Would you want Suh on GB ?

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He would have been a great Packer if they had the chance to draft him. Jim Schwartz is a turd and coaches his players as such. Suh will never be as great as he could have been because of that ******.

PackMan13x

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, no, no, a thousand times no. I don't want a guy who stomps on somebody then gives a presser like that after in a Green Bay uniform. He's a punk. Sorry.

He is still young and immature. I am not defending him, but he is no Pacman Jones. I believe I read that he gave more money to charity than any other player in the NFL this year. I think he's a good dude that needs to learn to control his temper and own up to his mistakes, and most of all...he needs to grow up.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
He is still young and immature. I am not defending him, but he is no Pacman Jones. I believe I read that he gave more money to charity than any other player in the NFL this year. I think he's a good dude that needs to learn to control his temper and own up to his mistakes, and most of all...he needs to grow up.

You may be right. We can only hope. Gale Sayers recently said too many guys in the league today forget that their opponents have families and they go out and deliberately try to injure guys. I tend to put Suh in that category. According to Sayers, in his time guys hit hard and they tried to make it hurt, but they didn't purposely try to injure their opponent.

Barrysghost

Un-catchable
Reaction score
Suh has never been named a "locker room cancer". The rest of the team actually loves the guy, and only Bears and Packers fans seem to cry "DIRTY!!!" all the time. This is the guys SECOND SEASON. He just came off of a pro-bowl rookie year where he was not called dirty at all. Oh, and he didn't "stomp his head into the ground", he wasn't even looking at the guy when he stomped. You guys are making a mountain out of a molehill, and don't seem to want to acknowledge his 2 game suspension and fine as punishment.

Most of this guy's frustration comes from the fact that he is constantly double and triple blocked. He had a lot of 1 on 1 his first season, and dominated. He expected to have another stellar year, but it hasn't happened due to the respect he's already being given in his SECOND SEASON. So, he's frustrated. On top of that (and don't try to deny it happens) guys talk smack on the field. Your team does it, my team does it, every team does it. Add to that: apparently this guy (Smith?) was untying Suh's shoes in every pile up (lol), and that last time Suh got really pissed. When he had the guys helmet, grinding it into the turf, you can see he's saying something to him. According to Suh, it was something along the lines of "quit untying my f***king shoes!!!" Then, when trying to leave the situation, he thought the dude was grabbing at his foot and did a shake-off type stomp.

I guess where I'm going with this: There have been way uglier and dirtier characters in the NFL than Suh. Even when the guy has no penalties or altercations in a game, he still gets called dirty. If you guys hate Suh, you must REALLY hate: Shaun Smith (the genital grabber), Chuck Cecil (blackballed by NFL), Bill Romanowski (spitting in faces), and Butkus (who actually said "I try to injure people"). This is a rough sport, and Suh plays it rough. A victim of his own talent, he is double and triple blocked and it frustrates him. I AGREE, he needs to cool down, but like I've said before: ONLY his SECOND SEASON. He has time to tone it back, and at least he isn't grabbing nutsacks or spitting in faces.

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
And if he had caused permanent damage to Smith by repeatedly stomping on his head, would it be a less dirty act because it was only his 2nd year or because there are other players in the league who act similarly? I'll bet his wife and kids wouldn't think so.
And if someone beat up your mom, would it be less significant because they were young and didn't know better or because their peers are also beating up mom's?
Suh's a talented player and it would be great if he could mature and play like an adult. But until then, he gets the label he's earned.

Barrysghost

Un-catchable
Reaction score
He... didn't stomp his head. So... I'm unsure how to approach your argument here. You need to go watch video of the incident. Besides that, the "beating up your mom" argument is pretty extreme.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Funny thing about Suh is he has a completely polar opposite personality off the field, based on what I have heard and read. They say he's the nicest guy, just on the football field, he occasionally goes ballistic.

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
That could be, Kitten, and I hope that he gets the anger management he needs. It's equally sad for a talented young player to be labeled as "dirty" as it is to be the victim. It would be a shame for him to soil his budding career.

Barrysghost

Un-catchable
Reaction score
Look, you hate the guy, you hate the guy. Period. I'm not looking to change minds, I'm just trying to be a voice of reason. I give people (including players on opposing teams) the benefit of the doubt. I don't feel it's fair to label Suh "dirty" based on one incident. Aggressive play does not equal "dirty" play. I truly feel that most of the "dirty" talk is full of bias.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Look, you hate the guy, you hate the guy. Period. I'm not looking to change minds, I'm just trying to be a voice of reason. I give people (including players on opposing teams) the benefit of the doubt. I don't feel it's fair to label Suh "dirty" based on one incident. Aggressive play does not equal "dirty" play. I truly feel that most of the "dirty" talk is full of bias.

I believe in giving him the benefit of the doubt as well, but the problem is, it wasn't just one incident. I don't think people are labeling Suh as dirty based on the stomping incident with Smith, people were calling Suh dirty before that. I think the stomping incident was the last straw for many people. As I have stated before, I wish Suh all the luck in the world in straightening out whatever is going on and becoming the player he should be. People should be talking about Suh's talent, not his dirty play.

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
I totally respect that you are loyal to your team. If the tables were turned, I may react the same towards my player. My answer to the thread title was "No, I would not want Suh on the Packer's roster". My reasons are my reasons. And I also can grasp your reasoning, I just don't happen to agree with you. That's all cool. I really don't like getting in a p*ssing match, especially with a forum visitor who seems like a decent person who is merely defending his team. Good luck in the playoffs.

Oswaldmk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Suh is a great player, but remember that a player is the mirror of his coach, and if your coach is an ***$%& what could you expect? Mike woyld make him the best he could ever be, he would be a great packer, but... get him for any cost... dont know if worth it

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Suh has never been named a "locker room cancer". The rest of the team actually loves the guy, and only Bears and Packers fans seem to cry "DIRTY!!!" all the time. This is the guys SECOND SEASON. He just came off of a pro-bowl rookie year where he was not called dirty at all. Oh, and he didn't "stomp his head into the ground", he wasn't even looking at the guy when he stomped. You guys are making a mountain out of a molehill, and don't seem to want to acknowledge his 2 game suspension and fine as punishment.

Most of this guy's frustration comes from the fact that he is constantly double and triple blocked. He had a lot of 1 on 1 his first season, and dominated. He expected to have another stellar year, but it hasn't happened due to the respect he's already being given in his SECOND SEASON. So, he's frustrated. On top of that (and don't try to deny it happens) guys talk smack on the field. Your team does it, my team does it, every team does it. Add to that: apparently this guy (Smith?) was untying Suh's shoes in every pile up (lol), and that last time Suh got really pissed. When he had the guys helmet, grinding it into the turf, you can see he's saying something to him. According to Suh, it was something along the lines of "quit untying my f***king shoes!!!" Then, when trying to leave the situation, he thought the dude was grabbing at his foot and did a shake-off type stomp.

I guess where I'm going with this: There have been way uglier and dirtier characters in the NFL than Suh. Even when the guy has no penalties or altercations in a game, he still gets called dirty. If you guys hate Suh, you must REALLY hate: Shaun Smith (the genital grabber), Chuck Cecil (blackballed by NFL), Bill Romanowski (spitting in faces), and Butkus (who actually said "I try to injure people"). This is a rough sport, and Suh plays it rough. A victim of his own talent, he is double and triple blocked and it frustrates him. I AGREE, he needs to cool down, but like I've said before: ONLY his SECOND SEASON. He has time to tone it back, and at least he isn't grabbing nutsacks or spitting in faces.

In an Sporting News poll of 111 players from 31 teams, Suh was labelled the dirtiest by a landslide. Bulverism, i.e. claiming that we think he is dirty because we are Packer fans is lame. Tuo Quo Que, i.e. claiming that it is ok because Cecil was dirty doesn't address the issue, it just deflects it. Denying the "argumentum ad absurdum" i.e. another poster's Mother analogy still doesn't answer the fact.

That fact is the man's peers consider him dirty and have said so. His former college team mate said he was a dirty player in college. It would seem therefore, that he is indeed at least considered dirty by a variety of other professionals who play the game. Here is the article;

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/fee...mukong-suh-voted-dirtiest-player-by-landslide

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
My answer is NO.

To whoever has that running tally of all the FAILures who did Rodger's Discount Double Check... 'er, title belt celebration dance on the field prior to LOSING to the Packers... well, you need to add Suh's photo!

Barrysghost-- what is your reply to the posting by Croak? Hard to debate when the PLAYERS themselves call Suh dirty...

Jack Torres

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Forget the discussion of what GB would have to do to get him, or who we would have to give up. Would you want him here? I say no. He has no class, and I really believe that once he is retired, his rookie season will be looked at as his best.

Opinions?

He has no less class than Charles Woodson. See David Thomas.

Reaction score
First of all do I think Suh is a dirty player? Yes

Do I think its reflects on his coach? Yes

Would I want him in GB? Absolutely

There is no way MM would put up with the BS that Schwartz condones in Detroit. Suh has to much talent to say you wouldn't want him on the Packers. He would get an attitude adjustment playing for a coaching staff that doesnt put up with his crap.

Barrysghost

Un-catchable
Reaction score
My answer is NO.

To whoever has that running tally of all the FAILures who did Rodger's Discount Double Check... 'er, title belt celebration dance on the field prior to LOSING to the Packers... well, you need to add Suh's photo!

Barrysghost-- what is your reply to the posting by Croak? Hard to debate when the PLAYERS themselves call Suh dirty...

I guess my response is the only one I can give (in addition to what I've said already): good for him, he and some other guys have an opinion. I mean, I'm not a sheep that just goes with the crowd. "They say he's dirty, so I guess I say it too". Sca-rew that. He's a good player that is positive in the locker room, soft spoken in interviews and really wants to win. Was the stomping incident ok? NO. Was it a mistake on his part? YES. Did he pay the consequences? YES. Has he apologized to the NFL, Smith, and his team? YES. Should this be a weekly topic? NO.

LionsFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im going to just shake my head at any fan from any team trying to claim they would not want Suh. Its almost like some of you on here forget Charles Woodson and all the baggage he came with, and being a Detroit fan means im naturally a Michigan fan so I love Woodson. He literally hits players in the balls cmon now :)

Suh is a product of everyone praising him since college and never truly understanding he crosses lines that shouldnt be crossed. Schwartz doesnt help this, but the league is doing their part. Did he learn his lesson yet? Hell if I know, but I do know one thing, that kid has a good heart. You all dont read the detroit papers around here but that kid is involved with the community and the children in a very positive way and gives the city pride off the field.

A disciplined player on the field but horrible person off the field brings a ball club and the city shame for decades to come. From what I see from this kid, that is not the case, so it comes down to being immature and lost in his own hype hes gotten since high school.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im going to just shake my head at any fan from any team trying to claim they would not want Suh. Its almost like some of you on here forget Charles Woodson and all the baggage he came with, and being a Detroit fan means im naturally a Michigan fan so I love Woodson. He literally hits players in the balls cmon now :)

Suh is a product of everyone praising him since college and never truly understanding he crosses lines that shouldnt be crossed. Schwartz doesnt help this, but the league is doing their part. Did he learn his lesson yet? Hell if I know, but I do know one thing, that kid has a good heart. You all dont read the detroit papers around here but that kid is involved with the community and the children in a very positive way and gives the city pride off the field.

I agree with your LionsFan. Would I want Suh on the Packers? Hell yeah. Schwartz has done a good job turning the Lions around after so many years of disappointment. Maybe the Lions needed a fiery in-your-face coach like that, but you can't keep that up forever if you don't instill the proper discipline in your team, and that is where Schwartz has badly misfired. I think that even now, under a coach like McCarthy, Suh could learn some self-discipline on the field and gain a little perspective. Suh is not an idiot. I think he realizes that he has to tone it down a bit if he wants to be successful in this league for years to come, but he can't do that by himself. He needs the correct reinforcement and he has to accept to be disciplined when it is necessary.

I'm just not sure that Schwartz is best as a long-term coach for the Lions. He's done good things, but now that the Lions are back, a different kind of coach may serve them better.

OP
OP
Frozencheese

Frozencheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score

A disciplined player on the field but horrible person off the field brings a ball club and the city shame for decades to come. From what I see from this kid, that is not the case, so it comes down to being immature and lost in his own hype hes gotten since high school.

It's nice that Suh is charitable with kids and I believe its genuine. No excuse to act like that on the field. I played high school football with Tony Romo, he had coaches, parents, teachers, the media, and classmates giving praise, constantly being told that "the NFL is waiting" "the PGA is waiting" and I can promise you that Tony is a GREAT guy, completely down to earth, and would never act like Suh when things werent going his way.

Along with the stomp, Suh mocked a player that wasnt even playing the game, a player that made sure that the Lions finished second in the NFC north. I'm not saying that Suh is a BAD guy or even that he is a dirty player. The reason that I wouldnt want him on GB is because Suh loses it at key moments in games, he was a HUGE factor in GB's win over the Lions on Thanksgiving, and dont tell me the belt on Sunday didnt light a fire under Flynn's ****.

Suh was the 2nd pick in the draft, and he played like it his rookie season. This year he didnt play like a 2nd rounder. The boy needs to become a MAN, then maybe I would love to see him in GB.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Im going to just shake my head at any fan from any team trying to claim they would not want Suh.

Well, I also did not want Moss back when Favre was campaigning for him to be a Packer. Nor would I have wanted T.O. or any of the other head cases who tend to create a stir when least needed. I was pleased that the Packers showed Barnett the door after his stink during the run-up to last year's Super Bowl. And, despite his potential, I have lowered my expectations greatly on Finley-- not just because of his drops, but also due to his "Me-first" outbursts over the past year.

I won't argue that Suh is a fantastic player with a load of talent and potential. I won't argue that maybe he can learn to keep his cool on the field some day. But, he has not done so yet. And, after his title belt mock during a close game in a rival's stadium (stupid, stupid, stupid!), I don't think he cares one bit about his lack of maturity and leadership qualities.

So, go ahead and shake your head at any fan or team that would not want Suh. A ton of talent and potential on the roster does not equate to having a winning team (e.g. Eagles). Finding the right players who know how to play as a team seem to be the Packer GM's recipe for long term success since the days of Ron Wolf. Though it does not occur often, the signing of "problem children" (e.g. Andre Rison, et.al.) or taking a chance (e.g. Woodson, et. al.) within the Packer organization does happen- but it is the rare exception.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Agreed on Finley. He garned more attention, and more dropped passes with his whining. I prefer guys like Donald who just shut up and produce and smile.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts