WR position

gado35

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ok, i wanted to know who you guys would bring in to help out at WR. we can no longer get owens and we cant get Keyshawn either...any ideas who the packers are looking at?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well WR was weak in free agency from the get-go

Gardner, in a lot of free agent lists, was a top 5 FA WR!

And we got him...

David Boston is the only real WR left, and hes very risky\headcasey.

after that, the list goes down to guys like...Dez White...who should be in arena league. lol!

So, street FAs, and draft picks will be our WRs

Walker\Driver\Gardner is a great 1-2-3 though.

in my opinion.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Walker's situation is a bit on the volatile side. regardless of his contractual obligation to us, malcontents can really F up a locker room. i think we should operate as if he's not suiting up..

i wish the WR market had a little more to offer for the time being. where did Keyshawn go again?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
key is with the panthers! to compliment Smith...that could be money...if key is cool.

Toronto_Cheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard Keyshawn signed in Carolina.

I think the Packers will address wideout at some point during the draft. If they trade down from 5 into the middle part of the first round then maybe they might look at a guy like Santanio Holmes or Chad Jackson. If they stay at 5 then I wouldn't mind a guy like Maurice Stovall in the middle rounds. He's a really big target, and the new coaching staff likes big targets.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Boy I would like to see a good signing at WR. Now that the running game is starting to look good I really think this should be one of the next areas of serious focus.

carlos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They could take TE Vernon Davis with their top pick(I don't think they will) and he could play wide receiver and TE.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
carlos said:
They could take TE Vernon Davis with their top pick(I don't think they will) and he could play wide receiver and TE.

We have Ben Taylor, Ryan Pickett added on defense...add one more signing and I'd consider Vernon Davis...you have to consider what's going to be here for Aaron Rodgers, Favre can make any reciever a target but Rodgers will need some weapons when he happens to take over

gopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
THe thing is Javon would play for us, but I dont really want a guy like that around the team. We obviously need a deep threat and there arent any we have exvept Walker. We probably couldnt get a 1st round pick for him. So do we trade down or do we take veron at 5?

chibiabos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Toronto_Cheesehead said:
I heard Keyshawn signed in Carolina.

I think the Packers will address wideout at some point during the draft. If they trade down from 5 into the middle part of the first round then maybe they might look at a guy like Santanio Holmes or Chad Jackson. If they stay at 5 then I wouldn't mind a guy like Maurice Stovall in the middle rounds. He's a really big target, and the new coaching staff likes big targets.

Holmes is too small and Jackson really doesn't have the height either; now Stovall is 6-5 and 222 lbs and presently ranked 50th on the scout listings could be an answer, but he may not have the top speed. :D Is Murphy done in football?

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everybody seems to forget that it takes any wide receiver at least 2, most of the time 3 years to become effective in the WCO.

Help "for this coming year"will not come through the draft.
I read a quote from Robert Ferguson about being in GB for the workouts with the rest of the team, maybe just maybe he gets back on track this year.

That would give Brett DD,Ferguson, and Gardner as his top three targets, I am not counting on Javon to be back.

Gardner was a 1st rnd pick that hasn't played up to his potential, but he hasn't ever had Brett Favre throwing to him for a full year.

DD will be there as he always has been, doing whatever the team needs him to do.

The Backfield is back together, The Tight Ends remain the same, if Gardner and Ferguson can raise up their personal performances a notch or two, I can see the offense being just as lethal as a couple of years back.

Javon, get your head out of your a--, wake up and realize you will never be any better then you are right now with Brett Favre throwing you the ball.

Packer fans are the forgiving type, swallow your pride one time Javon, apologize for what you said and come back and show us all you are as good as you say you are.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Although the packers have a pretty solid offense you are forgetting probably the most important thing the o-line right now the packers remain unguarded at guard and with wells supposly going to make a run at the starting center doesnt seem bad but we really need some guards otherwise or offense and our running game is going to suffer sadly

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LG more specifically.

there is talk about moving tauscher to RG and Barry to RT.

but nothing has been done at left side.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im happy the pack re-signed kevin barry he has been used in the u-71 package and done a good job and hopefully with the second pick the pack could draft max jean-gilles a guard from georgia he is big at 6-4 340 pounds and i think he could help out the pack at gaurd hopefully he will still be available at that time

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
gopackgo4 said:
THe thing is Javon would play for us, but I dont really want a guy like that around the team. We obviously need a deep threat and there arent any we have exvept Walker. We probably couldnt get a 1st round pick for him. So do we trade down or do we take veron at 5?

javon walker is not going to play for the packers again. if we don't get rid of him, he's not going to be our deep threat for other teams. he'll be the biggest threat to having any success next year. it's true, one person doesn't MAKE a football team, but one man CAN destroy it.

gopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He would play, look at last year. these guys have big mouths and talk but when it come down to it they will play because they get payed.

Latest posts