Years a Success! Or why I hate Da Bears so much........

Packerstud

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I started watching Packer football in 1968, with my older brother on a 12 inch black and white T.V. The Packers played half their home games at County Stadium in Milwaukee. A bus ride away from our house. My brother and I would go to the stadium to hang out and see the Packers in the parking lot, and sometime sneak in. We beat Oakland, 33-14, in the 2nd Super Bowl that year! Great memories!

The Packers pretty much sucked most of my younger years. In the 24 seasons from 1968 to 1991, the Packers had only five seasons with a winning record, one being the shortened 1982 strike season. It got so bad that beating Da Bears twice a year was considered a great year. I believe it was 1973, our record was 5-7, but we beat Da Bears twice! Great Year!

The Fans always hated each other. The coaches hated each other. The sports writers hated each other. The players hated each other, and it all showed up on the field when we played.

They use to played our games Dirty. Kicking, punching and even biting! Bloody brawls, with late, out of bounds hits. Martin's body slam of Mc Mahon putting Da Bears out of play off contention. Mike ****a running up the score on us on Monday night by putting the Fridge in on offense to run in for a TD. Lovie Smith in his 1st interview as Head Coach, " My #1 goal is to beat the Packers"!

Hate is a strong word. You have to understand the context I'm using it in.

In my Football World I HATE Da Bears! I DESPISE Da Bears! With my last breath, I spit at thee! I've always felt this way.

So for me, this NFC title is ranked #2 behind our Super Bowl win in 1996. To beat Da Bears in their home for the NFC Halas trophy was truly a very special and wonderful moment in my life.

No matter what happens in the Super Bowl, it's been a GREAT year!

Thank you Packers!

Members online

Latest posts