1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

You Can Take The Kids To The Titans Game CHEAP!

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by vegOmatic, Aug 20, 2006.

1. vegOmatic

vegOmatic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I went to the Packers/Falcons game and stopped in the scalper pit just to see what the going market rate was. TWO HOURS before the game scalpers were selling tickets for $20 each. And you had tons of people in there holding up extras that they were trying to unload. So if someone is selling tickets for $20 each and two dozen sellers are standing behind that person, you just say who will take $15? Or $10?

So what I'm saying is, if you can make it to the Titans game on Sep. 1 and don't have tickets, no problem, just load up the station wagon and take the kids to a game at Lambeau Field! There will be games where you can't touch a ticket for less than $150 but you will have a prime opportunity for the Lambeau Field Game Experience if you go to this game. This is the perfect game for a little bonding with the offspring.

Go! Go to the game! Take the kids!

Can you tell I am beating my little drum? :D
  2. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Re: For Crying Out Loud, TAKE THE KIDS TO A PACKER GAME!!!

I won't bring my kids to football games (till my son is like 13) cuz I'm one of those jerks who swears a lot. When I went to soldier field everyone there was the same way, so yeah.

preseason is different though, its probably a lighter mood.
  3. vegOmatic

vegOmatic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I changed the title of the thread, maybe that will make it less of something, whatever that something is. Here I am telling people how they can get into a Packer game for pennies on the dollar and the topic gets only 45 views. I guess seeing "vegOmatic" as the topic starter is reason enough to skip the thread...?
  4. kmac

kmac Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My car is a piece of crap, and might not make it to GB *cries*
  5. dhpackr

dhpackr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i went to the game as well
    ppl were trading tickets for a can of beer
    a couple dudes had a bottle of old thompson whiskey and were trading tickets for cans of pepsi
  6. Schmitty

Schmitty Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Where is the scalper pit?
  7. oldpackerfan

oldpackerfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Isn't that game on Fri. and at 3:eek:o PM?
  8. vegOmatic

vegOmatic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The scalper pit is on Oneida in between the Resch Center and the Don Huston practice facility.

The game is Friday, 3:00, on a holiday weekend, which is going to keep people away, which is why tickets are going to be CHEAP! for those who can make it over.
  9. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Man it's been years since this has happened.
    Back in the70's when our whole crew went to every homegame, including Milwaukee there were times when people were around the stadiums giving tickets away. We always gave the people at least 5 bucks even if they didn't want the money.
    Veggie, thanks for the tip, I may just make the trip even though we are going to Green Bay shopping this weekend.
    The wife and kids will go shopping, I will be found in Curleys Pub.
  10. calicheesehead

calicheesehead Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sounds great...too bad round trip airfare for the clan will exceed $1200. Thus I will be going to Pismo Beach with the kids to camp and ride our Bikes/Quads! I will be proudly displaying my GB gear as always though. One of these days....I hope I don't go to my grave saying that, my dream is to experience the frozen tundra live in december. Thanks for the post.
  11. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I just saw the thread, so i can't say i ignored it.
    Like i said before, last season i got tickets to the last 2 games for $45 each. Which is under face value. Of course it was ONLY because the Pack was doing so poorly. Like Veg said, usually it is VERY expensive to go to a game. If you never went to one, go for it now BEFORE the Pac gets on a roll again where the prices once again become untouchable for "average" folks like me. I doubt i will EVER have a season like last year, where i got to see so many games. I got to go to 2 preseason games (one cause of 4pack, and one cause of Trippster) and i won 2 tickets to the Saints game, then went to the last 2 games. 5 games in one year..........before that i could litterally count the number of games i had been to in my entire LIFE on ONE hand.