Would you?

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's a question about a guy I like though recovering from injury, that I think could be our back up in 2 years. As an Auburn fan I see a lot of SEC football, and I've been impressed with Zach Mettenberger this past season. He got into a pro-style offense his senior year, did well but injured his knee (ACL) late. Would you like to see the Packers draft him in say the 5th round, have him go through QB camp this year and be on the practice squad, or are there too many questions about him to risk a 5th on him? I say 5th because I don't think he'll be there 6th or 7th round. I think someone takes him sometime in 4th or 5th. Interested in anyone's thoughts/opinions on this.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like our QB situation. Rodgers is still young and entering his prime. Flynn is an excellent backup. To be honest, i'd rather draft defense.

D

Deleted member 6794

I like our QB situation. Rodgers is still young and entering his prime. Flynn is an excellent backup. To be honest, i'd rather draft defense.

No. No need for a QB to be drafted. We have the best #1, a good #2, and a guy still trying to learn the ropes at #3.

It all depends on if the Packers want to carry three QBs on the regular season roster. If they don´t you have to realize they can´t put Tolzien on the practice squad anymore and they should look into drafting a guy they could put on it.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
I am hoping that TT has learned somewhat of a lesson from last years merry-go-round of QB's we had to plug in. To carry three would be a damn good idea......since nobody seems to know how to exterminate that damn injury bug.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Carry 3 Qb's on roster and sign Brock Jenson as a UDFA is my wish.

PackfanFB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It all depends on if the Packers want to carry three QBs on the regular season roster. If they don´t you have to realize they can´t put Tolzien on the practice squad anymore and they should look into drafting a guy they could put on it.

Good point, but I generally agree that there is no need to draft a QB this year primarily based on my belief that we will carry 3 QBs this year and the third guy will be Tolzien. If we do take a QB, it should be a very low-round pick, someone who would be a practice squad candidate.

Members online

Latest posts