Would Trading Brett be out of the Question ?

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's not out of the question as much as I would have thought even a week ago.
Teddy would be paying dearly though as Packer Fans would trash him badly, at least in the short term, and he would have to pull a giant rabbit out of a small hat to get back in their good graces.

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Commenter on Article said:
Kevin wrote:
yup, brett doesnt want to learn a new system in green bay, but he does in new orleans?
01/09 21:35:16
Exactly... Favre is not going anywhere but back to the G/G or a relaxing day on his tractor...

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yooperfan said:
Teddy would be paying dearly though as Packer Fans would trash him badly, at least in the short term, and he would have to pull a giant rabbit out of a small hat to get back in their good graces.

Unless Favre publicly demands a trade, this is something Thompson would never live down, I hope he recognizes that so...I'm gonna say no

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
don't see it happening. brett has said over & over again that he will NOT play for another team - he'd retire before he'd be traded!!

OP
OP
W

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4packgirl said:
don't see it happening. brett has said over & over again that he will NOT play for another team - he'd retire before he'd be traded!!

Yes, he did say this and I for one believe he meant it. Not sure it would be fare of any fan to hold him to this "if" his time is comming to an end in Green Bay.

As a matter of fact I think it would be selfish of us to hold him to that if he still wants to play the game and is wanted elsewhere.

MSMOLLY

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe that he has stated many times that he would not play anywhere else. I think that he would retire before doing that -IMO

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup Diane! I agree! I don't think he wants to play anywhere else. If it comes down to learning a new system, i'm sure he'd rather do it in Green Bay. Anyway.......i think there's alot of people guessing, as they want to be able to say "SEE!?!? I was RIGHT!" at the end.......all those that guessed wrong, just kind of slip away, unnoticed. It's that way with everything.,.......Brett, who's gonna be the next coach, and so on.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hey...

If Favre feels disrespected by the so called "fans"...and the Green Bay Packer organization...then don't be surprised to see him suit up with another team....!

PackwillBEback

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL

I knew Pack66 would be rude.

Thank god he isn't gm...he would be calling favre every second forcing the question to come back down his throat.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
on a lighter note i heard the colts and packers were finalizing a trade sending peyton manning, edge and marvison harrison to the packers for brett favre, ahman green, fergie and tom rossley.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
on a lighter note i heard the colts and packers were finalizing a trade sending peyton manning, edge and marvison harrison to the packers for brett favre, ahman green, fergie and tom rossley.

bahahahaha...

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WinnipegPackFan said:
More Speculation out there on this possibility and it's New Orleans again:

http://www.journaltimes.com/nucleus/ind ... temid=3516

Some interesting comments in here too but I will leave it at that.

i can't believe this thread is even allowed to be posted! what a waste of time reading this crapola.

to me it was just rubbish, pure made up trash, similar to something you read in the national enquirer.
Favre will retire a Green BayPacker.... END OF STORY.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:lol:
Zero2Cool said:

:lol: :lol: and guess what else, I heard that after Seattle is eliminated fron the playoffs, TT will hire his next headcoach
Mike Holmgren!!! :lol:

OP
OP
W

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhpackr said:
WinnipegPackFan said:

i can't believe this thread is even allowed to be posted! what a waste of time reading this crapola.

to me it was just rubbish, pure made up trash, similar to something you read in the national enquirer.

Boy, You sure told me off :roll:

carol k

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What I would like to know is where everyone "hears" these things that are posted. There is so much of "I heard this from a reliable source". Who and where are these reliable sources? I know I certainly don't have any.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WinnipegPackFan said:
dhpackr said:
WinnipegPackFan said:

Boy, You sure told me off :roll:

sorry, but what did you expect? your story has as much credability as my holmgren being hired as the next headcoach. why even post something like that?

OP
OP
W

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"sorry, but what did you expect? your story has as much credability as my holmgren being hired as the next headcoach. why even post something like that?"

Only because it is now the second time I have seen an article on someone entertaining the idea of how Brett would be valued by the New Orleans Saints and although this might be a very minute possibility indeed, it is being thought about.

Cheers

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WinnipegPackFan said:
"sorry, but what did you expect? your story has as much credability as my holmgren being hired as the next headcoach. why even post something like that?"

Only because it is now the second time I have seen an article on someone entertaining the idea of how Brett would be valued by the New Orleans Saints and although this might be a very minute possibility indeed, it is being thought about.

Cheers

by whom is it being thought of ? Bored journalist digging for a story, even if they have to make one up. Don't be so gullable.

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett Favre is going out of Green Bay on his own terms. There is no ridiculous conspiracy af driving Brett Favre out of Green Bay. His relationship with The Green Bay Packer Organization and Green Bay Packer fans is secure. He is the greatest All around Quarterback in Green Bay history. Everyone in Green Bay,
knows he is the best chance the Packers have to turning last year's very poor season around in a hurry. There are way too many posters on this packerforum who are coming up with inaccurate opinions about Brett Farve , Packer organization and the best football fans in World- Green Bay Packer fans.When Packer fans asked Brett Favre what they could do to help the Katrina hurricane victims in Mississippi, who many thought were not getting attention like New Orleans was. Brett said his non profit organization Forward would distribute all donations to hurricane victims in the 3 counties in Mississippi on Gulf coast which suffered the most. Many Hundreds of thousand of dollars (I haven't heard the final total )donated by Packer fansf lowed into his organization. Much need items such as water, and things that the people in those three counties needed was donated and flown in by Air and trucked in to Mississippi at no charge. "Pack 66 "if you really understand the Packer fans in Green Bay and the state of Wi. and The Green Bay Franchise you would realized this Legend in his own time is beloved by almost everybody in Packerland . Come to Green Bay and see the respect accorded all Green Bay Packer players, especially in the Packer Hall of fame. They will probably have to expand the Packer Hall of fame to make room for all Favre's momentos when he is enshrined into it. There will been nothing like this since Lambeau, Hutson ,Starr, Lombardi, and his Glory Year Packers. When he Retires as a Green Bay Packer and he is enshrined in the NFL Hall of Fame in Canton, Oh. and the Packer's Hall of Fame, It will be with much honor and love by the Green Bay Packer and it's fans. Lets quit retirement talk, trade talk and other conspiracy theories and wait for Brett's decision about retirement. , It will probably come very soon . Brett, Ted Thomspon. and probably the new Head coach maybe Jim Bates, or who ever is hired by Thomspon will have discussion and the announcement will come or perhaps later after Bretts thinks more about it. he will don so as soon as he decides.

Members online

Latest posts