Wow..some very interesting comments..

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
What in the hell would you want a 40 yr old QB to run the ball? He has a great O-line and the best RB on the planet so his lack of mobility does not bother me at all

LOL you are just a noodle head

you asked a simple question I gave you the answer

there is no real reason to make a 50 word post defeding why he isnt as mobile

Not saying he has to run
Not saying is a bad thing he cant run
Not saying he sucks cuz he cant run
Not saying he cant win the MVP cuz he cant run
Not saying they cant win the SB cuz he cant run

Just saying Rodgers runs better, cuz YOU asked what does Rodgers do better

Great googly moogly

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL Yeah I am sure every team in the NFL would rather have A-Rod leading their team as a Playoff ****** than Brett Favre with level he is playing right now. Seriously the packers would be in better shape for the present( not future )with Brett Favre. 2 years ago your team was in the NFC championship game with Brett Favre. Since you have done little With Aaron Rodgers and you cannot dispute that. Favre is haveing one of his best years and the Pack would have a better record than 4-4 IMO

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL Yeah I am sure every team in the NFL would rather have A-Rod leading their team as a Playoff ****** than Brett Favre with level he is playing right now. Seriously the packers would be in better shape for the present( not future )with Brett Favre. 2 years ago your team was in the NFC championship game with Brett Favre. Since you have done little With Aaron Rodgers and you cannot dispute that. Favre is haveing one of his best years and the Pack would have a better record than 4-4 IMO
I'm pretty sure you can comprehend this. All that was said is that Rodgers has some aspects of his game that are better than Favre, namely mobility, downfield accuracy and arm strenght. All of which were proven in here. Nothing more, nothing less. We weren't discussing who's better. I don't know why you don't get this...

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh I get it you have backed way off from your original talk of Rodgers being better than Brett Favre and now are trying to redirect this thread for you to claim Victory.

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure you can comprehend this. All that was said is that Rodgers has some aspects of his game that are better than Favre, namely mobility, downfield accuracy and arm strenght. All of which were proven in here. Nothing more, nothing less. We weren't discussing who's better. I don't know why you don't get this...

What we are discussing is the apparent lack of overall progress ... and how it may or may not affect how the performance of the offensive line is perceived ... And the fact that most people claim that because of the poor play of the offensive line is the major and main reason why Rodgers is being sacked so often as he has been over these past 8 games ...

Most posters on these boards blame the offensive line, and claims that the Packers as well as Rodgers would have won more games and been sacked way less if the offensive line was better ... or wasn't playing as (seemingly) poorly ...

*That* is the notion I'm contending ... - Once gain, I *reiterate* ... Rodgers isn't solely to blame for all the sacks, but as I see it, he can be blamed almost directly for about half of the sacks that has been sustained currently ...

And has more downfield accuracy and arm strenght...

Armstrength - Yes ... However I don't agree on Downfield Accuracy ... - If his down field accuracy was "better" ... - He would be able to make way more plays down field than he has been able to so far ... In fact I would say those occasions where Rodgers had to actually show this accuracy downfield, he has failed more than succeeded so far ... Because if this accuracy was so good, why does he hold on to the ball so long waiting for the receiver to *get open*, rather than throw the ball (accurately) and throw the receiver open ?

Mobility ... Well that is rather ambigious at best ... - If we determine mobility in terms of sheer athletism and ability to run the ball (speed), then Yes, - That is another aspect where Rodgers excell, - But when his scrambling becomes a liability ... - In terms of scrambling outside the pocket and still taking the sack, then I would say this "mobility" isn't better ...

- In fact I would say, based on last seasons games and these 8 games so far in this season, that once outside the pocket it becomes more of a gamble with Rodgers, rather than an actual advantage, because of Rodgers decision making ... - Rodgers stats outside the pocket isn't nearly as good as when he actually stays inside the pocket ...

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh I get it you have backed way off from your original talk of Rodgers being better than Brett Favre and now are trying to redirect this thread for you to claim Victory.
SHOW ME WERE!

Predictions are predictions... Rodgers could very well develop a permanent happy feet as result of the beating he has taken, as well as never be able to trully master reading defenses, and utilizing more properly the checkdown receiver.

However, so far he has shown to me that he has all the tools and the mentality to be a great pro bowler QB in the near future.

And I don't think anyone was saying that Rodgers would be better than Favre, or was saying that he is already better than Favre. Well, some aspects of his game are better than Favre, but that's due to the age difference. Meanwhile, other aspects of Favre, as reading defenses and reacting quickier are also due to age difference.

I don't think both will be comparable, given that someday they'll be, until both of them end their carrer, or at least until Favre is retired for some time and Rodgers is in his 32, 33...

Of course, for some, Rodgers is the Devil, will never even come close to Favre, and should ROTT IN HELL YOU BASTARD!!! YOU KICKED MY LOVE, ER, QB OUT OF GREEN BAY! DIE, LOSER, DIE!! MWUAHAHAHAHAH...

SHOW ME WERE I SAID THAT RODGERS IS BETTER THAN FAVRE!

I even put it in Green so you can read it better.

Bunch of crap... Why do you insist on something you know it's not true???

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Cuz he is just trying to have some fun....

Why else would he try to be an instigator when his question was answered

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i haven't seen a receiver outrun one of Favre's throws yet and I would bet Favre has more Zip on the ball than Aaron Rodgers. he throws a tighter ball as well. So tell me about his downfield accurecy because it was The Packers that have been way behind and had to go long to get back in the games. Do you agree with that? Favre is staying within his offense which has not been in a frantic comeback but 3 times this year and are 2-1 in those games.

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do you remember the Vikings were way ahead in both games and rodgers had to toss the ball alot when favre threw one pass in the 4th qtr of game 1. Before that pass he was at 81% comp. rate for the game so just because you had to throw the ball does not mean his numbers are better.Game 2 were comparitive stats as favre threw less again because of another big lead. We have a running game in Minnesota and Brett does not have to air it out as much.

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
i haven't seen a receiver outrun one of Favre's throws yet and I would bet Favre has more Zip on the ball than Aaron Rodgers. he throws a tighter ball as well. So tell me about his downfield accurecy because it was The Packers that have been way behind and had to go long to get back in the games. Do you agree with that? Favre is staying within his offense which has not been in a frantic comeback but 3 times this year and are 2-1 in those games.

We've already been debating this ad nauseum ... I doubt anyone is contesting this at this point ... - However what we are debating currently is the overall play of the Packers, and what factors into this ...

Favre (as much as I really hate it ...) doesn't play for the Packers anymore ... And since the Packers has already played against the Vikings the 2 times there were scheduled to do so ... This part of the debate is rather moot (in this topic and discussion ...).

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So you agree that you were talking ******** before????

As to your question, I've already shown the numbers. I can show all the highlights of Rodgers nailing Driver against St Louis, Cincinatti, Chicago, Jones against Tampa Bay, Jennings against Detroit, and last game, which was right on the money, but he battled the ball....

Saying that Favre have just stayed in his offense, and his record, and that's why he hasn't thrown downfield doesn't prove that he has a bigger arm. Unless you can show me actual evidence that not only Brett Favre has been more precise on the downfield throw, but also that he has thrown the ball farther than Rodgers, in a more consistant basis, then it's just your opinion against facts... The fact that Rodgers HAD to throw downfield more also doesn't prove why he has better arm and downfield accuracy. The number of big plays he has made, as well as the evidence of how those plays happened, do.

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We've already been debating this ad nauseum ... I doubt anyone is contesting this at this point ... - However what we are debating currently is the overall play of the Packers, and what factors into this ...

Favre (as much as I really hate it ...) doesn't play for the Packers anymore ... And since the Packers has already played against the Vikings the 2 times there were scheduled to do so ... This part of the debate is rather moot (in this topic and discussion ...).
waffle boy,are you a packer fan this week or a viking fan because really I cannot tell (as much as I hate it):blind:

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So you agree that you were talking ******** before????

As to your question, I've already shown the numbers. I can show all the highlights of Rodgers nailing Driver against St Louis, Cincinatti, Chicago, Jones against Tampa Bay, Jennings against Detroit, and last game, which was right on the money, but he battled the ball....

Saying that Favre have just stayed in his offense, and his record, and that's why he hasn't thrown downfield doesn't prove that he has a bigger arm. Unless you can show me actual evidence that not only Brett Favre has been more precise on the downfield throw, but also that he has thrown the ball farther than Rodgers, in a more consistant basis, then it's just your opinion against facts... The fact that Rodgers HAD to throw downfield more also doesn't prove why he has better arm and downfield accuracy. The number of big plays he has made, as well as the evidence of how those plays happened, do.
Me? no I just think your mad because favre is wearing purple and your want something to hang on to or to make you feel better about it. As if to tell yourself that Rodgers has a HOF career in his sights because his numbers are comparitive with a 40 yr. old Favre. Brett Favre does not have to throw the ball 60 yd bombs to prove his worth in this league.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'm not debating what you said, nor is LT, and nor is Skol Guy, when he's reffering to both me and LT. Just for the record.

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
waffle boy,are you a packer fan this week or a viking fan because really I cannot tell (as much as I hate it):blind:

*IF* You had read my postings ... instead of just skimming them, like it seems you do with most posts you are replying to ... - You would already know the answer to this question ...

1) I'm not a Vikings Fan ...

2) I'm not a Packers Fan ...

3) I Like football ... and I do like a few teams *more* than I like others ..., Packers are *ONE of those teams* - Because my *very first* NFL experience was at Lambeau Field ...

4) I am a huge fan of Brett Favre, and Adrian Peterson ... I like Steven Jackson ... and Brian Urlacher (but the Bears are not a team I've ever rooted for, nor will I ever lol ...). Just like I enjoy watching Peyton Manning, but I'm not a Colts fan ... - Nor am I Saints fan, - I watched the Falcons and got to know more about that team, while Morten Andersen was playing there (because I know his family in real life).

I'm one of those fans that just doesn't perceive it all in "Black and White" as alot of other fans do (probably because I'm from Europe) ...

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Me? no I just think your mad because favre is wearing purple and your want something to hang on to or to make you feel better about it. As if to tell yourself that Rodgers has a HOF career in his sights because his numbers are comparitive with a 40 yr. old Favre. Brett Favre does not have to throw the ball 60 yd bombs to prove his worth in this league.

First, so we make this clear:
********, I haven't backen off from squat!
-------
About the divergional question, mad doesn't even begin to describe how I feel about him wearing purple.

But I'm not saying what I do to make me feel better. I'm saying the thruth, and you can't contest. You just can't, so you try to diverge from the subject.

As to why I feel Rodgers has a PRO-BOWLER (NEVER SAID HOF, AND, AGAIN, YOU CAN'T PROVE THAT I'VE SAID HOF), as I said in my first post in this thread, is not because of his comparison to Favre. But because of his performance so early in his career. It has been mostly much better than an average-good QB IMO. And he's so young and can be so much more.

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
*IF* You had read my postings ... instead of just skimming them, like it seems you do with most posts you are replying to ... - You would already know the answer to this question ...

1) I'm not a Vikings Fan ...

2) I'm not a Packers Fan ...

3) I Like football ... and I do like a few teams *more* than I like others ..., Packers are *ONE of those teams* - Because my *very first* NFL experience was at Lambeau Field ...

4) I am a huge fan of Brett Favre, and Adrian Peterson ... I like Steven Jackson ... and Brian Urlacher (but the Bears are not a team I've ever rooted for, nor will I ever lol ...). Just like I enjoy watching Peyton Manning, but I'm not a Colts fan ... - Nor am I Saints fan, - I watched the Falcons and got to know more about that team, while Morten Andersen was playing there (because I know his family in real life).

I'm one of those fans that just doesn't perceive it all in "Black and White" as alot of other fans do (probably because I'm from Europe) ...
This way you can be the fan of the super bowl champions everyear just wait for the final second and choose your loyalty at that time. That dang Quientus did it again he predicted the right team again is what we are all saying about you:)

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First, so we make this clear:

********, I haven't backen off from squat!
-------
About the divergional question, mad doesn't even begin to describe how I feel about him wearing purple.

But I'm not saying what I do to make me feel better. I'm saying the thruth, and you can't contest. You just can't, so you try to diverge from the subject.

As to why I feel Rodgers has a PRO-BOWLER (NEVER SAID HOF, AND, AGAIN, YOU CAN'T PROVE THAT I'VE SAID HOF), as I said in my first post in this thread, is not because of his comparison to Favre. But because of his performance so early in his career. It has been mostly much better than an average-good QB IMO. And he's so young and can be so much more.
Sorry he has to prove he has got game and prove he can take a team into the playoffs. He has to prove he can win a playoff game. He has to prove that he is a leader and can win a Superbowl. He is a 5 yr Vet with nothing in his resume. Big Ben has 2 rings at a comparitive age. So really he has done nothing and I would think the Vikings are a solid team for years to come so there is no guarnetee the Pack gets into the playoffs for a few years if you ask me. Greatness is defined by post season wins and until he gets those he has no claim to be mentioned with Brett Favre

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
This way you can be the fan of the super bowl champions everyear just wait for the final second and choose your loyalty at that time. That dang Quientus did it again he predicted the right team again is what we are all saying about you:)

Not really ... - As there hasn't been a team winning the Super Bowl that I've rooted for since 1996 ...

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not really ... - As there hasn't been a team winning the Super Bowl that I've rooted for since 1996 ...
So you were a packer fan but now your not? I have a hard time trying to keep up with you. You told me 2 weeks ago that you wanted the Vikings to win so that is what we call a waffleing fan.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry he has to prove he has got game and prove he can take a team into the playoffs. He has to prove he can win a playoff game. He has to prove that he is a leader and can win a Superbowl. He is a 5 yr Vet with nothing in his resume. Big Ben has 2 rings at a comparitive age. So really he has done nothing and I would think the Vikings are a solid team for years to come so there is no guarnetee the Pack gets into the playoffs for a few years if you ask me. Greatness is defined by post season wins and until he gets those he has no claim to be mentioned with Brett Favre
Lol, that's pathetic man. You just can't "win" with the subject and you have to diverge it? You're better than that...

I mean, that's just trolling methods...

But hey, maybe we should talk about how the Vikings NEVER won a title and how Green Bay has 12???

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol, that's pathetic man. You just can't "win" with the subject and you have to diverge it? You're better than that...

I mean, that's just trolling methods...

But hey, maybe we should talk about how the Vikings NEVER won a title and how Green Bay has 12???
What? your getting pawned and you call it trolling? Your getting your *** kicked and now you want to talk history to soften the blow and are trying to redirect this thread.. Your hilarious. I have noticed when a mod like youself has nothing left to argue with the troll word comes out alot on this forum. I have told you guys before if you want me gone than show your power. You would be in the Minorty if you think Aaron Rodgers is better than Favre in any aspect of the game that really matters and that is wins! So kick me off tough guy!

Members online

Latest posts