you know any bandwagon packer fans?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I work with one...

Up until this past weekend he didnt know who they would play much less who one..He didnt even know if the Packers beat the Vikings in GB this year..

Anyways..

He comes up to me on Monday all proud on how was blasting his Bear "friends" form his online game warcraft?

Anyways he is all happy that he can rub it in their face..Then proceeds to tell me how sweet it was since the Bears made the playoffs last 4 years in a row..And the Packers missed playoffs last year

:Arrgghh::icon_rolleyes:

I looked at him and just shook my head..

He is wondering why..so I said...Your not even a Packer fan and your going to bust the balls of Bear fans?

told him go learn some things about football and start by figuring out who made the playoffs and who didnt

So any of you have to deal with bandwagon fans?

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
not Packers bandwagon fans, but I know a Jets bandwagon fan, who is more of a baseball fan (mets) and he is very fake when he shows his "passion" for the jets, and honestly could care less they didn't go to the superbowl, but he'll have small moments talking about the jets like he's a big fan...kind of amusing

PackCrazed4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chicago Native on loan to Tallahassee, FL
Unfortunately yes. One of my best friends is a reasonably sports-savvy person, but has always been more of a college football fan than anything else. When I met her in my first year of high school, she had little care in the world about the NFL, but seemed to just cheer on the Bears when the moment warranted it as all lukewarm Chicagoans do. I, of course, as a Packer fan took joy sporting my various Packer jerseys at school when the Packers won and jawing with Bear fans time and time again. One day in our junior year she comes she says, "Sarah, I decided that since I really don't care about the Bears that I'm going to be a Packer fan." I just sort of looked at her like, "Say what?" I told her that you can't just be a fan, do you know anything about the Packers? She replied "not really" but was going to get more into them. As expected, the subject wasn't ever broached again and over the next couple years the whole concept seemed to be an afterthought.

Then after the Atlanta win, suddenly, the Facebook statuses started to fly. Tons of "Go Packers" comments and her liking everything I wrote about the Pack. Now, apparently, she's the biggest Packer fan ever and was giving all of our Bear fan friends a hard time and championing the Super Bowl.

It's childish, but she's a fan because I am, which is ridiculous and annoying considering the Packers are much more than just a team for me. I put up with a lot of Bears bullsh*t over the years and for someone to try and steal my glow of beating the Bears is NOT cool :p haha. "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery," it never feels like it.

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
I'm actually from Cortland NY where the Jets now have their training camp... the whole town is now Jets band wagoners. Makes me sick. Especially my parents, one of which is a PATRIOTS FAN!!! uggggh...

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
Unfortunately yes. One of my best friends is a reasonably sports-savvy person, but has always been more of a college football fan than anything else. When I met her in my first year of high school, she had little care in the world about the NFL, but seemed to just cheer on the Bears when the moment warranted it as all lukewarm Chicagoans do. I, of course, as a Packer fan took joy sporting my various Packer jerseys at school when the Packers won and jawing with Bear fans time and time again. One day in our junior year she comes she says, "Sarah, I decided that since I really don't care about the Bears that I'm going to be a Packer fan." I just sort of looked at her like, "Say what?" I told her that you can't just be a fan, do you know anything about the Packers? She replied "not really" but was going to get more into them. As expected, the subject wasn't ever broached again and over the next couple years the whole concept seemed to be an afterthought.

Then after the Atlanta win, suddenly, the Facebook statuses started to fly. Tons of "Go Packers" comments and her liking everything I wrote about the Pack. Now, apparently, she's the biggest Packer fan ever and was giving all of our Bear fan friends a hard time and championing the Super Bowl.

It's childish, but she's a fan because I am, which is ridiculous and annoying considering the Packers are much more than just a team for me. I put up with a lot of Bears bullsh*t over the years and for someone to try and steal my glow of beating the Bears is NOT cool :p haha. "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery," it never feels like it.

Eh, most of my friends from college are Bills fans (near Buffalo), but those that weren't big into football before meeting me are now Packer fans... Instead of bashing um, i welcome them! even got a cool "Packers heroes" series from netflix and watched it with them to educate them on the history.

PackCrazed4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chicago Native on loan to Tallahassee, FL
Eh, most of my friends from college are Bills fans (near Buffalo), but those that weren't big into football before meeting me are now Packer fans... Instead of bashing um, i welcome them! even got a cool "Packers heroes" series from netflix and watched it with them to educate them on the history.

That's probably the better approach, lol! Perhaps I get some sort of sick thrill out of being the lone Packer in a sea of navy and orange :p

CheeseHeadInCanada

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't personally know any, but I work up at a Jersey Store in Canada and all week pretty much leading up to the game "do you guys have any packers jerseys" it just got annoying,and I would try to talk to them about the Pack and 90% were bandwagoners. Same thing happened on monday, tons of calls about packers and steelers jerseys. One person called "Do you guys have any steelers jerseys? I'm like no we're all sold out. Then he's like "oh do you guys have any packers jerseys?" and I was like no, because the real fans got them before the playoffs started....

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
was in the gym the other night and some guy had a packers shirt on. so I starting chatting about the upcoming bears packers game. He said the packers were going to dominate. I asked him who he thought would win the other game. He asked me who was playing.

morningwood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, me. Actually, most Saints' fans that I know have been pulling for GB since ... well the great unpleasantness happened. A good part of it is who you played -- we hate everything about the Falcons and we hate Bears' fans.
But beyond that, most of us respected GB before those games. (Although there are one or two lunatics who hold a grudge for GB running up the score in 2005, which is kinda funny when you think the teams are totally different now).

We are not out buying GB gear, but I guarantee you that if you check our gameday thread all but a few will be pulling for GB.

It sucks that you guys were on the road when you won the NFCCG, but at least you have the pleasure of knowing Chicago fans got to witness it in person.

bubbahotep

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't know too many bandwagon fans, but I do get annoyed when people I don't know imply that I'm one. I was wearing packer gear in the 70's, and getting harassed by other kids in the neighborhood. Shuts them up real quick when you tell them what years they won NFL championships, whose numbers are retired, how many hall of famers they have, etc.

ThorMatthews

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pretty much all of my facebook friends
Ditto.
I don't know if its really "bandwagon-ing" though. I think it's more of these people just cheering for them than being "fans" though I have caught a few people on my Facebook saying: "The Packers are my 2nd favorite team." Yeah....bullsh*t.

I'm a San Diego, CA native. I lived most of my life just five minutes from Jack Murphy "Qualcomm" Stadium, and the Chargers training camp, which is within walking distance of the camp. Charger Cheerleaders would use out football field to practice with on the weekend mornings sometimes. Most of these kids are either Charger or Raider fans, most of them don't even know the significance of the name Lombardi.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was hard as hell to follow the Pack when I lived it SD. Its pretty damn weird to have most games start at 10 A.M. Good thing those were some down years....well except for the 4thd down fred ex conversion year.

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am up to my arm pits in shallow lame *** fair weather Vikings fans. Wont even acknowledge the team unless they are winning. Its pathetic!

There aren't many Packers fans, but the ones I know of show it year round.

A relatively new guy where i work is a huge Packer fan and has been a lot of fun to talk to this year. His name is Eric Nitschke and with a name like that you have to be a Packer fan! Says he is related to Ray Nitschke which I would have to believe as how many Nitschke's can there be?

I have never met a band wagon Packers fan, and I hope i never do!

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Anyone that was on chat during the falcons game , knew or rather felt my disgust with the bandwagoners.

I'm still undecided as to how to deal with them.. yah.. i'll say.. 'go pack go" With that much enthusiam,...but i've not responded to emails and texts that have come out of the woodwork...ESPECIALLY the ones that jump ship and went to the queens...ughhh

Zeck180

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When Brett Favre went to the Vikings suddenly of the only 24 Pack fans in our school 9 of them switched sides and became part of the 200+(our HS school had about 250) some Viking fans, saying but this year i guess (don't know graduated from school in 2010) some of them switched back to being Packers.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Anyone that was on chat during the falcons game , knew or rather felt my disgust with the bandwagoners.

I'm still undecided as to how to deal with them.. yah.. i'll say.. 'go pack go"With that much enthusiam,...but i've not responded to emails and texts that have come out of the woodwork...ESPECIALLY the ones that jump ship and went to the queens...ughhh

Most of those wont return until Ted is gone??

Big E

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My roommate hasn't really become a Packers fan, but this year he's become a huge Clay Matthews fan. He doesn't have a favorite team, but I heard him say to someone else, "My favorite NFL team is Clay Matthews." lol

bradwillrockyou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm surrounded by Seahawks fans here in Seattle (of course). They have great fans who stay loyal to their team but they still hate the Steelers for "winning" Superbowl XL so many of them are supporting Green Bay in this one! :aggressive:

arrimike

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would like to say that some of my friends are bandwagon fans because they live in Ohio and have no real connection with Wisconsin or the Packers, but they have stuck with them. So, I guess not. But I do know a bunch of Steeler bandwagon fans. Haha, doesn't everyone though. It is funny that back in high school (just a couple of years ago) everyone wore Bengals gear. Now on facebook, all I see are post about the Steelers being awesome. And it is not like they have been talking about them the whole year. They just started talking about them Sunday. WTF!?

CheeseHeadInCanada

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was hard as hell to follow the Pack when I lived it SD. Its pretty damn weird to have most games start at 10 A.M. Good thing those were some down years....well except for the 4thd down fred ex conversion year.

Yeah, I live on the west coast of Canada and the 10am games definitely suck. I mean, It's not as the bad as the people that stay up into the wee hours of the night but I mean it sucks at times.

SoCalPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pretty much everyone on Facebook but only some jumped on the Packer bandwagon because they hate the steelers.

Members online

Latest posts