Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol people went crazy about Hakeem nicks and his price tag...good luck with this one pal.

I think you are assuming I am for this trade. The only assumption you should make is that I am here to create conversation on the forum. No where did I say I support this idea.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you are assuming I am for this trade. The only assumption you should make is that I am here to create conversation on the forum. No where did I say I support this idea.

Misunderstood me. I never said you were for the trade, i'm saying im interested to see what the opinions would be seeing how Fitzgerald would be alot of money. I'd love the trade but we know TT.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Misunderstood me. I never said you were for the trade, i'm saying im interested to see what the opinions would be seeing how Fitzgerald would be alot of money. I'd love the trade but we know TT.

What were you wishing me good luck for?

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't make the trade. Lots of good receivers will be available in the 2nd round 2014. And I like Jordy.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LMAO, I was just about to come post this. Apparently this genius at ESPN thinks Mike Ditka is GM.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Against it. No interest in spending that kind of money on any WR.

Well thats all that matters. I would be for it, so good luck to people who are for it because alot of folks on here agree with not having a high priced wr with the depth we have...well had. Which makes my case for Fitz even greater haha.

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it's also hard to tell how good he is anymore when he hasn't had anyone that can get him the ball for 3 years. he may have lost a step.

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd like to have him and I'd be willing to part with a 2nd, but not Jordy or Franklin. Both are too valuable. One could argue that Fitz for Jordy, however much better Fitz is right now, would be a lateral move. Franklin is young and might turn out to be great for us. Fitz + Jordy, I'm for that.

jjmcjj

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While I like Fitz, there is NO WAY IN HELL I would give up Nelson, Franklin and a 2nd round draft pick. Fitz isnt exactly a spring chicken.

Plus, he's got a hammy issue right now. Like this team needs another one of those...

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm in the "no" category as well. What has worked well for GB is unselfish receivers that work as a group/unit and aren't into stats. I know that Fitzgerald is a stand-up guy but he's a true #1 receiver and will want the ball more than he wants to share.

On top of that, a 2nd round pick along with Nelson and Franklin is crazy considering the cap hit we'd take on. I could see the second round pick and Franklin IF we had a healthy Starks and DuJuan Harris backing up Lacy. Right now Franklin is our only real backup. You can't count Kuhn.

What we need is more WR so trading away Jordy doesn't really help us in any way. I'd rather have a platoon of fighters vs a Calvin Johnson / Larry Fitzgerald / Steve Smith type of WR.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Agree EG, not to mention.....Our main trio of guys is nothing to sneeze at. Plenty of teams out there would be willing to fight over having Nelson, Cobb, and J Jones. They are a NFL top 5 trio IMO.

Reaction score
To be honest, my first reaction was "This guy is high on something"..

Seriously? TT never would trade a 2nd round pick for someone over 30, let alone a top receiver in the league (in Nelson) and a potential good backup runningback that has over 100 yards in a game already. I could see trading ONLY picks for Larry, but not both physical and future assets.

They are a NFL top 5 trio IMO.

You could argue that they are the top trio

Bus Cook

You're never alone with a schizophrenic
Reaction score
Wilmette=>Fontana=>Lake Geneva=>Michigan ugh
Agree EG, not to mention.....Our main trio of guys is nothing to sneeze at. Plenty of teams out there would be willing to fight over having Nelson, Cobb, and J Jones. They are a NFL top 5 trio IMO.
I completely agree, which is why I've posted as I have the last while. We don't even have our top 5 trio. Throw our top TE in the mix and what we have is a quarter of the NFL's top five quad.

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
when we're short of receivers, what would be the point of trading one for another, it wouldn't give us any more options

poor journalism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts