Would the real Slim Shady please stand up?

OP
OP
Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
The Vikings pulled a Frank from It's always sunny. Ya know, that one episode where he craps the bed and doesn't admit it.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is them. Uneven, and not a high quality team. Still a couple pieces away.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
This is them. Uneven, and not a high quality team. Still a couple pieces away.

Not very fair to say when they didn't even have their starting QB. This game could have been a lot different.

I'm more concerned about where our offense was in the 2nd half. Seriously some of the worst playcalling I've seen from us all season. Run, Run, Deep Bomb, incomplete. Seems like we ran that same sequence about 3 or 4 times

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
Not very fair to say when they didn't even have their starting QB. This game could have been a lot different.

I'm more concerned about where our offense was in the 2nd half. Seriously some of the worst playcalling I've seen from us all season. Run, Run, Deep Bomb, incomplete. Seems like we ran that same sequence about 3 or 4 times
Lol reAlly? Is ponder like a top 15 QB? It wouldn't have been different sorry. O wait last week it would have been diff if we had nick perry dez bish c wood please spare me. Ur a packer fan admit they won and that's all quit being a negative fn nancy

12theTruth

Webb meet TJ Rubley.

The defense in spite of Webb gave a good performance but you can't really take much away from this win when the Vikes QB couldn't even hit a WIDE open WR out pattern 15 yards away.

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
That's MM and his conservative playcalling...I hate it when he pulls that crap. We should have treated these guys like the Titans and put them away with aggression instead of handing off to Grant three times in a row.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
Lol reAlly? Is ponder like a top 15 QB?

I never said he was. But Joe Webb is no more of a QB than Vince Young is an academic scholar. Michael J Fox with a slingshot is more accurate than Joe Webb.

Ur a packer fan admit they won and that's all quit being a negative fn nancy

I'm being a realistic. We barely did shyt in the second quarter offensively and that kind of inefficiency is not going to cut it on the road against the Niners.

Hjalmar Davidson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Queens were where they always are this time of year. Out in the fish shanty with a bottle of Jaeger-miester and a dozen night crawlers.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm being a realistic. We barely did shyt in the second quarter offensively and that kind of inefficiency is not going to cut it on the road against the Niners.

Most teams do have a down quarter at some point in the game. Niners have had plenty of them themselves since they switched QBs.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Lol reAlly? Is ponder like a top 15 QB? It wouldn't have been different sorry. O wait last week it would have been diff if we had nick perry dez bish c wood please spare me. Ur a packer fan admit they won and that's all quit being a negative fn nancy
That's MM and his conservative playcalling...I hate it when he pulls that crap. We should have treated these guys like the Titans and put them away with aggression instead of handing off to Grant three times in a row.

I agree that it was some conservative play calling in the 2nd half, and by the end of the 3rd quarter we were up 3 scores. And; yes, I would have been sweet to watch them beat up on the Vikings especially with the sour taste of week 17 still in our mouths. But why give the 9ers more tape on what we can do with the healthy people we have on Offence now? Smart move by McCarthy imo.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
Most teams do have a down quarter at some point in the game. Niners have had plenty of them themselves since they switched QBs.

Noted. But the Niners don't have an offense that is basically centered around one player. Adrian Peterson is the Vikings offense with some solid QB play by Ponder. The Niners have a dynamic QB, 2 great RB's and a good group receivers. Couple with a good defense, we need to be able capitalize on every possession.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Noted. But the Niners don't have an offense that is basically centered around one player. Adrian Peterson is the Vikings offense with some solid QB play by Ponder. The Niners have a dynamic QB, 2 great RB's and a good group receivers. Couple with a good defense, we need to be able capitalize on every possession.
Dynamic QB. Discount Double Check
2 Great RB's. Well we fall short there, but in all fairness, so do they, Hunter is on IR.
Good Group of Receivers. Check
Good Defense. If we weren't all injured... If they didn't have Justin back...

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
Dynamic QB. Discount Double Check
2 Great RB's. Well we fall short there, but in all fairness, so do they, Hunter is on IR.
Good Group of Receivers. Check
Good Defense. If we weren't all injured... If they didn't have Justin back...

If we have all that then why is our offense going dormant in the second half of the game?

The Niners still have LMJ don't they? That's a good one two punch w/ Gore.

The first half last night showed a glimpse of how efficient we can be when we go no huddle, stick with the run and stop trying to chuck the ball deep all the time. I swear if we had an offensive line, we're the Patriots on Steroids. But really, we need to sustain that offensive production for 60 minutes. We didn't do that last night. We won and that's awesome but that won't cut it every game.

That's all I'm saying. I don't think wanting a football team to play 60 minutes is too much to ask or being negative. I really hope we stick with the no huddle next week, nothing quiets a home crowd like going no huddle and punching it in when you get in the red zone

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
If we have all that then why is our offense going dormant in the second half of the game?

The Niners still have LMJ don't they? That's a good one two punch w/ Gore.

The first half last night showed a glimpse of how efficient we can be when we go no huddle, stick with the run and stop trying to chuck the ball deep all the time. I swear if we had an offensive line, we're the Patriots on Steroids. But really, we need to sustain that offensive production for 60 minutes. We didn't do that last night. We won and that's awesome but that won't cut it every game.

That's all I'm saying. I don't think wanting a football team to play 60 minutes is too much to ask or being negative. I really hope we stick with the no huddle next week, nothing quiets a home crowd like going no huddle and punching it in when you get in the red zone
In 5-10 years, it won't, but remember, most guys were not built like that. Only recently has that kind of tempo become prolific enough to have a large number of linemen that can run for a full 60. Remember the way a game goes, you spend the first quarter finding what works, the second adjusting to what works for your opponent, then it repeats in the second half. We just have had a little trouble overcoming our opponents adjustments is all.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Noted. But the Niners don't have an offense that is basically centered around one player.

No, but they have a shaky QB that is essentially Joe Webb with a slightly better arm. If we can handle Webb/Peterson, we should be able to handle Kaepernick/Gore.

Members online

Latest posts