OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
oh yea, here's the article :)

Packers Sign Bodiford, Release Francies
posted 09/24/2007

The Green Bay Packers on Monday signed WR Shaun Bodiford and released WR Chris Francies. Ted Thompson, Executive Vice President, General Manager and Director of Football Operations, made the announcement.

Bodiford (pronounced BAH-dee-ford), a 5-11, 186-pound player from Portland State, played in three games for the Packers in 2006 before being placed on injured reserve. The second-year pro played in all four preseason games for the Packers in 2007 and was on the Redskins' roster for the first two weeks of the regular season. He will wear No. 19.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I'm glad hes back because Mike or Ted expressed how hard of a decision it was to let him go and stated they didn't want to let him go. Plus, I think he's going to a little spark to the return game.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hes a super nice person, he didnt hesitate to give me his autograph and then when we asked him for a picture he squished me and my sister so hard we were all head to head..but hes great great!!! I also watched him in practice this year and he was good, I was surprised when they released him...glad hes back..

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:

And I thought Bruce posted this... dang... :)

Sorry I missed the Green thread... and posted another... :shock:
Hey.....I sure didn't care that you started another Green thread! I'm not the "Thread Police!" :lol:
"You have a right to remain silent.........maybe not the ABILITY, but the right!!!"
J/K!!!! :lol:

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hes a super nice person, he didnt hesitate to give me his autograph and then when we asked him for a picture he squished me and my sister so hard we were all head to head..but hes great great!!! I also watched him in practice this year and he was good, I was surprised when they released him...glad hes back..

Bodiford is the unnamed player with Heather here (couldn't remember his name when I posted them)

Packers Training Camp Photos

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score

posted 09/24/2007
He will wear No. 19.

Can you tell me why WR are now wearing jersey's with numbers in the "10's"? I thought they had to wear numbers in the "80's".

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:

posted 09/24/2007
He will wear No. 19.

Can you tell me why WR are now wearing jersey's with numbers in the "10's"? I thought they had to wear numbers in the "80's".

It all started with Keyshawn Johnson when he was with the Jets. They did not have anymore 80 numbers available therefore he was able to snag a number in the teens.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hated to see Bodiford get cut, although they had to do it under the circumstances. I'm glad they were able to get him back. Maybe it's destiny. The guy's got talent and a lot of heart. He may only be around until Koren Robinson comes back, though.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
more WR depth and another return man.

Get woodson outta there at PR, he scares me.

You gotta admit, though, Woodson did a darn good job with the punt returns on Sunday. A couple of them were not easy punts to handle, but he not only handled them, he made a few guys miss and picked up some yardage. If Bodiford can do what Woodson can do, put him in there by all means, but if not, Woodson's still the guy.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wpr said:
Zero2Cool said:

posted 09/24/2007
He will wear No. 19.

It all started with Keyshawn Johnson when he was with the Jets. They did not have anymore 80 numbers available therefore he was able to snag a number in the teens.

Thanks Z, I have noticed WR using the numbers since the 90's but I wasn't sure when the NFL allowed it. I thought at one time the player had to line up in on a wing like an H back.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yah the evolution of the tight end position means teams were carrying more 80-89 numbers so they decided to let recievers wear the numbers 10-19. As far as i know, Centres can wear 50-59 numbers too (ala Mike Flanagan).

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yah the evolution of the tight end position means teams were carrying more 80-89 numbers so they decided to let recievers wear the numbers 10-19. As far as i know, Centres can wear 50-59 numbers too (ala Mike Flanagan).

So this is my understanding of the numbering system:

0s--QB's, kickers, punters
10's--QB's, kickers, punters, some WR's
20s, 30s, 40s--DB's, RB's (including FB's)
50s--LBs, centers
60s, 70s--OL's, some DL's
80s--TE's, WR's
90s--DL's

There are some exceptions (e.g., LB Hunter Hillenmeyer of the Bears wearing #92), but for the most part it holds true.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:

So this is my understanding of the numbering system:

0s--QB's, kickers, punters
10's--QB's, kickers, punters, some WR's
20s, 30s, 40s--DB's, RB's (including FB's)
50s--LBs, centers
60s, 70s--OL's, some DL's
80s--TE's, WR's
90s--DL's

There are some exceptions (e.g., LB Hunter Hillenmeyer of the Bears wearing #92), but for the most part it holds true.

I was at Wikipedia last nite looking at something else. Wandered over to the football section and they say that LB's CAN were #'s in the 90's as well.
There break down is amlost the same as the one you listed here. At first I thought you just copied and pasted there info.

Here's their breakdown:
Uniform numbering
In the NFL, ranges of uniform numbers are reserved for certain positions:

1-19: Quarterbacks, wide receivers, kickers, and punters
20-49: Running backs and defensive backs
50-59: Centers and linebackers
60-79: Offensive and defensive linemen
80-89: Wide receivers and tight ends
90-99: Defensive linemen and linebackers

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i suppose when you get some hybrid players such as Chris Cooley there are some exceptions, the one that confuses me is Julian Peterson LB of the seahawks who wears number 44

Members online

Latest posts