You know it's December when...

DoubleC4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre throws two pics and the cowboys lose. What a great start to the month. Now all we need is a win, COME ON PACK!!!

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre throws two pics and the cowboys lose. What a great start to the month. Now all we need is a win, COME ON PACK!!!

If anybody is silly enough to believe that Favre somehow has some type of internal clock that shuts down at midnight on November 30th of EVERY year of his playing career - well, you've got some serious issues with intellectual capacity and sound reasoning. Think about it people. We're all reasonably gifted with enough intelligence to avoid being hoodwinked by people that get paid good money to keep ya'll ill-informed.

Minnesota was beaten by Arizona. It happens. Read more into that game at the expense of your own mental, well-being. You can contain an explosive offense for a game or two, but sooner or later, the law of averages releases its forces to bear.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Haus, I was a Packer Fan before Farve, and I am a Packer fan after Farve. And I watched every Packer game I possibly could. There IS something in Farve mental clock that does get wacky in Dec onward. He generally sucks in the playoffs and that is a FACT!! Maybe because the Defenses are better (obviously) but he has thrown away a lot of playoff games and potentially 1-2 more Championships on his Rocket/INT prone arm. You saw it yesterday against a good Defense that can pressure/confuse him and he'll toss it up for grabs a few times a game. Remember the '07 Dallas/GB game? Dallas was getting hellish pressure on Farve, and he just was HORRIBLE, didn't handle it well at all. Basically he got benched (although the official reason was a injured elbow). That game was on Nov 29th, not quite Dec 1st but close enough.

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Haus, I was a Packer Fan before Farve, and I am a Packer fan after Farve. And I watched every Packer game I possibly could. There IS something in Farve mental clock that does get wacky in Dec onward. He generally sucks in the playoffs and that is a FACT!! Maybe because the Defenses are better (obviously) but he has thrown away a lot of playoff games and potentially 1-2 more Championships on his Rocket/INT prone arm. You saw it yesterday against a good Defense that can pressure/confuse him and he'll toss it up for grabs a few times a game. Remember the '07 Dallas/GB game? Dallas was getting hellish pressure on Farve, and he just was HORRIBLE, didn't handle it well at all. Basically he got benched (although the official reason was a injured elbow). Although I think that games was more November if I remember.

lol i just think he is old and 40 years vs. 20 some year old defensive players might start taking its toll.

who cares about favre anymore well see what happens in the playoffs haha.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Haus, I was a Packer Fan before Farve, and I am a Packer fan after Farve. And I watched every Packer game I possibly could. There IS something in Farve mental clock that does get wacky in Dec onward. He generally sucks in the playoffs and that is a FACT!! Maybe because the Defenses are better (obviously) but he has thrown away a lot of playoff games and potentially 1-2 more Championships on his Rocket/INT prone arm. You saw it yesterday against a good Defense that can pressure/confuse him and he'll toss it up for grabs a few times a game. Remember the '07 Dallas/GB game? Dallas was getting hellish pressure on Farve, and he just was HORRIBLE, didn't handle it well at all. Basically he got benched (although the official reason was a injured elbow).

You cite one game; ONE GAME?!?!? Are you kidding me? I am supposed to bank on that theory with that evidence?

For every game you say Favre "chokes", I can counter with 10 instances in which he doesn't.

If you feel it is easier on your mental state to accept a bankrupt notion, feel free. Just don't expect a guy like me to validate this falsehood. I'm all about living in the real world, bereft of urban myths and Kool-Aid.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
You cite one game; ONE GAME?!?!? Are you kidding me? I am supposed to bank on that theory with that evidence?

For every game you say Favre "chokes", I can counter with 10 instances in which he doesn't.

If you feel it is easier on your mental state to accept a bankrupt notion, feel free. Just don't expect a guy like me to validate this falsehood. I'm all about living in the real world, bereft of urban myths and Kool-Aid.

Here's 10 more Farve collapses. Oh wait. I bet 10 isn't enough right?

America Loves Countdowns

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's 10 more Farve collapses. Oh wait. I bet 10 isn't enough right?

America Loves Countdowns

So, do you need me to list EVERY Favre victory then? How many are there, 160 or something? So, you give me 10 and I counter with 160. Where does it end when you blame one man for the loss and give him all the credit for a win when there is no more of a team game than NFL football???

Don't you realize how faulty your logic is?

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
So, do you need me to list EVERY Favre victory then? How many are there, 160 or something? So, you give me 10 and I counter with 160. Where does it end when you blame one man for the loss and give him all the credit for a win when there is no more of a team game than NFL football???

I don't see any Vikings fans blaming Brett for the loss. They are pretty much viewing it as a team loss and most are more upset over the loss of Henderson then the loss of the game. That means more in the long run of the season.

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Those 160 victories are very nice. Unfortunately when it's mattered most, Favre has stunk it up.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Those 160 victories are very nice. Unfortunately when it's mattered most, Favre has stunk it up.

Oh, you mean like the last two Vikings/Packers games, possibly the biggest games of his latter career???

I'm embarrassed for you.:shock:

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh, you mean like the last two Vikings/Packers games, possibly the biggest games of his latter career???

I'm embarrassed for you.:shock:

Mattered most...you don't understand what this means obviously. It means in the Playoffs. In the Playoffs, Favre sucks, plain and simple. If you really think those regular season games against the Packers matters most, then you are a fool. (They may matter to Favre and his ego, but to the rest of us, the playoffs matter most).

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I do agree that the Favre internal clock on playoffs is a bit farfetched, and I credit his meltdowns to the lack of reign over him.

But he did listed meltdowns, to which you responded with nothing...

WHY is debatable, but he DID fail in numerous circumstances, more than he made a difference, coming crunch time, that I can remember.

I do remember a lot of regular season games in which he almost single-handedly won a game, and one can make a case that without those wns we wouldn't even have reached the playoffs.

But postseason-wise, the numbers aren't good in his favor.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mattered most...you don't understand what this means obviously. It means in the Playoffs. In the Playoffs, Favre sucks, plain and simple. If you really think those regular season games against the Packers matters most, then you are a fool. (They may matter to Favre and his ego, but to the rest of us, the playoffs matter most).

A fool? No. Keenly aware? Yes.

"Mattered most" is a relative phrase, I guess. Call me old fashioned, but I'm fairly certain that by the time a guy becomes a professional, ALL games matter most. You think Favre prepares any more or less depending on the game? You think Favre "wants" a particular game any more than another, consistently? If you answered yes to the preceding, then it's obvious you have a negative bias against Brett Favre, which clouds your judgment and ability to soundly evaluate.

Blaming one "person" or "thing" is what lightweights do. The sad thing is it prevents these people from ever solving problems because that would mean stepping back and taking a hard look at where the real issues lie. That's difficult, but that is what leadership is built on. It's far easier to stick yer head in the sand, after tossing somebody under the bus.

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score

"Mattered most" is a relative phrase, I guess. Call me old fashioned, but I'm fairly certain that by the time a guy becomes a professional, ALL games matter most. You think Favre prepares any more or less depending on the game? You think Favre "wants" a particular game any more than another, consistently? If you answered yes to the preceding, then it's obvious you have a negative bias against Brett Favre, which clouds your judgment and ability to soundly evaluate.

Blaming one "person" or "thing" is what lightweights do. The sad thing is it prevents these people from ever solving problems because that would mean stepping back and taking a hard look at where the real issues lie. That's difficult, but that is what leadership is built on. It's far easier to stick yer head in the sand, after tossing somebody under the bus.

So under your logic, Favre is never at fault, it's only the ones around him? Favre can't do no wrong in your mind, right?

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do agree that the Favre internal clock on playoffs is a bit farfetched, and I credit his meltdowns to the lack of reign over him.

But he did listed meltdowns, to which you responded with nothing...

WHY is debatable, but he DID fail in numerous circumstances, more than he made a difference, coming crunch time, that I can remember.

I do remember a lot of regular season games in which he almost single-handedly won a game, and one can make a case that without those wns we wouldn't even have reached the playoffs.

But postseason-wise, the numbers aren't good in his favor.

Show me his post season numbers. Then, show the Packers stats from each game. Then, show me the players at the skill positions of each team Favre is guilty of "letting down"....it's a losing proposition for the "haters" crowd, no matter how you spin it.

Everybody "should" be very aware that playoff football is serious business. Teams that play well and win the Super Bowl are obviously playing the best football. Why is Tom Brady not accused of "melting down" when he was part of the losing end in the biggest upset in NFL history, not to mention it happened to be the Super Bowl??? What the haters do is take stats OUT OF CONTEXT. It actually should be a crime.

If anybody cares to be reasonable, I'm listening. :)

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So under your logic, Favre is never at fault, it's only the ones around him? Favre can't do no wrong in your mind, right?

Of course not. I told you guys I didn't care for his play against Pittsburgh this season. I'm simply not stupid enough to subscribe to a philosophy that uses stats to bolster a house-of-cards theory.

There are lies, damned lies and stats.

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I do not just blame Favre for losses. However, it is blatantly obvious that he made god awful plays that, usually game ending plays because of his erratic desicions. I would even hope that you can admit that.

You really think that Favre didn't want the 2 Packers games more than anything else this season? I highly doubt that. I don't try to make the case that he consistently chooses to want one game more than the other,but the fact is his play just dies when the end of the season and playoffs hit.

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Show me his post season numbers. Then, show the Packers stats from each game. Then, show me the players at the skill positions of each team Favre is guilty of "letting down"....it's a losing proposition for the "haters" crowd, no matter how you spin it.

Everybody "should" be very aware that playoff football is serious business. Teams that play well and win the Super Bowl are obviously playing the best football. Why is Tom Brady not accused of "melting down" when he was part of the losing end in the biggest upset in NFL history, not to mention it happened to be the Super Bowl??? What the haters do is take stats OUT OF CONTEXT. It actually should be a crime.

If anybody cares to be reasonable, I'm listening. :)

Tom Brady is considered a Big Game Quarterback mainly because he has 3 rings. Favre only has one, and has choked on numerous occasions, so isn't a Big Game QB in my mind.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tom Brady is considered a Big Game Quarterback mainly because he has 3 rings. Favre only has one, and has choked on numerous occasions, so isn't a Big Game QB in my mind.

So, Tom Brady won those Super Bowls by himself, yet he was only partially responsible for the biggest game collapse in the history of the NFL???

Shirley, you jest.

Ted's Zombie Army

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't get fans who follow the players instead of the teams. If you're a Packers fan, then you really no longer have to feel one way or another about Favre's performance. But if I were a Viking fan, then I'd be pissed at the way Favre stunk it up last night. But I'd be more pissed about the way AP, and Allen were not factors. You can split that blame between the coaches and those players.

Favre wasn't having his best game either, and he did what he always does when his team is down. He tries to do too much, usually to the detriment of the team. He begins to believe his own gloss of being the ol' gunslinger. This is what always pissed me off about him when he played for the Packers. It wasn't that he was a pick machine. It was that his picks or fumbles are often the result of these reckless moves or passes at the worst possible time.

Now you can defend that with "well he was just trying to win". But that's just more of the type of coddling that he gets from the media. And that's the *** kissing bs that I really hate.

Btw, why does Favre need a presser every week after the coach? Have you ever heard one of those things? Boring! The guy says nothing that you didn't already know. But there he is every week, sitting in front of that mike, working hard to dumb us all down.

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So, Tom Brady won those Super Bowls by himself, yet he was only partially responsible for the biggest game collapse in the history of the NFL???

Shirley, you jest.

Of course Tom Brady didn't win those Super Bowls by himself. It takes a team effort of course. Look, take Super Bowl XXXII for example. Favre had the ball in his hands with a chance to tie the game or win if we scored and went for a 2 point conversion. Favre didn't get the job done. You might wanna pin the blame on someone else other than Favre, but the fact is he didn't get the job done. Tom Brady in 3 Super Bowl games led his team down the field for a victory. So Tom Brady's postseason resume looks much more impressive than Favre's.

Yes he was partially responsible for that Super Bowl loss. However I'd take his 3-1 Super Bowl record over Favre's 1-1 anyday.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good grief, what is wrong with a Packer fan relishing the Queens losing, especially on a Packer forum? And what mortal sin is it if we are gleeful if the starting QB of MN has a crappy game? Nobody here admonished anyone when we giggled about Cutler throwing picks left and right. Yeah, #4 played for us for all those years but he isn't a Packer anymore. He plays for a divisional rival! As long as he wears that hideous purple jersey I hope he falls on his face and I will cheer when he does.

Members online

Latest posts