WTF game is Brett playing???

Reaction score
Someone should've told Brett that a TD, no matter how long it is, is still only 6 points.

Greg Jennings was WIDE open running across, but bonehead Brett showed up and decided to throw deep into double coverage.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Evil Favre showed up tonight.

This happens sometimes. It's been a rarity this year, but it's happening tonight. Sometimes he just feels he has to force ****, and....its stupid and costly. This is that game. If he does this in the playoffs....we wont win 1 playoff game.

hopefully it doesnt. :)

DarkaneRules

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah but I still don't feel like all is lost. I think the team can regroup in half time. Maybe I am just too optimistic sometimes haha.

Rios39

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Optimism is good. Sometimes I'm too realistic. You know we are a stop away from getting back into this but stopping Dallas is almost impossible.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
Someone should've told Brett that a TD, no matter how long it is, is still only 6 points.

Greg Jennings was WIDE open running across, but bonehead Brett showed up and decided to throw deep into double coverage.

Bonehead Brett??? I dont think so, he is just having an off night.

Reaction score

I have to disagree.

An off night was the game against the Redskins.

Being stupid is realizing your best WR is being double teamed deep, with one of your playmakers (Greg Jennings) running wide open across on an underneath route, yet still trying to force a throw.

Driver is a great WR, but Jennings is a playmaker. If he is wide open you throw him the ball, not someone who is double covered.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I have to disagree.

An off night was the game against the Redskins.

Being stupid is realizing your best WR is being double teamed deep, with one of your playmakers (Greg Jennings) running wide open across on an underneath route, yet still trying to force a throw.

I cant believe it!!! Favre has one bad night and some of you are all over him. Just remember we didnt get to 10-1 without Favre. It was FAvre that got us there. Are you perfect at what you do 24 hours a day? I dont think so. Okay done with my ranting..sorry.

Driver is a great WR, but Jennings is a playmaker. If he is wide open you throw him the ball, not someone who is double covered.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The old Brett showed up tonight and that is the guy who tries to make something out of notbing. He made mistake upon mistake tonight. As great as he is when he does things in control, he's also equally bad when he plays out of control. I'm not gonna blame him for this loss, but he had a significant part in it.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The old Brett and the new Brett are the same person. I loved the one Brett to...gosh you guys really rip him apart, its only one game for petes sake...okay done speaking now...

Reaction score
The old Brett and the new Brett are the same person. I loved the one Brett to...gosh you guys really rip him apart, its only one game for petes sake...okay done speaking now...

Heather, we aren't saying to bench Brett, but we are saying that Brett is a 14+ year vet, he needs to be better in his decision making.

This offense relies on good decision making. Brett has proven he is capable of that.

There was nothing stopping him from making good decisions tonight, except Brett's bad side which tells him to throw the pass deep, and pray something happens.

Those 14 points of Brett's 2 INTs really hurt.

But that is FAR from the reason we lost. There are so many other reasons, but Brett played his part (unfortunately) in this loss.

I do not doubt Brett will comeback (hopefully his injury isn't too serious) and do what he has done for most of this season, play lights out.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Brett has been playing like an MVP until tonight. Until tonight he played in control for the most part. Tonight he played out of control. It's that simple

We didn't lose the game because of Brett however, we lost the game because our defense didn't play well.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre played exactly like he did in 2005. It was weird. The pass protection was awful, and maybe the playcalling too (I don't know if all those deep throws were McCarthy's idea or Favre's), but he was trying to do too much out there, holding onto the ball too long and throwing into double coverage. I hope he is healthy and back to normal for next week's game.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First time we've been behind significantly and Bret reverted to his get it all back in one throw ways tonight. I hope that MM settles him down before we face Oakland.