Yeah, whatever, Nick

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The great thing about knowing Nick Barnett since he was first introduced as the Packers' first-round draft pick in 2003 is that it's not hard to tell when he's serious and when he's just playing it cool.

So when he was asked basically if he'd like not only to beat the Seahawks but also to outshine the middle linebacker on the other sideline, Lofa Tatupu, as well as outside linebacker Julian Peterson, he delivered one boring, very un-Barnett-like speech.

"We look at this as an opportunity to move on to the NFC Championship Game," said Barnett. "Of course every player in this league wants to be noticed as one of the best in his position, but my emphasis is to make sure no guy catches the ball on me, make sure there's no missed tackles and that I'm playing with 110% effort."

Don't believe it. Barnett has had his sights on the Pro Bowl for the last two years. Other than a Super Bowl it has been his one driving source of motivation.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
And you know this how?

It is an opinion bud.. nothing more as noted by the word "believe", as a competitive person I would be. So I agree with the opinion, Barnett is probably a little miffed that he didn't make the Pro Bowl outright. However he did make 2nd team All Pro.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The great thing about knowing Nick Barnett since he was first introduced as the Packers' first-round draft pick in 2003 is that it's not hard to tell when he's serious and when he's just playing it cool.

So when he was asked basically if he'd like not only to beat the Seahawks but also to outshine the middle linebacker on the other sideline, Lofa Tatupu, as well as outside linebacker Julian Peterson, he delivered one boring, very un-Barnett-like speech.

"We look at this as an opportunity to move on to the NFC Championship Game," said Barnett. "Of course every player in this league wants to be noticed as one of the best in his position, but my emphasis is to make sure no guy catches the ball on me, make sure there's no missed tackles and that I'm playing with 110% effort."

Don't believe it. Barnett has had his sights on the Pro Bowl for the last two years. Other than a Super Bowl it has been his one driving source of motivation.

Wow! Nick sounds like a politician. When he turns 35, I'll write in Nick Barnett for my Presidential choice. :D

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
agopackgo4 said:
And you know this how?

It is an opinion bud.. nothing more as noted by the word "believe", as a competitive person I would be. So I agree with the opinion, Barnett is probably a little miffed that he didn't make the Pro Bowl outright. However he did make 2nd team All Pro.

And thats why she told us "Dont believe it" ? How does that work? how can you tell if he meant what he said or not? Cant we just take it at face value?

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sounds like Nick is focused on exactly the right thing, which is winning the ballgame. The playoffs are not the time to be shooting off your mouth and worrying about making the Pro Bowl.

favre2driver

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im glad that he puts his team accomplishments ahead of individual ones. If I felt I was Pro Bowl worthy, I would definetly play harder though you probably don't need any extra motivation now that we're in the playoffs.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts