Would you entertain Colt McCoy as a back-up?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well that's kind of the point isn't it ivo? Your backups being able to fill the void if your starters go down? So you're okay with status quo? It's acceptable to not think about a somewhat efficient game manager who can get you through a few games and get you a playoff? You know, so your regular guy can get healthy?
If a Colt McCoy can get us one more rung on the ladder that is the playoffs it's worth a look isn't it? If it costs us nothing I mean. I think a 6th or 7th rounder would be about right. I think the Packers might take a look at a developmental guy at those rounds.

I think a drafted player offers more upside than trading for McCoy. No one is developing McCoy bc he isn't enough to be a starter in this league. People get excited about him bc they know the name.

McCoy isn't winning us any games.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I think a drafted player offers more upside than trading for McCoy. No one is developing McCoy bc he isn't enough to be a starter in this league. People get excited about him bc they know the name.

Maybe more upside but not more right now. McCoy has played in the NFL. He knows and is used to the speed of the game. He hasn't been coached like our guys coach QBs. He'd likely develop faster as a backup than a draft pick. He might not be a regular starter but he's at least on par or a notch better than Harrell.
Coleman might have more upside but he's sure not ready to take a starters snap and McCoy is.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score

Neither is Harrell, and probably not a rookie either. McCoy DID lack NFL weapons, and had better college production than most of the guys in the draft

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Neither is Harrell, and probably not a rookie either. McCoy DID lack NFL weapons, and had better college production than most of the guys in the draft

Please tell me more about this theory of yours that college production has an impact on an nfl career. I mean it only makes sense that if you were good in college you will be good in the nfl. Right Tim Tebow?

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Please tell me more about this theory of yours that college production has an impact on an nfl career. I mean it only makes sense that if you were good in college you will be good in the nfl. Right Tim Tebow?
That's pretty good, now name a guy who didn't have college production despite having all of the opportunity to who produced big in the NFL. Not a lot of names on that list, and most of the names that immediately come to mind were relatively new to football.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's pretty good, now name a guy who didn't have college production despite having all of the opportunity to who produced big in the NFL. Not a lot of names on that list, and most of the names that immediately come to mind were relatively new to football.

I think he plays for the packers and wears #52

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I remember this guy at Michigan battling it out with Drew Hensen neck n neck for the starting job in college. Meh college career. I think he got drafted late by the pats.

Funny story his idol growing up couldn't really crack the starting lineup in college til his senior year. Got picked up by SF after college

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
So would you rather have the college QB that led the NCAA twice in yardage, 3 times top 5 passing TD, 3 times top 10 passer efficiency, 4th place Heisman voting or the one that was top 10 passing TD thrice, twice top 10 passer efficiency, 4 yr starter, twice top 5 Heisman voting including beating the other QB in the vote.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sure by sept Carson Palmer will throw a fit in AZ and want to be traded

Latest posts