Would you entertain Colt McCoy as a back-up?

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
of course if the price is right I would want a lot of players, but I think the price tag might be too high for colt. I live in the heart of Big 12 country and enjoyed watching him play at Texas so I wouldn't mind it.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am so with you on that one. I would be willing to give them money to get rid of Hawk.
Does anyone know someone who has MM # & is willing to text MM or TT a msg & ask him to trade Hawk for McCoy?

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd rather draft Wilson or Moore but if the Packers do aquire McCoy then either a 6th or 7th. Preferably 7th as we have 4 picks that rd

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
With the Browns selecting Weeden, it's reported Colt McCoy could be on the trading block. I always liked Colt McCoy. I think he'd be a solid starter but he was unfortunate to be a rookie QB in a very tough division and has had it rough going with some bad front office decisions by Cleveland.

Would you be against making a trade for Colt to come up here and be a back-up and learn with a good QB's coach in a good system? That is, if it didn't cost us too much?
If the price is right I'd snag him. Consistently flashes greatness, similar system, and the damage isn bad. Have him sit and learn and we may develop some real quality

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the price is right I'd snag him. Consistently flashes greatness, similar system, and the damage isn bad. Have him sit and learn and we may develop some real quality
It's worth a shot. I wouldn't give anything less than a 6th rd pick

JAR

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Egads, Colt needs to get out of Cleveland. They haven't been committed to him since the day of the draft. I wonder why they even drafted him. He got thrown into a bad situation, having to step in early as a starter. Plus he didn't have an offense worth a darn. I don't blame him for getting more and more cautious. How would you like to get hit over and over and over.....

Colt is a leader; he is being underestimated. He will make a fine QB when he can use his strengths even if he's not the best. He works hard. He's tough. He's respectful. He didn't become the NCAA most-winning QB without having skills and good decision-making ability. Nor did he achieve that alone. Colt needs to be a part of a quality, cohesive team. What did he have in Cleveland besides disrespect?

I hope this trade works for him. Although living in Green Bay, brrrrrr.....

OP
OP
Southpaw

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
Egads, Colt needs to get out of Cleveland. They haven't been committed to him since the day of the draft. I wonder why they even drafted him. He got thrown into a bad situation, having to step in early as a starter. Plus he didn't have an offense worth a darn. I don't blame him for getting more and more cautious. How would you like to get hit over and over and over.....

Colt is a leader; he is being underestimated. He will make a fine QB when he can use his strengths even if he's not the best. He works hard. He's tough. He's respectful. He didn't become the NCAA most-winning QB without having skills and good decision-making ability. Nor did he achieve that alone. Colt needs to be a part of a quality, cohesive team. What did he have in Cleveland besides disrespect?

I hope this trade works for him. Although living in Green Bay, brrrrrr.....

Couldn't agree more. It's tough enough being a rookie starting QB in the NFL as it is. Then you have to play James Harrison and Terrell Suggs twice a year. He's got it rough in Cleveland they have not helped him at all. They have no receivers and until now haven't had a consistent tailback either.

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
quite generous, aren't you, for a backup QB? Almost could have gotten Moss for that.
I'd give them at most a 7 or a discard able player. Maybe swap backup QBs.

:rolleyes::sick: Moss? people are still sore about that hack of a WR?:poop: He was a 3rd round pick has done a decent job as a starter on a horrible team. He's worth at lest a 5th, but thats not saying I wouldn't try and get him for less. if a 6th is all it takes, great!

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
:rolleyes::sick: Moss? people are still sore about that hack of a WR?:poop: He was a 3rd round pick has done a decent job as a starter on a horrible team. He's worth at lest a 5th, but thats not saying I wouldn't try and get him for less. if a 6th is all it takes, great!
Just observing that Moss would have been a better return for a 4th round pick than McCoy.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Go for it, I don't see many negatives if we did this. Sign him up for a three years, it would be beneficial to him because he is with a great QB program, and if he can make a name for himself in the second year somehow we can trade him.

DOCTORAPK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Colt McCoy in GB? Better yet...Colt McCoy in the NFL? ARE YOU ALL SERIOUS? This young lad does not even belong in this league. If the Packers were worried about Nick Collins getting hurt....logically they should be worried about McCoy getting killed (and I'm NOT joking here) in the NFL. Did you see how Harrison literally left this boy spread-eagled on the field?

wholovesbevers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Please remind me why we're wasting a draft pick when Harrell looked damn good in the preaseaon last year... Colt should stay away, give me some more prospects from the draft.

Members online

Latest posts