Would you support the idea of turning Labeau Field into a Dome?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If they could take the dome from the capitol building in Madison and put it on Lambeau, then I'd be all for it.

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A few of the people in this thread I would be terrified to have in a jury room if I was an innocent man on trial.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Rocky11,

Baseball’s tradition is not playing in bad weather, that’s not relevant to football’s tradition. And you’re right, Starr wasn’t “dancing a jig” during or after the Ice Bowl, but watch a reply of the final drive he engineered: Did that look like “sub standard” football to you?

- - -
A roof on Lambeau Field is a moot point IMO – it’s not going to happen for the foreseeable future.

Rocky11

Superbowl bound Pack
Reaction score
You know, I didn't start this thread. I just voiced my opinion. That's what is cool about this site. I love football the way it is. And to answer your question. Bart Starr scoring that winning game was great play. There have just been times when I have watched games on TV and I thought "this sucks". Nobody can do anything. If they were in a dome it would be unrestricted football. That's all. I am not against the "tradition" of playing outdoors. I just think with all the money spent on Pro Football and the modern times we live in you shouldn't have to put up with bad weather. (Fan or Player). This makes me chuckle. I am a deer hunter and I like to use a compound bow. Other hunters I know don't think I am a pure hunter because I am not using a re curve. Others think that if you use a crossbow you are not a real man. That whole mentality makes me chuckle. I don't care what kind of bow you use as long as you are humane to the deer and are enjoying yourself.

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know, I didn't start this thread. I just voiced my opinion. That's what is cool about this site. I love football the way it is. And to answer your question. Bart Starr scoring that winning game was great play. There have just been times when I have watched games on TV and I thought "this sucks". Nobody can do anything. If they were in a dome it would be unrestricted football. That's all. I am not against the "tradition" of playing outdoors. I just think with all the money spent on Pro Football and the modern times we live in you shouldn't have to put up with bad weather. (Fan or Player). This makes me chuckle. I am a deer hunter and I like to use a compound bow. Other hunters I know don't think I am a pure hunter because I am not using a re curve. Others think that if you use a crossbow you are not a real man. That whole mentality makes me chuckle. I don't care what kind of bow you use as long as you are humane to the deer and are enjoying yourself.

humane to the deer while killing them, very logical.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Rocky 11,

We all know you are just voicing your opinion. That's what we are doing too - either voicing ours directly or challenging the opinions of others. Doing so civilly is what makes this board great IMO. The only time I remember watching an NFL game and not being able to see what's going on is the "fog bowl". If there's snow on the field or if its raining, sleeting, snowing etc, it hasn't lessened my enjoyment of the game. If anything, it’s enhanced it. I thought your example of Starr in the Ice Bowl went against your point instead of supporting it. It wasn't just the winning TD, go back and look at that entire drive - it was a thing of beauty excellently executed. And I always smile when I remember Bob Hayes in that game – the “fastest man alive” had his hands in his pants unless a pass was going to him!

Rocky11

Superbowl bound Pack
Reaction score
That is the difference between this site and the Brett Favre site. If your opinion wasn't all pro Favre you were smashed and abused. I love this forum. People are normal. Sometimes it is fun to argue. By the way okpackerfan. If you are a hunter you wouldn't understand and that's ok. If you shoot a deer through the heart it is dead in about 20 seconds. They don't even know the arrow went through them.

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That is the difference between this site and the Brett Favre site. If your opinion wasn't all pro Favre you were smashed and abused. I love this forum. People are normal. Sometimes it is fun to argue. By the way okpackerfan. If you are a hunter you wouldn't understand and that's ok. If you shoot a deer through the heart it is dead in about 20 seconds. They don't even know the arrow went through them.

I think you meant to say if I am NOT a hunter I wouldn't understand. I know a good deal about hunting. You say if you shoot through the heart they are dead in 20 seconds and don't know the arrow went throw them. How do you know? Did you ask the deer? Also...what if you miss the heart? I don't think everyone should be vegetarian or vegan but there are better ways of bringing over-population down. I have strong reasons I believe people hunt, some of which is backed up by a lot of psychological analysis but there is really no point in getting into anymore in this thread on this forum. I will just say what I have said from the start, a dome on lambeau is not going to happen in the next 50 years and I would gladly make a substantial bet with anyone on this website supporting that thought. I will even give you all to the end of the year if you want to take me up on it.

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well then there ya go.
That's the push we need to put it on Lambeau.

There is a law/rule that mentions that no building in Madison can be taller than the capitol dome.

that's a weird law. That's like those archaic laws that stated buildings couldn't be taller than the local church. If Oklahoma City had that law then there is no chance that we would have this building downtown making the skyline look really funny.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Rocky11

Superbowl bound Pack
Reaction score
okpackerfan I do agree with you on one thing. We won't see a dome in Green Bay for at least fifty years. I could argue with you a little more on the deer subject but I won't because it seems to be a sore subject. Out of respect I have typed my last word on the subject. You are blessed.

D

Dan115

okpackerfan I do agree with you on one thing. We won't see a dome in Green Bay for at least fifty years. I could argue with you a little more on the deer subject but I won't because it seems to be a sore subject. Out of respect I have typed my last word on the subject. You are blessed.

Could be less than 50 years.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
that's a weird law. That's like those archaic laws that stated buildings couldn't be taller than the local church. If Oklahoma City had that law then there is no chance that we would have this building downtown making the skyline look really funny.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
They have the same law in Washington DC. No building may be higher than the capital dome. That is why there are no buildings higher than 10 stories in DC.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would expect the Packers to leave Green Bay before I would expect a dome in Green Bay.
Which is why these discussions are moot.

I understand they come up because it's the off-season.
What's next?
Having Green Bay host the superbowl?
Don't bother.
That one has been done to death as well.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I understand your thinking. I enjoy watching football outside.
I watched the ice bowl and I never saw Bart dancing a jig because it was so cold.
True, but back then Bart only had to throw about 12 passes a game, with the Jimmy Taylors and Paul Hornungs running around non-athletic defenses for power sweeps..... game has changed.

But I like the idea of the rapidly closing retractable dome!
Closed when we have the ball.
Opened with wind and cold wind blowing in their face.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The other part that bothers me is players in this day and age are PICKY and have more say in who they want to play with than ever before, and you always see free agents head for warmer climates if the option is there, regardless of the team.. (and as long as the money is decent).

I wouldn't say "always". Jeff Saturday just signed a contract and we've signed plenty of free agents in the past. If weather is a big issue for a player, then a) I have to question his toughness, and b) ruining Lambeau with a dome won't change the weather they live in every day.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
True, but back then Bart only had to throw about 12 passes a game, with the Jimmy Taylors and Paul Hornungs running around non-athletic defenses for power sweeps..... game has changed.
No question the game has changed. I think from the 1960 season through the 1967 season Starr averaged about 18 passes per game but I’m not arguing the point. Surprisingly in the frigid cold of the Ice Bowl the Cowboys and Packers combined for 50 passing attempts. Starr was 14 of 24 for 191 yards, 2 TDs and of course, no INTs. Amazing...

Members online

Latest posts