Yep, sounds about right... Jenkins indicates he could be done for the year...

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unless we can get some kind of discount for him, I think he gets traded. No point in re-signing a guy to a huge contract who can't stay on the field, especially when we have Jolly and Mike Neal coming back next season.

He's a pretty good talent to have, but it seems like he misses an awful lot of time.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Neither Neal nor Jolly have an ounce of Jenkins' talent, so far.

Jenkins is just such a beast both against the run and against the pass. He's a really rare player, like Richard Seymour and Darnell Dockett.

IMHO we re-sign Jenkins before we do Bishop and Hawk.

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Jenkins gets placed on IR, does that make him ineligible for the pro bowl? I was thinking... if he gets a pro bowl selection, THEN he'll want even bigger money...

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jenkins won't make the Pro Bowl because he just doesn't get the respect that he deserves.
He's also had injury problems in 3 of the last 4 seasons, and now he's 30 or gonna be.
Even his brother Kris keeps getting hurt.

I think this latest injury, and he was untouched, will cost him a few million, and helps our chances to keep him.

Hawk will not make anywhere close to $10 million next season.
This past off-season, he was unwilling to take a paycut.

His tune might change next off-season, but here's what gives him a lot of leverage:
His availability.

Nick Barnett keeps getting hurt. Jones gets hurt. Zombo gets hurt. Poppinga is done.
Meanwhile, Hawk keeps suiting up and doing his job pretty well.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Yeah, as much as I want to say $10M to Hawk is crazy, when you actually look at the guys production this year, he's been playing at a very high level. yeah, he's not a pass rushing demon like Matthews, but he plays the run really well, and even seems to do better in pass coverage now. Still don't think he's worth $10M, but that's something for MM and TT to worry about.

RayNitschke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cullen Jenkins is a big time talent and should be a signing priority. His weakness, if any, is that he gets injured doing his job. Better to have a man play hard and sacrifice himself than keep one around who plays soft.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Unless we can get some kind of discount for him, I think he gets traded. No point in re-signing a guy to a huge contract who can't stay on the field, especially when we have Jolly and Mike Neal coming back next season.

He's a pretty good talent to have, but it seems like he misses an awful lot of time.
Isn't Jolly going to be a FA? I don't know if the Packers resign him with those kind of character flaws anyway.
I agree Neal is going to be a player. Good draft pick which alot of people criticized.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I've been watching Hawk like a hawk. He's played about a just above average pace so far. I know alot of us were hoping for a killer linebacker but he's certainly steady. Always on the job, makes a play here or there but never hurting you.
But 10 million? He'll take a pay cut because he knows he's not that kind of money player. If not, we have Bishop who's played much better than I expected. We all love him in preseason, maybe the reps he's getting now gets him to Hawk's play.
I'd love to see them sign Jenkins to a long term deal, but he does get injured and you have to find the time for the younger guys. I know injuries are something that can happen to anybody, but once you have them, they tend to reoccur, I don't think Mike Neal has an injury history. It's just MHO.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packers should get a deal done with Hawk just after the season that extends his contract and that reduces his pay next year while giving him a decent signing bonus. At the start of the season I didnt think we would keep him but now I could see us holding on to him for 3 more years.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Defensive end Cullen Jenkins, who missed Sunday’s game after re-pulling his troublesome left calf against San Francisco on Dec. 5, won’t play against the Patriots and “would be challenged” to play against the New York Giants on Dec. 26.

McCarthy suggested the best-case scenario would have Jenkins playing in the Jan. 2 regular-season finale against Chicago.

McCarthy also suggested that if the team intended to put Jenkins on season-ending injured reserve, it would have done so already.

540 ESPN Milwaukee

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Having a semi-healthy Cullen Jenkins against CHICAGO would be big...I think CM3's production slowing down is a direct effect of Cullen not being healthy

Members online

Latest posts