368 / 24 / -2
    Packer Fan Since:
    Were they ESPN reporters?
  19. OldSchoolFan

OldSchoolFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +307 / 0 / -0
    I got 5 bucks to watch a reporter of my choice catch the ball on a 7 yard slant and get leveled by Desmond Bishop.
  20. PackAttack13

PackAttack13 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Ya leave it up to the media to try and start some crap between the players. Its like they have to do it because we are doing so good and the media doesn't like to see it.
  21. Future

Future He did WHAT?

Ratings:
    +87 / 0 / -0
    Why wouldn't they like to see it? The Packers doing well is a huge boost to the local newspapers.

It may seem like I'm taking this issue a little personally and that's because I'm a 4th-year journalism student and I'm just seeing a lot of falsehoods and misconceptions being thrown around in here.
  22. PackAttack13

PackAttack13 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Yes you are right it is a very good thing for local news. But when it comes to national news they want dirt and things that are wrong not good.
  23. Future

Future He did WHAT?

Ratings:
    +87 / 0 / -0
    I wouldn't include the four-letter network when talking about "media." ESPN is almost purely an entertainment outlet.