1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

You play GB General manager, pick 1 free agent to help us..

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by OldSchoolFan, Feb 15, 2011.

1. missinghoagies

missinghoagies Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    How about that Darren Sproles, would get both Shields and Williams off of special teams, plus another weapon on 3rd down, him or Washington would be a sneaky great FA pick up.
  2. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +944 / 25 / -9
    I'd actually trade Flynn for Fitz straight up. Or even toss in a 3rd rounder. They need a starting QB, Flynn isn't going to stay in GB forever, and Fitz would help us replace Driver. Plus we're going to lose Jones to free agency anyway.
  3. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +944 / 25 / -9
    He would be an interesting signing, if we can get him at a discount. SD paid him $7 Mill last season. That's WAY too much for a returner.
  4. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +3,428 / 81 / -25
    Flynn and Finley for Fitz. :) Ill even throw in Nick Barnett
  5. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +944 / 25 / -9
    I'm definitely not a fan of Finley's attitude, but I'd keep him in his final year as a prove it type of deal. If his attitude still bugs, dump him and hope Quarless is ready to take the ball and run with it.
  6. 98Redbird

98Redbird Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +220 / 6 / -2
    I'm down with this. Where do I sign??

Problem then is if he doesn't amount to **** then he walks and we get nothing. Right now, teams know that he has potential, all the hype in the world is surrounding this kid, we could get something that's worth a damn for him right now, and I don't see his attitude changing. I love that he's talented but I'd rather deal with a humble dude that's not as talented. JMO
  7. 2411t

2411t Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +116 / 1 / -0
    Now I know how any team Moss played for feels about him (not saying Finley is anywhere near as annoying as Moss). I wanna keep him even though he's a headache. Quarless is physically similar but not technically.

FINLEY >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Quarless

EDIT: Maybe I'm taking it the wrong way. Preseason, he was talking about us winning the SB and whatnot. It came off as cocky even though it might've just been confidence. And the only thing I had a problem with is the team picture crap. That's no where near as bad as the crap Moss/TO/85/Desean Jackson pull off.
  8. Croak

Croak Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +879 / 11 / -1
    Packer Fan Since:
    I think I'd go after Cullen Jenkins...oh, uh wait a minute....

Otherwise I'd look for someone to beef up the O Line, like Harvey Dahl of the Falcons. Scrabble is a nice thought but there is no way we could afford his price tag and keep some of the guys we want to keep.
  9. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +944 / 25 / -9
    Sure, and that's a fair opinion. If he has a bad season, he should be cheaper to re-sign. If not, and he goes elsewhere, we'll receive a compensatory pick for him, probably a 5th but possibly a 4th rounder.
  10. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +944 / 25 / -9
    Unfortunately, Richard Seymore's new deal with Oakland just announced today all but ensures we're going to lose Jenkins to free agency.
  11. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Ratings Received:
    +871 / 5 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    Asomugha would be a great choice, but I think our Defense is already loaded, and as far as him, everyone is going to be wanting him.

We need another Offensive Lineman at best.
  12. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings Received:
    +471 / 1 / -0
    Nnamdi.

Aging Woodson makes that an easy decision. A couple years maybe of Wood at safety, then Burnett steps in, Aaron Rodgers style, and balls out. All the while, we have 2 of the top youngish corners in the NFL locking it down.
  13. Croak

Croak Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +879 / 11 / -1
    Packer Fan Since:
    Do you guys really think the Packers could afford to keep the guys they want to keep AND sign the guy who was arguably regarded as the best cornerback in the league this season? It's one thing to try to play TT, it's a whole other ballgame to play him realistically.
  14. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings Received:
    +471 / 1 / -0
    I was under the impression this was a "If you could have any FA" type of fantasy thread. I didn't think cap or reality applied.
  15. Croak

Croak Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +879 / 11 / -1
    Packer Fan Since:
    In that case, scrabble would be a good acquisition. But I still think our needs at OL are more pressing. But it would be hard to pass Nnamdi up if he is available.
  16. Big E

Big E Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +106 / 0 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    Bob Sanders anyone??? He just got cut by the Colts. I know he's injured all the time, but when he plays he's one of the best.
  17. Croak

Croak Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +879 / 11 / -1
    Packer Fan Since:
    LOL. This sounds a little like a used car dealer; "I know she's breaks down every few weeks, but this is a beautiful classic chick nabber."
  18. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +944 / 25 / -9
    I *KNEW* it was going to be a matter of time before someone here threw his name out. You ever hear the saying, "There's no such thing as stupid questions?" Yes, there is.

The guy has played in 9 games since 2007. 9. Sorry, but I don't care what kind of upside he *might* have, he's in no way worth any kind of risk, regardless of what kind of contract he's be offered. Especially when you consider we'd have to cut another player just to give him a roster spot. Sorry, but he's an IR spot waiting to happen, and just isn't worth it in any capacity.
  19. Big E

Big E Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +106 / 0 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    yeah, that's exactly what I was doing, just throwing his name out there. I was just trying to get some other people's opinions on him, not choosing him as the "1 free agent to help us."

My real pick would be Brad Smith if the Jets let him hit free agency. He could take James Jones' place if he leaves and would provide us the dynamic kick returner that we need.
  20. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +658 / 16 / -0
    outside linebacker or offensive lineman.