You Tell 'em Coach

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Good for McCarthy. I am sick of hearing how whiny our WR are about balls getting thrown to them. If you want the the W, there are sacrifices to be made. When you get the ball do everything you can with it.

Reaction score
Beautiful!! Once again the media trying to make news (trouble) where there really isn't any! DD is such a class act, he knows how important he is to the team on the field and in the locker room. I think MM handled it very well and I am sure DD appreciates that. Someone started a thread earlier to the effect of "What made you a Packer fan?".............this exact type of team / player / coaches / management respect is one of many reasons I am a Green Bay Packer fan!
I'll get off my soap box now, sorry for the rant.
Trapped

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good for McCarthy. I am sick of hearing how whiny our WR are about balls getting thrown to them. If you want the the W, there are sacrifices to be made. When you get the ball do everything you can with it.

It's not the WR's that are demanding the football, but the stupid reporters asking on their own about it.

peteralan71

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree and am pumped that he did this. The media needs to know that this is the "price" of winning. Also, he didn't single out any WR's (or TE's for that matter) but those who perhaps needed to hear what he had to say a little closer, now they can without him getting in their face publicly. Well done MM.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's not the WR's that are demanding the football, but the stupid reporters asking on their own about it.
I dunno, Finley had a lot to say to the coaching staff about not getting the ball a week after he caught 3 TD passes...

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dunno, Finley had a lot to say to the coaching staff about not getting the ball a week after he caught 3 TD passes...

so? he had a conversation with the coaches, he didn't come out in public demanding the ball more...sure he's got to realize it's a team effort, particularly with the number of weapons the Packers have on Offense, but he kept it in house and it was the GB/Milwaukee media that made a big deal about it.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
so? he had a conversation with the coaches, he didn't come out in public demanding the ball more...sure he's got to realize it's a team effort, particularly with the number of weapons the Packers have on Offense, but he kept it in house and it was the GB/Milwaukee media that made a big deal about it.

So yourself. This is a team game, and frankly, I find it disconcerting that a player would whine to his coaches about not getting the ball enough a week after catching 3 TD passes. Then, to top it off he dropped the passes that were thrown his way in the following weeks game.. Go figure.

Yes, I want my playmakers to want the ball. I would be worried if they didn't. What I don't want is for them to put themselves above the team and *****, whether publicly or privately, about not getting the ball enough. Especially a week after he was the sole focal point of the offense.

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So yourself. This is a team game, and frankly, I find it disconcerting that a player would whine to his coaches about not getting the ball enough a week after catching 3 TD passes. Then, to top it off he dropped the passes that were thrown his way in the following weeks game.. Go figure.

Yes, I want my playmakers to want the ball. I would be worried if they didn't. What I don't want is for them to put themselves above the team and *****, whether publicly or privately, about not getting the ball enough. Especially a week after he was the sole focal point of the offense.

I agree it was a stupid comment from him, but Finely has become a much better player since his first season, and think it's being blown out of proportion
Ask around the organization, and Finley has the reputation of a hard worker who loves football and wants to be great. And though Finley is outspoken, he doesn’t appear to be moody. So while there’s more risk paying him than, say, a Greg Jennings, there are important factors that bode well.
“(Finley) is by no means a disruptive force, if that’s what people are implying,” coach Mike McCarthy said this week. “He’s not that. If you ever had a chance to see him operate in meetings, walk-throughs, practice, it’s extremely important to him. It’s extremely important to him to do it right, he’s got a lot of pride. He has an exceptional work ethic. He didn’t have that when he first got here.”

If McCarthy thinks the guy isn't a disruption and Rodgers is willing to call him out when he needs too, then I don't believe there is anything to worry about with Finely, even and especially when he gets his payday.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe, and I hope you're right. Would love to keep him, but that attitude really needs to stay in check. You would think he would have learned some humility after seeing his team win a championship without him. Hopefully he figures it out, even if he does get a big contract.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Good for Mike...He should show some fire, normally he is pretty even keeled to me in his PC..So for him to get alittle ticked, you know it has been bothering him

Future

He did WHAT?
Reaction score
Doing a job reporting is one thing. Trying drum up bucks by sensationalizing something out of nothing is not good reporting.

It's not sensationalizing when multiple receivers have come out and openly complained.

OP
OP
Croak

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
It's not sensationalizing when multiple receivers have come out and openly complained.

Sure it is. It's making mountains out of molehills to draw in readers. On the first day of journalism class at WVU the journalism professor opened the class by writing "SENSATIONALISM" on the board. Then he proceeded to explain to the class that sensationalism sells. So it's good business to sensationalize that which really isn't.

OldSchoolFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I got 5 bucks to watch a reporter of my choice catch the ball on a 7 yard slant and get leveled by Desmond Bishop.

PackAttack13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ya leave it up to the media to try and start some crap between the players. Its like they have to do it because we are doing so good and the media doesn't like to see it.

Future

He did WHAT?
Reaction score
Ya leave it up to the media to try and start some crap between the players. Its like they have to do it because we are doing so good and the media doesn't like to see it.

Why wouldn't they like to see it? The Packers doing well is a huge boost to the local newspapers.

It may seem like I'm taking this issue a little personally and that's because I'm a 4th-year journalism student and I'm just seeing a lot of falsehoods and misconceptions being thrown around in here.

PackAttack13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why wouldn't they like to see it? The Packers doing well is a huge boost to the local newspapers.

It may seem like I'm taking this issue a little personally and that's because I'm a 4th-year journalism student and I'm just seeing a lot of falsehoods and misconceptions being thrown around in here.
Yes you are right it is a very good thing for local news. But when it comes to national news they want dirt and things that are wrong not good.

Future

He did WHAT?
Reaction score
Yes you are right it is a very good thing for local news. But when it comes to national news they want dirt and things that are wrong not good.

I wouldn't include the four-letter network when talking about "media." ESPN is almost purely an entertainment outlet.

Members online

Latest posts