Would you support the idea of turning Labeau Field into a Dome?

D

Dan115

No question the game has changed. I think from the 1960 season through the 1967 season Starr averaged about 18 passes per game but I’m not arguing the point. Surprisingly in the frigid cold of the Ice Bowl the Cowboys and Packers combined for 50 passing attempts. Starr was 14 of 24 for 191 yards, 2 TDs and of course, no INTs. Amazing...

Neither team could run.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
that's a weird law. That's like those archaic laws that stated buildings couldn't be taller than the local church. If Oklahoma City had that law then there is no chance that we would have this building downtown making the skyline look really funny.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
Well of course it looks funny.
They gots those damn cranes in the way!
Take those out and it will look much better. I'm sure! :rolleyes:

Rocky11

Superbowl bound Pack
Reaction score
That's one of the reasons he is still my hero. I watched that game from my home in Ohio when I was 11 years old. That last drive was the greatest thing I had ever seen. The memory is etched into my mind. There is no doubt that the guys back then were tough as are the guys who play today. The guys today make much more money that's for sure.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
If this thread was a little closer to the 1st of April.......Nope to domes thanks.

Terry Ott

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Perhaps I have heard a worse idea in my 70 years on this Earth. Just can't seem to recall any right at the moment. Changing the name from Green Bay Packers to the Bay Area ******* might qualify as a worse idea, actually, but only FIB Bears fans would have proposed that, so I don't think it counts.

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even if it had a retractable roof, no way.

EDIT: Didn't GB just win playoff games at Philadelphia and Chicago about 14 months ago?

sundown

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know this may seem sacrilege, and even as a life-long Packer fan I too would be hesitant to see them revamp such a classic stadium in such a drastic way.. but the reality is the Green Bay Packers of today, and for the foreseeable future, are a fast-paced team, not a power football team, and domes tend to cater better to those kinds of teams.

Now I know that when a team comes to Lambeau on a cold, blustery day the playing field is "level" in the sense that both teams have to play in the same conditions.. but if we are facing against a power running team and it is cold and windy, I think they have the upper hand.

The other part that bothers me is players in this day and age are PICKY and have more say in who they want to play with than ever before, and you always see free agents head for warmer climates if the option is there, regardless of the team.. (and as long as the money is decent).

So I dunno, I'm thinking it's time to move forward.. cover up the stadium and provide an entire season of ideal conditions for our team, while catering more to future free agents.

I think That we need a dome in Green Bay ,it gets to darn cold during the playoffs and I can hardly remember the last time the Pack won a playoff game at home .2 years ago the Packers won the Superbowl, they played the Bears in Chicago and the
temp in Chicago was 23 degree's that day at Lambeau it was like 10 .if the Packers would hav e played that game at Lambeau the out come is probably different.

Rocky11

Superbowl bound Pack
Reaction score
We upgrade everything else why not put a dome in Green Bay. I don't use my black and white TV anymore. Oh yeah, it don't work in the digital world.

PWT

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is no support here in Green Bay to dome Lambeau Field by either the Top Mangement of the Packers nor Green Bay/Brown County citizens.

The only support for a dome at Lambeau Field is by a few posters on the Packer Forum..

Packer management has said in late 1990's, that they did not want a new Stadium built nor a dome at Lambeau Field. The Packers wanted Lambeau Field renovation at a cost $294M. Packer top management said this would take care of needs for the Packers stadium facilities until about 2031, when the Packers' lease of Lambeau Field expires.

Since renovation of Lambeau Field in 2003, it is Packer responsibility to pay for projects like expansion of Stadium facilities like the addtion of 6,000 seats in south end zone and adding of new gate in north end zone and new gate in south end zone which will be completed in 2013.

The greatest problem that Packers face in the NFL in the future is generating enough local revenue at Lambeau Field Facility to remain competitive in the NFL. The dome at Lambeau Field does not provide more local revenue for the the Packers at Lambeau Field facility..

Renovation of Lambeau Field provided the Packers $119M in Local revenue earned at LF last year.
Last year the Packers were 11th in revenue earned in the NFL. Of coarse, there are 32 teams in the NFL. That isn't bad for the team located in smallest Market (Green Bay) in the NFL. In 2110, the Packers local revenue earned at LF was $100M. Local revenue has been increasing every year since LF renovation was completed in 2003.

1/2% Brown County Sales tax will end in 2015 ,when the there will be enough money in Lambeau Field maintenance fund Packers' 30 year LF lease. Renovation of Lambeau Field was paid for in August of 2011.

The tax payers of Brown County /Green Bay would not vote for a referendum to provide the money for a Lambeau Field dome. In 2003 the 1/2% BC/GB sales tax passed by vote of 53% to 47% to renovate LF. A BC/GB sales tax to be used for a dome for LF would be voted down in landslide vote by BC/GB voters, if election were held in 2015....

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
This is a major First World Problem. Let's see, we're fans of the greatest sports franchise in the history of organized sports and someone's complaining because they don't play in a dome?
Really, really a funny thread.
I get it though, I can't get parts for my S.T. Dupont cigar lighter here at the local grocery store. It's such a pain.