You know it's December when...

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
Favre wasn't having his best game either, and he did what he always does when his team is down. He tries to do too much, usually to the detriment of the team. He begins to believe his own gloss of being the ol' gunslinger. This is what always pissed me off about him when he played for the Packers. It wasn't that he was a pick machine. It was that his picks or fumbles are often the result of these reckless moves or passes at the worst possible time.

Good grief, what is wrong with a Packer fan relishing the Queens losing, especially on a Packer forum? And what mortal sin is it if we are gleeful if the starting QB of MN has a crappy game? Nobody here admonished anyone when we giggled about Cutler throwing picks left and right. Yeah, #4 played for us for all those years but he isn't a Packer anymore. He plays for a divisional rival! As long as he wears that hideous purple jersey I hope he falls on his face and I will cheer when he does.

These are the Two best posts in this thread. And pugger, thanks for bringing up Cutler's picks, they get me everytime.

Here's to the NFC North!

Go Pack Go!

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
So, do you need me to list EVERY Favre victory then? How many are there, 160 or something? So, you give me 10 and I counter with 160. Where does it end when you blame one man for the loss and give him all the credit for a win when there is no more of a team game than NFL football???

Don't you realize how faulty your logic is?

Hey, I love every single one of his victories when he was a Packer. But, when it came time to put up to go home....we went home too many times is all I'm saying. You can lay a lot of the blame at his feet for those catastrophic losses. Maybe some at the coaches who didn't keep him under control as said by others. I All I know is when we got into the playoffs, the time when everything really mattered, the dude stunk it up far too often!! FACT. Can't really argue it. Per wikipedia

Career playoff interceptions thrown: 28
Career playoff losses as starting QB: 10 (ten years of FAILS in big games!! Ugh!)

28 INTS in the playoffs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT BLOWS.

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good grief, what is wrong with a Packer fan relishing the Queens losing, especially on a Packer forum? And what mortal sin is it if we are gleeful if the starting QB of MN has a crappy game? Nobody here admonished anyone when we giggled about Cutler throwing picks left and right. Yeah, #4 played for us for all those years but he isn't a Packer anymore. He plays for a divisional rival! As long as he wears that hideous purple jersey I hope he falls on his face and I will cheer when he does.

Nicely said Pugger! You sir are a poet!

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score

Well Said. I agree 100%

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So, it's alright for Brent fans to blame Rodgers for Packers losses, but as soon as Packer fans point out where Faver screwed up in games, it wasn't his fault at all? This is really funny how bad Faver fans are trying to deflect any blame on Brent. Throwing a No-Look pass to Dansby and he doesn't have any blame?

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So, it's alright for Brent fans to blame Rodgers for Packers losses, but as soon as Packer fans point out where Faver screwed up in games, it wasn't his fault at all? This is really funny how bad Faver fans are trying to deflect any blame on Brent. Throwing a No-Look pass to Dansby and he doesn't have any blame?

I'm sure the Bent fans have an excuse...

Ted Thompson was sitting with the Bidwells in their luxury box, using his evil telekinetic superpowers, forcing the ball into Dansby's hands! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That evil Ted Thompson!!!

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score

Ted Thompson was sitting with the Bidwells in their luxury box, using his evil telekinetic superpowers, forcing the ball into Dansby's hands! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That evil Ted Thompson!!!

actually per wikipedia:

# of times TT did that in Playoffs: 28
# of times we lost because of it: 10

:jester:

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score

LOL that made me laugh.

AzPackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All I know is when we got into the playoffs, the time when everything really mattered, the dude stunk it up far too often!! FACT. Can't really argue it. Per wikipedia

Career playoff interceptions thrown: 28
Career playoff losses as starting QB: 10 (ten years of FAILS in big games!! Ugh!)

28 INTS in the playoffs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT BLOWS.

Not trying to split hairs here, but without him, I doubt if we would have ever reached 1/4 of those playoff games and doubt if we would have had a superbowl win, gotta take the good with the bad...now our team has moved on, hopefully for another 10 year run in the playoffs and a couple of Superbowl wins (someday).
:happy0005:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Not trying to split hairs here, but without him, I doubt if we would have ever reached 1/4 of those playoff games and doubt if we would have had a superbowl win, gotta take the good with the bad...now our team has moved on, hopefully for another 10 year run in the playoffs and a couple of Superbowl wins (someday).
:happy0005:

See that is an issue I have..

He is a VET a future HOF player and when its crunch time we needed him to play better than what he did

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You cite one game; ONE GAME?!?!? Are you kidding me?
How about a four year trend?

12 TDs and 30 INTs from 2005-08 in regular-season games played in December.

2008: 2 tds 8 ints rating 53.3
2007: 6 tds 5 ints rating 85.5
2006: 4 tds 8 ints rating: 62.2
2005: 0 tds 9 ints rating: 49.6

JeffQuery

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
What you don't understand Hauschild is that it's only a "Team Game" when Rodger's loses.....

When Favre's team loses...it's all on FAVRE.....

(You see, the Packers never lose or SUCK...it's always because of FAVRE)

JeffQuery

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
How about this trend....

Brett Favre propped up the Packers all those years to get sub-par teams to the playoffs....Once in the playoffs, those Packer TEAMS weren't up to the challenge. Favre covered up for how much those teams SUCKED..Case in point, Sherman's teams were never that good, and the moron TT was ALWAYS REBUILDING. (and still is)

It ain't gonna happen this year.

Favre's with a GOOD team, finally.

But by all means...keep believing your "trumped up myth" about Favre if it makes you feel better.

You all will be PROVEN wrong soon enough.

c_mac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Blaming one "person" or "thing" is what lightweights do. The sad thing is it prevents these people from ever solving problems because that would mean stepping back and taking a hard look at where the real issues lie. That's difficult, but that is what leadership is built on. It's far easier to stick yer head in the sand, after tossing somebody under the bus.

Interesting thought from a vikings fan. However, every one of us in here remembers post after post after post after after post where all you do is blast Aaron Rodgers for any Packer loss, who, by the way is only one "person".

Favre didn't play well against Arizona and played a huge role in the loss.
So either Favre is so good that he can overcome the shortcomings of his team and find a way to win or is he only as good as the team around him and if the team doesn't play well it doesn't matter how he plays. Can't have it both ways, *****.

LostnSpace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett's Post Seasons have been way OFF for Years

This has been taken from the "Cold Hard Football Facts":

Jan. 20, 2002
The reality: The Packers have a shot to reach the conference championship game for first time since the 1997 season if they beat Rams in the divisional round.
The Cheesehead fantasy: The 12-4 Packers were no match for the 14-2 Rams
The Cold, Hard Football Facts: The Rams edged out the 11-5 Eagles by just five points in the conference title game and lost to the 11-5 Patriots in the Super Bowl. The Packers easily could have beat the Rams if Favre had not thrown 6 picks – tying the single-game NFL record for postseason picks last matched by a passer back in 1955.

Jan. 4, 2003
The reality: The 12-4 Packers were again one of the best teams in football, playing at home against the tepid 9-6-1 Falcons.
The Cheesehead fantasy: Favre walks on water.
The Cold, Hard Football Facts: Favre sinks like a lead weight, reserving one of his worst performances of the year (20 of 42, 47.6%, 247 yards, 5.9 YPA, 1 TD, 2 INT, 54.4 rating) for when it matters most in a 27-7 loss. It was Green Bay's lowest offensive output of the season and the franchise’s first-ever home playoff loss.

Jan. 11, 2004
The reality: The Packers need to produce just one drive in overtime to beat the Eagles and then battle the Panthers for a chance to go to Super Bowl XXXVIII.
The Cheesehead fantasy: The Green Bay Favrers defense let Brett down when they surrendered a miracle 4th and 26 completion by Donovan McNabb in the fourth quarter, allowing the Eagles to tie the game.
The Cold, Hard Football Facts: On Green Bay's first play of overtime, Favre promptly tossed a bad pass into the hands of Eagles defender Brian Dawkins. McNabb quickly drove the offense into easy field goal range for the victory. The Favrers defense disappointed Brett by sacking McNabb a mere 8 times, while the Favrers ground game failed to hold up its end of the bargain with just 210 yards and a measly average of 5.7 YPA. Favre passed for 180 yards, one of his lowest outputs of the year.

Jan. 9, 2005
The reality: The 10-6 Packers draw a gimme, landing the 8-8 Vikings at home in the wildcard round.
The Cheesehead fantasy: Favre heals lepers.
The Cold, Hard Football Facts: Favre turns out a gruesomely disfiguring playoff performance (22 of 33, 66.7%, 216 yards, 6.5 YPA, 1 TD, 4 INT, 55.4 rating), as Packers suffer a humiliating 31-17 loss to one of the worst teams ever to reach the playoffs. Had the Seahawks not lost to the Rams just one day earlier, Favre would have been the first quarterback in history to lose a playoff game to a .500 team.

The 2005 season
The reality: The Packers suffer their first losing season in the Favre Era.
The Cheesehead fantasy: The Packers went 4-12 because Favre had no talent around him.
The Cold, Hard Football Facts: Eight times in the 2005 season, Favre took the field in the fourth quarter with his team in position to tie or take the lead and a chance for him to play the role of hero. In all eight games, he threw crushing interceptions that killed any hopes for victory. Favre’s 29 picks that year are the most thrown by any quarterback in the past 20 years.

The 2006 season
The reality: Packers climb back to respectability with an 8-8 record.
The Cheesehead fantasy: Favre helped the blind to see.
The Cold, Hard Football Facts: Favre had trouble focusing on the field, with a 72.7 passer rating that was among the worst in football that season. The list of quarterbacks with a better rating in 2006 included some of the most widely ridiculed passers in football: David Carr (82.1), Michael Vick (75.7), Alex Smith (74.8) & Rex Grossman (73.9)

Jan. 20, 2008
The reality: Packers were favored at home on one of the coldest nights in Lambeau Field history.
The Cheesehead fantasy: The Packers ran into a buzzsaw and lost to the eventual Super Bowl champs.
The Cold, Hard Football Facts: Favre, and the Packers offense, suffered one of the most colossal collapses in history. In the fourth quarter and overtime, Favre completed 4 of 10 passes for 32 yards with 2 INTs. Green Bay’s final four drives, with a Super Bowl appearance easily within their grasp, went for 0, 7, 0 and 2 yards. Favre’s final pick, on the second play of overtime, led directly to the Giants’ game-winning field goal.

No wonder Cheeseheads continue to cling to 1996 as if it were yesterday: the memories since then are too painful to bear.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre didn't play well against Arizona and played a huge role in the loss.

What you fail to grasp about NFL football is that in order for a QB to appear reasonably productive, 5 things are paramount:
-Pass Protection
-Run Blocking
-Competent Running
-Receivers Must Get Open Consistently
-Coaching Staff Needs To Install Effective Game Plans, Or Adjust

Again, don't read too much into a loss, on the road, out West. I can name one or two Packers teams within the past 15 years that were spanked out there, and those Cardinals teams were awful.

The biggest concern for Minnesota in the loss is losing Henderson. However, that doesn't really affect the powerful Minnesota offense. They've got tough opponents to face coming up - Cincy is stout on D and Carolina did have the number one ranked passing defense.

One thing we all know for certain and that is that if Minnesota is fortunate enough to face Green Bay at some point in the playoffs, there's gonna be an awful lot of tears in an awful lot of ya'll's cervezas.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
What you fail to grasp about NFL football is that in order for a QB to appear reasonably productive, 5 things are paramount:
-Pass Protection
-Run Blocking
-Competent Running
-Receivers Must Get Open Consistently
-Coaching Staff Needs To Install Effective Game Plans, Or Adjust

One might say that all 5 of those the Packers failed at during the 2 Viking games

JeffQuery

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
How about "TEAM SUCKAGE"...and a moron of a GM who likes young men, and constantly wants to REBUILD every year...? You forgot that one in your list.

Members online

Latest posts