1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

WR position

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by gado35, Mar 26, 2006.

1. gado35

gado35 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ok, i wanted to know who you guys would bring in to help out at WR. we can no longer get owens and we cant get Keyshawn either...any ideas who the packers are looking at?
  2. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    well WR was weak in free agency from the get-go

Gardner, in a lot of free agent lists, was a top 5 FA WR!

And we got him...

David Boston is the only real WR left, and hes very risky\headcasey.

after that, the list goes down to guys like...Dez White...who should be in arena league. lol!

So, street FAs, and draft picks will be our WRs

Walker\Driver\Gardner is a great 1-2-3 though.

in my opinion.
  3. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Walker's situation is a bit on the volatile side. regardless of his contractual obligation to us, malcontents can really F up a locker room. i think we should operate as if he's not suiting up..

i wish the WR market had a little more to offer for the time being. where did Keyshawn go again?
  4. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    key is with the panthers! to compliment Smith...that could be money...if key is cool.
  5. Toronto_Cheesehead

Toronto_Cheesehead Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I heard Keyshawn signed in Carolina.

I think the Packers will address wideout at some point during the draft. If they trade down from 5 into the middle part of the first round then maybe they might look at a guy like Santanio Holmes or Chad Jackson. If they stay at 5 then I wouldn't mind a guy like Maurice Stovall in the middle rounds. He's a really big target, and the new coaching staff likes big targets.
  6. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    new coaching staff = loves big WR

more importantly..

Brett = Loves big Wr
  7. WinnipegPackFan

WinnipegPackFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Boy I would like to see a good signing at WR. Now that the running game is starting to look good I really think this should be one of the next areas of serious focus.
  8. carlos

carlos Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    They could take TE Vernon Davis with their top pick(I don't think they will) and he could play wide receiver and TE.
  9. packman31

packman31 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    how about Molds from Buffalo???
  10. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    forget moulds, he will NEVER ever be a packer, that is because he is a headcase.
  11. HatestheEagles084

HatestheEagles084 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    We have Ben Taylor, Ryan Pickett added on defense...add one more signing and I'd consider Vernon Davis...you have to consider what's going to be here for Aaron Rodgers, Favre can make any reciever a target but Rodgers will need some weapons when he happens to take over
  12. gopackgo4

gopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    THe thing is Javon would play for us, but I dont really want a guy like that around the team. We obviously need a deep threat and there arent any we have exvept Walker. We probably couldnt get a 1st round pick for him. So do we trade down or do we take veron at 5?
  13. chibiabos

chibiabos Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Holmes is too small and Jackson really doesn't have the height either; now Stovall is 6-5 and 222 lbs and presently ranked 50th on the scout listings could be an answer, but he may not have the top speed. :D Is Murphy done in football?
  14. gopackgo4

gopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Johnathon orr is big and fast.
  15. Buckeyepackfan

Buckeyepackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Everybody seems to forget that it takes any wide receiver at least 2, most of the time 3 years to become effective in the WCO.

Help "for this coming year"will not come through the draft.
    I read a quote from Robert Ferguson about being in GB for the workouts with the rest of the team, maybe just maybe he gets back on track this year.

That would give Brett DD,Ferguson, and Gardner as his top three targets, I am not counting on Javon to be back.

Gardner was a 1st rnd pick that hasn't played up to his potential, but he hasn't ever had Brett Favre throwing to him for a full year.

DD will be there as he always has been, doing whatever the team needs him to do.

The Backfield is back together, The Tight Ends remain the same, if Gardner and Ferguson can raise up their personal performances a notch or two, I can see the offense being just as lethal as a couple of years back.

Javon, get your head out of your a--, wake up and realize you will never be any better then you are right now with Brett Favre throwing you the ball.

Packer fans are the forgiving type, swallow your pride one time Javon, apologize for what you said and come back and show us all you are as good as you say you are.
  16. PackerLegend

PackerLegend Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Although the packers have a pretty solid offense you are forgetting probably the most important thing the o-line right now the packers remain unguarded at guard and with wells supposly going to make a run at the starting center doesnt seem bad but we really need some guards otherwise or offense and our running game is going to suffer sadly
  17. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    LG more specifically.

there is talk about moving tauscher to RG and Barry to RT.

but nothing has been done at left side.
  18. PackerLegend

PackerLegend Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Im happy the pack re-signed kevin barry he has been used in the u-71 package and done a good job and hopefully with the second pick the pack could draft max jean-gilles a guard from georgia he is big at 6-4 340 pounds and i think he could help out the pack at gaurd hopefully he will still be available at that time
  19. chibiabos

chibiabos Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    8) Tro you are forgetting Junius Costen.
  20. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +627 / 6 / -0
    javon walker is not going to play for the packers again. if we don't get rid of him, he's not going to be our deep threat for other teams. he'll be the biggest threat to having any success next year. it's true, one person doesn't MAKE a football team, but one man CAN destroy it.
  21. gopackgo4

gopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    He would play, look at last year. these guys have big mouths and talk but when it come down to it they will play because they get payed.
  22. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    :)
  23. JeezusJuice

JeezusJuice Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0