Worst OL in the history of Football?

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just can't come up with a worst OL than what we have. I've tried to remember anything worst, but just couldn't. Anyone does?
-
BTW, yeah, be patient, "we're developing this guys". **** is ****. You cannot train **** and expect it to become something else. They just suck. Maybe Lang doesn't suck so much, because he played fairly well against Allen, as a rookie, coming out of the bench. But College, Spitz, Sitton, Barbe, Wells, you guys suck! It amazes me that an idiot would pay you to play football.

LaCrossenative

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just can't come up with a worst OL than what we have. I've tried to remember anything worst, but just couldn't. Anyone does?
-
BTW, yeah, be patient, "we're developing this guys". **** is ****. You cannot train **** and expect it to become something else. They just suck. Maybe Lang doesn't suck so much, because he played fairly well against Allen, as a rookie, coming out of the bench. But College, Spitz, Sitton, Barbe, Wells, you guys suck! It amazes me that an idiot would pay you to play football.

Imagine how good the Packers could be if the O-line could actually block. I mean what was with Colledge trying to cut block Allen on a pass play? I've never seen a tackle attempt a cut block while pass blocking. That was just awful. All Allen had to do was take a step back, hop over the moron now laying helplessly on the turf, and light up Rodgers for a sack.

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Texans had the worst o-line in recorded history but I think the Pack is well on it's way to smashing the record for sacks in a year.

pbateman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Texans had the worst o-line in recorded history but I think the Pack is well on it's way to smashing the record for sacks in a year.

I think you are right. David Carr was sacked a ton when he played for the Texans.

OP
OP
PackersRS

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you are right. David Carr was sacked a ton when he played for the Texans.
I think 20 sacks in 4 games is an NFL record. Houston 2001: 4,75 sacks per game. Packers 2009: 5 sacks per game.
-
I'm not saying this is only OL. Our D has a serious lack of pass rush too. But with a better OL, we could at least contend. We'll be lucky if Rodgers can make through this season, and if

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The thing is that Houston can have a mulligan on that record as they were an expansion team. This is absolutely unacceptable play from the o-line this season.

paco

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sure you can look back at some of the past 0 to 2 win teams out there that had worse overall O-lines.

But there is no doubt our line is aiming for futility records right now. Ask me again in another 4-6 weeks. If the trend keeps up, I'll more likely say yes. But right now, I just can't say it.

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The packers maybe the team that has a beaten down tired QB in the second half of the season with that o-line.

paco

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The packers maybe the team that has a beaten down tired QB in the second half of the season with that o-line. LOL SKOL VIKINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BTW where was all the hits on Favre that were promised? Your pass rush is non existance as well and we lost a Pro Bowler and captain in Matty Birk off of our O-line

Dude, is any of that english? Think a little more before posting. You aren't doing your teams fans any justice.

Congrats to the Vikings on a well played game though. See you in November.

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The packers maybe the team that has a beaten down tired QB in the second half of the season with that o-line. LOL SKOL VIKINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BTW where was all the hits on Favre that were promised? Your pass rush is non existance as well and we lost a Pro Bowler and captain in Matty Birk off of our O-line

If you want to talk smack about the packers then go to the smack area and make a thread but this post adds nothing to the discussion.

I think 2003 was a terrible year for our o-line too but they did things to keep the sacks from happening that year. That was a brutal year.

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dude, is any of that english? Think a little more before posting. You aren't doing your teams fans any justice.

Congrats to the Vikings on a well played game though. See you in November.
I realize haveing a name like Paco and being from sconny you ain't into that fancy book learning and all but I will help you with the big words if you would just point them out to me. I cant find one error in my spelling so it has to be on your end(surprise,surprise) :stinker:

OP
OP
PackersRS

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I realize haveing a name like Paco and being from sconny you ain't into that fancy book learning and all but I will help you with the big words if you would just point them out to me. I cant find one error in my spelling so it has to be on your end(surprise,surprise) :stinker:
"Haveing" is a fine example of perfect english. Of course you can't find an error, you clearly can't read. Queens fans... Go back to your SBless team. See ya in L.A. in a couple of year.

I'm sorry mods, this isn't the smack area, but I just couldn't let this one go.:viksux:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
"Haveing" is a fine example of perfect english. Of course you can't find an error, you clearly can't read. Queens fans... Go back to your SBless team. See ya in L.A. in a couple of year.

I'm sorry mods, this isn't the smack area, but I just couldn't let this one go.:viksux:

Might want to double check your spelling if your going to bring it up

LOL

In a couple of YEAR?

:happy0005:

Packer 007

Cheesehead
Reaction score
RUMOR ALERT

Tauscher had a tryout with the Packers today, reported by a reputable GB Packers beat writer.

realoatesman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Currently going to college in Minnesota, but origi
Yes Mark was in for a work out

This is what I've been holding on to. Yes we've had a terrible O-Line so far, but add Tauscher and Clifton into the mix and it should be at least decent. I was never a fan of shifting the entire line so Colledge could suck it up at LT, but the interior three of Colledge, Spitz, and Sitton was decent before Clifton got injured.

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are A LOT of O-Line struggling this year. Just look at the Chargers my other team that I root for. Their O-Line is HORRIBLE!

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score

oh-oh its the spelling police i reckin' im in a heap of trouble now. I do declare. Sorry that is about as close to hillbilly as I could get for you to understand in what Im trying to tell you. Not a smack area and yet your waveing your pom-poms with the way cool sux banner. Look at the taunting flag on the field after the nice stop on AP for a short game and he rocked him with a great hit.Dude started howling in AP's face like he was rick Flair. It was a bonehead move which I doubt McCarthy will let no 54 forget for awhile. That taunting flag hurt your beloved Pack big time. Good play but could have been avoided. I am sure the jawing is pretty good on the field during that game on both sides but you have to keep it in check. The Pack won't let that happen again. So there you go problem solved!

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
oh-oh its the spelling police i reckin' im in a heap of trouble now. I do declare. Sorry that is about as close to hillbilly as I could get for you to understand in what Im trying to tell you. Not a smack area and yet your waveing your pom-poms with the way cool sux banner. Look at the taunting flag on the field after the nice stop on AP for a short game and he rocked him with a great hit.Dude started howling in AP's face like he was rick Flair. It was a bonehead move which I doubt McCarthy will let no 54 forget for awhile. That taunting flag hurt your beloved Pack big time. Good play but could been avoided. I am sure the jawing is pretty good on the field during that game on both sides but you have to keep it in check. The Pack won't let that happen again. So there you go problem solved!

You're not even try to spell correctly, are you?

packrfanfw

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I find it amusing that this Skol guy comes over here and talks trash. I think we should just let him enjoy his QB for this year..he may not be back next year. Then what, get T-Jack to take the Queens to the Super Bowl? Good luck with that one. Even though Favre got the best of us last night, our QB is only in his 2nd year as a starter. A-Rod has a MUCH better upside than Favre does at this point. I loved Favre when his was on OUR team, but Aaron Rodgers is our QB now. We can fix our O-line and defense, but Favre will only get older and will still probably go into the Hall of Fame as a PACKER.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I find it amusing that this Skol guy comes over here and talks trash. I think we should just let him enjoy his QB for this year..he may not be back next year. Then what, get T-Jack to take the Queens to the Super Bowl? Good luck with that one. Even though Favre got the best of us last night, our QB is only in his 2nd year as a starter. A-Rod has a MUCH better upside than Favre does at this point. I loved Favre when his was on OUR team, but Aaron Rodgers is our QB now. We can fix our O-line and defense, but Favre will only get older and will still probably go into the Hall of Fame as a PACKER.

The only thing that gets me is that with the protection Rodgers had I dont care who you are, you cant win when you give up 8 sacks

Where as Brett had 8 secs on one play...Brett had NO PRESSURE at all

how much did Rodgers have?

Latest posts