1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Yankees and the Rocket...

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Pack93z, Jun 5, 2007.

1. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings Received:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    If you are the Yankees with the Rocket already showing signs of potential DL problems...

Do you cut ties with Clemens now while the contract isn't guaranteed or do you cross your fingers and hope he stays healthy?

Since I hate the Yanks... I hope they keep him on the payroll and he pitches like a sum total of 1 or 2 of games for his 28 million pro-rated contract. Would serve the Boss right :razz:
  2. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I hope the Yanks hold onto him and suffer in the end for paying him that kind of money for very little return.

I blame Steinbrenner for starting the big money ball rolling in pro sports.
  3. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    How true Yoop! He bought LOTS of championships with his deep pockets.
    Clemens is over the hill in my view. I think it was a desperation move.
  4. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    They gotta keep him.

Lord knows they have done terribly without him, they can't do much worse with him. If nothing else, he may bring a positive attitude, which this team seems to lack.

But to be honest, even being a Yankee fan, I have no interest in baseball overall this year. I've caught a couple of innings of the Yankee games shown on Fox on Saturday, but otherwise I don't know, I'm getting turned off on baseball as a whole.

Their game is just messed, and the thing with the cap is starting to piss the hell out of me. I want some competition, to see small teams at least have the opportunity to go after great players in Free Agency.

The way the current system is set up, I just think it is crap.

EDIT - Not to mention the steroid talk that seems to emerge every other day regarding one player or another. Pathetic.