You play GB General manager, pick 1 free agent to help us..

OldSchoolFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok, time to play Ted Thompson. I know you don't pick up many free agents, but might take a shot at one who can help...

My best TT impersonation has me targeting Chad Greenway , OLB, Minnesota Vikings.

I watched him at Iowa, was hurt his rookie year, but is definitely the OLB we need opposite #52....what say you?

brett2520

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I pick neither and go with the surest free agent with no problems attached: CB Asomugha. He will come at a high price, but he and Woodson loved playing together in Oakland.

rawalabhay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would look for a KR/PR, don't know who is available! Tramon Williams is too valuable now and I don't think we have anybody else!

Packerfury

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Asomugha no doubt, he literally shuts down half the field every game. I think about him on the packers and I get chills. He blows revis out of the water. Nobody talks about him though... To have him AND woodson groom Shields, If Shields paid attention, he could really dominate.

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Albert Haynesworth :D LOL

that dude better only be coming to Green Bay either in the stands eating a hot dog or on another team....he stops on a Packers head, I'd hope that the rest of the team pile drives him

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Sydney Rice. DD is almost done, Jones is too inconsistent and hopefully overpaid elsewhere. Somebody to stretch the field for Jennings besides Finley.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My choice is Leon Washington. Explosive 3rd down back and premium returner.

I really wanted him last season. I think the only FA rb I clamored for. Just as a returner he would bring something new to the packers. But if we sign Jackson I dont know if there would be a huge reason to bring him in. Hope we do though.

Claymaker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Logan Mankins. As good as Asomugha is you gotta protect the franchise.

/thread

PackersATW

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You've got one on me. Last year I was so hoping that we got an impact offensive lineman but then we got Duke Preston. Yuk!!

YouFrgotPoland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sydney Rice. DD is almost done, Jones is too inconsistent and hopefully overpaid elsewhere. Somebody to stretch the field for Jennings besides Finley.

I think I'd rather have Percy Harvin than Sidney Rice. They are both awesome, but Percy is just ridiculous in the slot.

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is a really tough one. I'd have to go with Asomugha. He seems like the most likely allstar to join the Pack and that's STILL a long shot. He's the best fit candidate as well with Woodson moving to SS and Burnett sitting out. Jackson's hold out shenanigans is just that... shenanigans. And I can't see the Vikings NOT resign Sydney Rice. Harvin's still under contract.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You pay Rice to catch the horrible passes a horrible QB throws that only a receiver like Rice can catch.

does it result in winning any more games? doubtful. Look at AZ, ton of WR talent and no QB. what a waste.

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
does it result in winning any more games? doubtful. Look at AZ, ton of WR talent and no QB. what a waste.

I understand your rationale and actually agree with it. But still... I'm very confident MIN doesn't let him go. I will bet you a "like" when the decision comes.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hell no on Vincent Jackson. Dude is one screw up away from a year long suspension. Chargers can keep him.

Scrabble (Asomougha) would be a good pickup, but personally I would go with Larry Fitzgerald. I expect we'll lose James Jones to free agency, and Fitz would provide a TON of outstanding veteran leadership to guys like Nelson and Swain. Plus he's an absolute beast.

Members online

Latest posts