Would this speech work on Colledge?

Grave

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All through your army career you men have *****ed about "This chickenshit drilling." That is all for a purpose. Drilling and discipline must be maintained in any army if for only one reason -- INSTANT OBEDIENCE TO ORDERS AND TO CREATE CONSTANT ALERTNESS. I don't give a damn for a man who is not always on his toes. You men are veterans or you wouldn't be here. You are ready. A man to continue breathing must be alert at all times. If not, sometime a German son-of-a-***** will sneak up behind him and beat him to death with a sock full of ****.

There are 400 neatly marked graves somewhere in Sicily all because one man went to sleep on his job -- but they were German graves for we caught the bastard asleep before his officers did. An Army is a team. Lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap. The bilious bastards who wrote that kind of stuff for the Saturday Evening Post don't know any more about real fighting, under fire, than they do about *******. We have the best food, the finest equipment, the best spirit and the best fighting men in the world. Why, by God, I actually pity these poor sons-of-*****es we are going up against. By God, I do!

My men don't surrender. I don't want to hear of any soldier under my command being captured unless he is hit. Even if you are hit, you can still fight. That's not just ********, either. The kind of man I want under me is like the lieutenant in Libya, who, with a Lugar against his chest, ****** off his helmet, swept the gun aside with one hand and busted hell out of the Boche with the helmet. Then he jumped on the gun and went out and killed another German: All this with a bullet through his lung. That's a man for you.

All real heroes are not story book combat fighters either. Every man in the army plays a vital part. Every little job is essential. Don't ever let down, thinking your role is unimportant. Every man has a job to do. Every man is a link in the great chain. What if every truck driver decided that he didn't like the whine of the shells overhead, turned yellow and jumped headlong into the ditch? He could say to himself, "They won't miss me -- just one in thousands." What if every man said that? Where in hell would we be now? No, thank God, Americans don't say that! Every man does his job; every man serves the whole. Every department, every unit, is important to the vast scheme of things. The Ordnance men are needed to supply the guns, the Quartermaster to bring up the food and clothes to us -- for where we're going there isn't a hell of a lot to steal. Every last man in the mess hall, even the one who heats the water to keep us from getting the GI ***** has a job to do. Even the chaplain is important, for if we get killed and if he is not there to bury us we'd all go to hell.
Each man must not only think of himself, but of his buddy fighting beside him.

We don't want yellow cowards in this army. They should all be killed off like flies. If not they will go back home after the war and breed more cowards. The brave men will breed brave men. Kill off the ******* cowards and we'll have a nation of brave men.

One of the bravest men I ever saw in the African campaign was the fellow I saw on top of a telegraph pole in the midst of furious fire while we were plowing toward Tunis. I stopped and asked what the hell he was doing up there at that time. He answered, "Fixing the wire, sir." "Isn't it a little unhealthy right now?," I asked. "Yes sir, but this ******* wire's got to be fixed." There was a real soldier. There was a man who devoted all he had to his duty, no matter how great the odds, no matter how seemingly insignificant his duty might appear at the time.

You should have seen those trucks on the road to Gabes. The drivers were magnificent. All day and all night they rolled over those son-of-a-*****ing roads, never stopping, never faltering from their course, with shells bursting around them all the time. We got through on good old American guts. Many of these men drove over forty consecutive hours. These weren't combat men. But they were soldiers with a job to do. They did it -- and in a whale of a way they did it. They were part of a team. Without them the fight would have been lost. All the links in the chain pulled together and that chain became unbreakable.

Don't forget, you don't know I'm here. No word of the fact is to be mentioned in any letters. The world is not supposed to know what the hell became of me. I'm not supposed to be commanding this Army. I'm not even supposed to be in England.

Let the first bastards to find out be the ******* Germans. Someday I want them to raise up on their hind legs and howl, "Jesus Christ, it's the ******* Third Army and that son-of-a-***** Patton again."

We want to get the hell over there. We want to get over there and clear the ******* thing up. You can't win a war lying down. The quicker we clean up this ******* mess, the quicker we can take a jaunt against the purple pissing **** an clean their nest out too, before the Marines get all the ******* credit.

Sure, we all want to be home. We want this thing over with. The quickest way to get it over is to get the bastards. The quicker they are whipped, the quicker we go home. The shortest way home is through Berlin. When a man is lying in a shell hole, if he just stays there all day, a Boche will get him eventually, and the hell with that idea. The hell with taking it.

My men don't dig foxholes. I don't want them to. Foxholes only slow up an offensive. Keep moving. And don't give the enemy time to dig one. We'll win this war but we'll win it only by fighting and by showing the Germans we've got more guts than they have.

There is one great thing you men will all be able to say when you go home. You may thank God for it. Thank God, that at least, thirty years from now, when you are sitting around the fireside with your grandson on your knees, and he asks you what you did in the Great War, you won't have to cough and say, "I shoveled **** in Louisiana."

George Patton

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
here is something even better.
hey colledge sit your *** down in my office. listen if you don't play better than we are cutting you and trust me even the ************* panthers wouldn't want your ***. o and btw you won get paid either currently i have all copies of your contract in this garbage can right here. all i have to do is throw a match in there and then **** your a free agent.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
It's a bit over the top to be honest. This is a world war II speech, I don't understand it's relationship to football.
You might better try Shakespeare's St. Crispin's day speech.
I hope I don't offend, NFL football is not real war. There are no bullets or mortars on the field.
Vince Lombardi has alot of powerful words:
I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.
Vince Lombardi

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see where you are coming from with the speech,and even though he is talking about military men College could benefit from what he is saying,you don't shoot your own captin meaning A-rod how many times has he stepped on his feet quite a few,he doe's need to be disciplined more ever sice he's been here he stepping on some ones feet.So some one needs to step on his and let him know he needs to improve.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
discipline, persistence, toughness is learned from your leaders, and I'm not sure Campen is the leader the o-line needs.

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Perhaps we can be a little lighthearted. I was watching a show on the jimmyv cancer foundation the other night. He got his first basketball job at Vanderbilt coaching the freshman team. He wanted to give an inspirational speech before his first game. So he reads a bunch of books and ran into a story about Lombardi coaching his first Packer game. He read " Lombardi crashes through the doors and stares at the players for 10 minutes, then Lombardi says says ' In order to be successful, you must focus on your family, your religion, and the Green Bay Packers'.

Well jimmyv was inspired by that, and thought, that's what I'll do, Crash through the doors, stare at the players and tell them to focus on your family, your religion, and Vanderbilt!

So the night of the first game, he crashes through the locker room doors (hurts his shoulder, he was only 21) and stares at his players. Then he says "men, if you want to be successful, focus on your family, your religion, and the Green Bay Packers!!!!"

True story. He died of cancer about 45 days after giving this speech in front of a TV audience.

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If anyone remembers speeches after Vince Lombardi died, one of the most quoted was by Henry Jordan: "He treated us all the same...like dogs."

Nothing could be further from the truth. Vince was a master of psychology. If someone needed a kick in the butt to get motivated that's what they got. If someone needed a word of encouragement to get maximum results out of that player, that is what Vince would give him. He was a puppet master not General Patton.

Members online

Latest posts