Would you make a play for Moss?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The time between next season and when randy moss was last good is an eternity in the nfl. Woodson is a shell of himself compared to 2009.

Just bc a player is a big name doesn't mean they will have a big impact. The risk reward with moss just outweighs any reason to bring him in at this point. This isn't Oakland raiders moss. This is my career is over and I came out of retirement already moss. Pats were done with him, Minnesota dumped him. Then the titans. The management on these teams realized randy is done and anything he has to contribute isn't worth what he could do to a team.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am already looking forward to revisiting this thread next season.

Should everyone include how they like their crow prepared in their post?

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
If we were dumb enough to take a look at Moss, we might as well look at Terrell Owens and Chad Ochocinco/Johnson......all 3 would be about as productive. (im joking people)

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Simply put, if you want the Packers to sign Moss, and you think its a good idea, and you think he is still a star...
then follow another team. May I suggest the Redskins? They love washed-up players. Or the Vikings perhaps.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Locker-room side, he's pretty much been a cancer everywhere he's gone in the last 8 year, besides New England. He also just declared himself the best receiver of all time. We rely strongly on good clubhouse chemistry with solid leaders and no distractions. Chemistry means more in the NFL. It isn't like baseball which is mostly just individual performances with a few exceptions. In the NFL, you need to be on the same page and wavelength with the other 10 guys on the field. There's a reason the Eagles have been so terrible the last 2 years. It isn't because they lack talent.

Production-side, he hasn't caught more than 28 balls since he was 32. He's going to be 36. His 28 last year were the most since then, and we have 5 guys who caught more than that. He isn't going to get the ball thrown his way or be a standout here, and he doesn't have sub 4.3 speed anymore at 36 to be a reliable deep threat.

So to sum it up, he's an a-hole distraction who probably won't mesh well with Rodgers with his work ethic, he gives up on plays, hasn't played well in 4 years and is at the age where he isn't going to suddenly get better. Why are we talking about signing him?

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Nah... no Moss ... the Pack do not need a wide-receiver 'head case' that is so prevalent in the NFL. I like our guys. They're intelligent and can piece a coherent sentence together. Moss has never impressed me as being anything other than a guy who will play when he damned-well wants to. I've used the term before in referring to some other head-case ... but Moss would be a 22 caliber brain in a 357 Magnum offense.

Members online

Latest posts