Ya'll Feelin' Me Now???

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First, I need to tell you people that the seedings for the NFC playoffs have unfolded exactly as I had hoped they would - Minnesota avoids a potential match-up nightmare as long as New Orleans doesn't lose, which is VERY questionable at this point.

Anyhow - is anybody willing to put their ***** on the line and agree with me about how the NFL basically comes down to match-ups, when the rubber meets the road?

How many times did I tell you guys that Arizona CANNOT beat Green Bay? And, how many times have I told you people that Green Bay, while dominant on offense, lacks enough defense to stop Minnesota's offense more times than Minnesota's defense could not stop Green Bay's offense?

It seems like one of those aspects of the NFL nobody wants to ever really sink their teeth into and analyze - everything is records-based or what-have-you-done-for-me-lately based. It borders on criminal, really.

Years ago, I argued that Minnesota is the LUCKIEST NFL team in history during the regular season, and it appears they've pulled another one outta their rear ends because the current seedings couldn't have been paired any better for the Vikings.

Anyway - I was talking to some guys in the tavern this afternoon about how the NFL is more match-up crazy than I've ever seen it, and they begrudgingly agreed, so it's really something I am putting too much stock into, or I'm on the cutting edge of the NFL.

Whats say ya'll???

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you need to quit pretending your a packer fan and just go all purple.

I believe a lot of things are true on paper, but you still need to play the game.
I havent sold the Packers down the river for ONE player.
I think they will have thier work cut out for them. And better yet, I believe they can do it.
And if they cant I will still be a Packer fan not a player worshiper.

I will Not be like you:
Originally Posted by Hauschild
I can't help the fact that I find myself rooting for Brett Favre over the Packers

OP
OP
H

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You just NEVER shut up do you?

I bring this up because you guys argued against my theory earlier this season and today, the Cowboys beat Philly handily again and the Pack defeated the Cards handily again.

I am so intrigued by match-ups that I can hardly think of anything else lately. It never used to be like this - used to be in the NFL if you had the BEST team, you beat everybody. Now, you can have the best record, but it doesn't mean Jack **** if you're playing a team that matches up well with you.

I think if you guys ignore my theory, you run the risk of exposing yourself to a lot of pain down the line.

OP
OP
H

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you need to quit pretending your a packer fan and just go all purple.

I believe a lot of things are true on paper, but you still need to play the game.
I havent sold the Packers down the river for ONE player.
I think they will have thier work cut out for them. And better yet, I believe they can do it.
And if they cant I will still be a Packer fan not a player worshiper.

I will Not be like you:
I can't help the fact that I find myself rooting for Brett Favre over the Packers

You condescend in your post that somehow, because of your particular belief, you are better than I am. But, what I believe you fail to understand is that nobody really cares, ya know?

I put a lot of thought into dissecting this stuff, but all you provide me with is fluff - thoughts of little value or substance - which is fine, but don't shoot the messenger, OK?

OP
OP
H

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BELAY MY LAST ON THE PLAYOFF SEEDINGS!!!

Somebody just pointed out to me that NFL playoff brackets are DYNAMIC in that the brackets change according to seeding. So, the only way Minnesota gets to host Green Bay is if Philly beats Dallas next week, which is a better chance than Arizona beating Green Bay, but not much.

SORRY!!!

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You condescend in your post that somehow, because of your particular belief, you are better than I am.

LOL, no. That is not what I was doing. But who am I to argue with the way you feel.

Man your pathetic.

Seriously, player worship? I can cheer for a player for the Packers and remember what they did for the Packers fondly. But its about the Packers.

Please go be a shallow vikings fan. You will fit right in. :viksux:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I put a lot of thought into dissecting this stuff, but all you provide me with is fluff - thoughts of little value or substance - which is fine, but don't shoot the messenger, OK?

Sort of like when I posted all the figures of his cold December days vs pass defenses that were only AVERAGE or below average...

But now your whining that people dont take your post seriously?

You still havent produced evidence that GREAT pass defenses vs Brett was the cause of his "non December slumps"

So why not put up your proof or stop with your FLUFF?

The Drew

The Drew Cave
Reaction score
Look bro... you better hope the pack doesnt get by the cards... becuz the dikes better be afraid the the pack... I cant wait for the playoffs.... Pack are 7 out of 8 for the second half of this season...EVERONE BETTER FEAR THE PACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DoubleC4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett would be so freakin scared seeing Matthews flyin' at him!
i wish that was true but the last 2 times we have played them i think the closest we got to sacking brent was kampman touching his arm and ******** up his motion. hopefully we can get to him if we play them again

Pat4DaPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
both those games Clay wasn't what he is now. Before I think he came off the bench but now could easily be the Defensive Rookie of the Year!

OP
OP
H

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL, no. That is not what I was doing. But who am I to argue with the way you feel.

Man your pathetic.

Seriously, player worship? I can cheer for a player for the Packers and remember what they did for the Packers fondly. But its about the Packers.

Please go be a shallow vikings fan. You will fit right in. :viksux:

I have to laugh because what is the inherent difference between worshiping a player or an entity? Aren't both somewhat creepy in a sense???

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I think with Kampman gone, our defense is lightyears better than last time we played Minnesota.

I don't think we'd beat them, but I think it would be A LOT closer than you make it out to be. A true classic, a game that finally lives up to the hype.

OP
OP
H

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett would be so freakin scared seeing Matthews flyin' at him!

It defies logic to assume Green Bay would beat Minnesota because they've lost twice to them this season, and Minnesota is undefeated at home. It's possible, but you don't make hay on hopes-n-dreams.

OP
OP
H

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think with Kampman gone, our defense is lightyears better than last time we played Minnesota.

I don't think we'd beat them, but I think it would be A LOT closer than you make it out to be. A true classic, a game that finally lives up to the hype.

The secret ingredient of EVERY defense that's stopped Brett Favre [for FOUR quarters] - not simply slowed him down - is the ability to bring pressure WITHOUT the blitz. This is where Green Bay comes up short and why Brett Favre owns Capers' led defenses.

Brett Favre will be at least CO-MVP and could beat the blitz in his sleep.

OP
OP
H

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They will not beat us 3 times in one year, enough said.

Which also defies the truth. I believe it was reported in several of our threads that 18 times - the number of teams that have been swept and swept - teams have met in the post-season with the team that swept winning the THIRD game 11 times out of the 18.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
The secret ingredient of EVERY defense that's stopped Brett Favre [for FOUR quarters] - not simply slowed him down - is the ability to bring pressure WITHOUT the blitz. This is where Green Bay comes up short and why Brett Favre owns Capers' led defenses.

Brett Favre will be at least CO-MVP and could beat the blitz in his sleep.
I would agree with that. Even in the Chicago game that they lost, I noticed that in the second half he'd burn them every time they blitzed. The only time they were effective was when Harris or any of his linemates would get to him.

I just think we're better equipped to keep it close if we play them again. If we can keep AD in check like we have both times this year, I think we'd be fine because then the gameplan becomes similar to the gameplan on how to beat Arizona.

The problem is that I think another Minnesota game results in Capers concentrating all his efforts on Favre and then Peterson runs for 150 and 2 scores.

It's like I said, I don't think we would win, but I think it would be closer.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It defies logic to assume Green Bay would beat Minnesota because they've lost twice to them this season, and Minnesota is undefeated at home. It's possible, but you don't make hay on hopes-n-dreams.

Which also defies the truth. I believe it was reported in several of our threads that 18 times - the number of teams that have been swept and swept - teams have met in the post-season with the team that swept winning the THIRD game 11 times out of the 18.
If you want to look at wins by going by history, then you should also look at the other side of the coin.

Burnt has yet to produce winning post-seasons.
True, he has won a number of playoff games. But lose just one and it's bye-bye SB.
And that's what really counts.
So if we're going by history, the trend is for Burt to lose either in the playoffs or even in the SB.

Overhyped: Favre didn't deliver in second half of career - NFL - ESPN
Best-Ever Debate
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

In his 17 seasons, Brett Favre set numerous NFL records, including most yards passing (61,655) and most touchdowns (442).

But do those numbers, combined with Favre's three MVP awards and one Super Bowl victory, put him among the top 10 quarterbacks of all time?

Recently, ESPN.com's Mike Sando and Football Outsiders' Aaron Schatz examined the best-ever debate.

Yes, Favre played long enough to throw the most touchdown passes and collect the most wins by an NFL quarterback. But let's examine the second half of No. 4's career. The truth is, Favre did little over the past decade to earn the gushing praise heaped upon him by our fawning brethren in the media.
After beating the San Francisco 49ers in the 1997 NFC Championship Game, Favre won just three of his last 10 playoff games. Eli Manning had more postseason wins in a 29-day span this past season than Favre had in his last decade with the Green Bay Packers.

Yes, Favre won a Super Bowl -- 11 years ago! But as his career arc spiraled downward, the blind adulation only got worse.
Favre's passer rating in his last 12 postseason games was a pedestrian 77.8. In his last five wild-card games, he went 2-3 with more interceptions (nine) than touchdown passes (seven). In his last three divisional playoff games, he went 1-2 with seven TDs and seven interceptions. That's a 3-5 record with 14 touchdown passes and 16 picks.
Favre isn't even the greatest quarterback in the history of the Packers. It's not even close. Bart Starr won five NFL championships -- four more than Favre -- and retired as the NFL's most accurate passer.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, Favre won a Super Bowl -- 11 years ago! But as his career arc spiraled downward, the blind adulation only got worse.
Favre's passer rating in his last 12 postseason games was a pedestrian 77.8. In his last five wild-card games, he went 2-3 with more interceptions (nine) than touchdown passes (seven). In his last three divisional playoff games, he went 1-2 with seven TDs and seven interceptions. That's a 3-5 record with 14 touchdown passes and 16 picks.
Favre isn't even the greatest quarterback in the history of the Packers. It's not even close. Bart Starr won five NFL championships -- four more than Favre -- and retired as the NFL's most accurate passer.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..

When the losses come up its because he didnt have a rushing game or the D didnt get any sacks..but when its a win its all Brett

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have to laugh because what is the inherent difference between worshiping a player or an entity? Aren't both somewhat creepy in a sense???

Both would be creepy yes. If I worshiped the packers I would say that is fair to say.

But I dont.

I am a huge fan of the Packers and those who play for them. But I would never turn my back on them to follow a player who plays for one of thier biggest rivals. The only way I can see someone doing that is if they worshipped that player.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Sort of like when I posted all the figures of his cold December days vs pass defenses that were only AVERAGE or below average...

But now your whining that people dont take your post seriously?

You still havent produced evidence that GREAT pass defenses vs Brett was the cause of his "non December slumps"

So why not put up your proof or stop with your FLUFF?

I love how he avoids this for the last few days..Wont say hey...I just cant give you that info

Just avoids it..

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So here it is, the end of the season and the Favre lovers are trying to push this guy back into our heads. Why? Because we are already starting to forget him because our own QB is breaking records at a faster pace than Favre ever did and we all know that Rodgers will probably be greater or if not as great as Favre.

Latest posts