Worst off-season ever

Packman5

Cheesehead
Reaction score
-FA comes and we sit on our ***.
-4th round for moss and we sit on our ***.
-Have a chance to get a future star in the 1st round and we get ****ing Harrell.
-TT packs wayyyy too much fudge to be our GM!!

Krazygangsta

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Harrell is good come down guysss ... his amazing were having a good draft dont over panick for no reason the core of the team is pretty much good we just need some depth and plug some holes and when robinson comes back we shouldnt have alot of problemes on WR so ppl plzzzzz stop pushing the panic button

OregonPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
-FA was full of overpayed mediocre players, we want to get into caphell to get John Doe?
-Moss wants a ring, he doesn't think he's going to get one in GB, it was reported yesterday that a deal with the packers couldn't be worked out because of money
-Harrell is a solid pick and is going to be a solid DT, games are won and lost in the trenches. Harrell will help us win games.

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It has been the most disappointing offseason that I can remember. I do believe in the guys we have, but sometimes it's necessary to spend some money on free agents, or make smart picks that fill needs in the draft. That hasn't happened this year, and it probably won't as long as TT is around. We'll never see him pick up a really good player in free agency, because they cost too much. Then people on here will say how smart it was not to over-spend on the free agents and to pick the cheapest guys we can find in the draft, all while we have another 8-8 season or worse. I get the feeling that if we were in the Texans' spot in the draft last year, that we would have picked Mario Williams as well. Thats just how TT rolls. I hate sounding so negative, but I really haven't seen much movement to make me feel other wise. I hope all the people who see these moves as smart ones are right. I hope all of my feelings about this offseason are proven wrong.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It has been the most disappointing offseason that I can remember. I do believe in the guys we have, but sometimes it's necessary to spend some money on free agents, or make smart picks that fill needs in the draft. That hasn't happened this year, and it probably won't as long as TT is around. We'll never see him pick up a really good player in free agency, because they cost too much. Then people on here will say how smart it was not to over-spend on the free agents and to pick the cheapest guys we can find in the draft, all while we have another 8-8 season or worse. I get the feeling that if we were in the Texans' spot in the draft last year, that we would have picked Mario Williams as well. Thats just how TT rolls. I hate sounding so negative, but I really haven't seen much movement to make me feel other wise. I hope all the people who see these moves as smart ones are right. I hope all of my feelings about this offseason are proven wrong.

I feel the same way. I'm a guy who likes to win. I guess a lot of people here are content at 8-8.

This draft looks good at plugging holes, and maybe making us a 9-7 team. I just want to win one more SB with Favre around. That's all I ask. We could have done that by swapping a third with Oak for Moss. Look how good Moss made Culpepper, and I don't think anyone here thinks Culpepper is better than Favre.

Moss still has it. 2007, he'll prove the doubters wrong. Barring injuries, I'll bet Moss gets 10+ TDs from Brady.

If we had landed Moss, I would have been a big TT fan. I've said that before in the past a hundred times. I am not a TT basher. But if we go less than 9-7 this year, I'm not going to be happy.

jhensiak

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Worst off season ever ???

LOL !!! You guys are clowns...Beside Manuel,...name the stupid things TT has done. 1st year does not count because Sugar Bear left a mess that Ted had to clean up. This board is halarious...because ESPN does not say we have made "BIG BOLD MOVES" we are having a ****** off-season???...what a joke!!! Not making stupid moves makes in the off season is good too. To many people on this board have "MAN CRUSHES" on big name player's and can't see what a solid YOUNG team we are putting together made to win for years. The reason why Farve is sticking around is because he can see we have a competent GM now.

Chicken friggin little...

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess I just look at this season as a win/win situation.

If TT is really smarter than every other GM in the league and he gets these drafted players and any other castoffs from other teams he still adds to the roster to win more games than they lose and into the playoffs, we all win and it'll be fun to see success in Green Bay again.

But if not, although I'm sure those that idolize him will still do so, I just don't think the people in charge of the Packers organization are going to be able to still find excuses for his inability to improve the team and will elect to go in a different direction.

I hope it goes the first way, but I won't be surprised if it goes the second.

Arles

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Waaaa! The Packers didn't draft anyone the media told me was good. Waaaa!

How much film have each of you watched on the guys GB drafted or the "future star" was passed over? Just because Mel Kiper doesn't have someone rated highly doesn't mean they won't help us.

lineman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Worst off season ever ???

LOL !!! You guys are clowns...Beside Manuel,...name the stupid things TT has done. 1st year does not count because Sugar Bear left a mess that Ted had to clean up. This board is halarious...because ESPN does not say we have made "BIG BOLD MOVES" we are having a ****** off-season???...what a joke!!! Not making stupid moves makes in the off season is good too. To many people on this board have "MAN CRUSHES" on big name player's and can't see what a solid YOUNG team we are putting together made to win for years. The reason why Farve is sticking around is because he can see we have a competent GM now.

Chicken friggin little...

We have plenty of young inexperienced players. We dont have much veteran leadership, and you need that to win championships. Favre only has a couple years left, then we are going to have to wait a couple years for Rodgers to develop IF he is our future QB. By that time a lot of our young players will be in free agency.

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
but that's the thing lare, ted has improved the team. 4-12 ---> 8-8 = improvement.

I think Ted is doing a good job but -- Wasn't he here for the 4-12 season too?

I think he would make a great politician -- he lets everyone "think" they know what he is going to do and then goes the other way.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
but that's the thing lare, ted has improved the team. 4-12 ---> 8-8 = improvement.

I think he would make a great politician -- he lets everyone "think" they know what he is going to do and then goes the other way.

yes he was, but that season was the fallout from the mike sherman regime.

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:

Considering the record of the team in the years before TT got here, I don't think we want to go into how 4-12 and 8-8 are an improvement.

Everyone has a right to their opinion, and I'm not belittling those of anyone else here by calling names or telling them "Waaaa" (thankfully I grew out of needing to do that over 40 years ago). All I'm saying is that there were several thousand people booing TT at Lambeau field yesterday and there have been tens of thousands booing the team there at recent home games.

Many of you may be content and pleased with the product TT has been putting on the field, but it appears there are many who aren't. And I'm guessing TT's superiors aren't thrilled to hear the boos and see their fans spending their money elsewhere.

We shall see.

OregonPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
bozz_2006 said:

yes he was, but that season was the fallout from the mike sherman regime.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:

Considering the record of the team in the years before TT got here, I don't think we want to go into how 4-12 and 8-8 are an improvement.

Everyone has a right to their opinion, and I'm not belittling those of anyone else here by calling names or telling them "Waaaa" (thankfully I grew out of needing to do that over 40 years ago). All I'm saying is that there were several thousand people booing TT at Lambeau field yesterday and there have been tens of thousands booing the team there at recent home games.

Many of you may be content and pleased with the product TT has been putting on the field, but it appears there are many who aren't. And I'm guessing TT's superiors aren't thrilled to hear the boos and see their fans spending their money elsewhere.

We shall see.

Lare, I was not pleased with the product that Sherman put on the field by any means. I'm tired of you guys saying how good it was back then when our defense sucked ***. When Thompson took over this team, our roster was a joke.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:

We shall see.

Lare - I am thankful there are people like you. We can disagree, but have an intelligent discussion, instead of some people here who would choose to mock and belittle.

I myself was just getting impatient and frustrated. I really wanted a trade for a playmaker. I just hope these draft picks pan out.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
-FA comes and we sit on our ***.
-4th round for moss and we sit on our ***.
-Have a chance to get a future star in the 1st round and we get ****ing Harrell.
-TT packs wayyyy too much fudge to be our GM!!

:rotflmao: :rotflmao:

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:

We shall see.

It's amazing isn't it.

Ted is NOT popular and every month that goes by he puts another shovel full of dirt on his own grave. I can't wait

Can we trade TT for a seventh Rounder?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lare said:
bozz_2006 said:

We shall see.

It's amazing isn't it.

Ted is NOT popular and every month that goes by he puts another shovel full of dirt on his own grave. I can't wait

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I remember last years shovels of dirt, Hawk and Jennings.

I remember the outrage last year too. "Greg Who?!"

keep it up, you guys provide a good comedy act.

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would not say it is "The Worst Ever" -- Let's go back in time to, say, 1989 .....

1. Mandarich, Tony T
2. (choice to Cleveland Browns in selection swap and for Herman Fontenot)
3a. Brock, Matt DE
3b. Dilweg, Anthony QB
4 Graham, Jeff QB
5 (to Cleveland Browns)
5a Query, Jeff WR
(from Washington Redskins)
5b Workman, Vince RB
(from Cleveland Browns)
6 Jacke, Chris K
7 Hall, Mark DE
8a King, Thomas S
8b Shulman, Brian P
9 Kirby, Scott T
10 Jessie, Ben CB
11 Stallworth, Cedric CB
12 Shiver, Stan S

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lare said:
bozz_2006 said:

We shall see.

It's amazing isn't it.

Almost sounds like he could be President.

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would not say it is "The Worst Ever" -- Let's go back in time to, say, 1989 .....

1. Mandarich, Tony T
2. (choice to Cleveland Browns in selection swap and for Herman Fontenot)
3a. Brock, Matt DE
3b. Dilweg, Anthony QB
4 Graham, Jeff QB
5 (to Cleveland Browns)
5a Query, Jeff WR
5b Workman, Vince RB
(from Cleveland Browns)
6 Jacke, Chris K
7 Hall, Mark DE
8a King, Thomas S
8b Shulman, Brian P
9 Kirby, Scott T
10 Jessie, Ben CB
11 Stallworth, Cedric CB
12 Shiver, Stan S

They did get a Kicker - Jacke.

I actually like this draft.

Got a run stopping DT. Needed to cut down that 114 r/ypg. avg.

I like the RB Jackson. Fits the team. Might surprize some people.

A couple of WR's, one with blazing speed!

A butt kicking Saftey.

I think things are looking up from an improving 8-8 team.

jhensiak

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
Lare said:
bozz_2006 said:

We shall see.

It's amazing isn't it.

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I remember last years shovels of dirt, Hawk and Jennings.

I remember the outrage last year too. "Greg Who?!"

keep it up, you guys provide a good comedy act.

Yeah,.. TT passing on that STUD TE last year for that bust Hawk was just another shovel of dirt too.!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
You can't compare a draft with previous drafts. You can only compare the draft with what could have been selected. Apples, oranges.

For this draft to be called the worst. Who were the pro bowl/impact players that helped their team win super bowls that we didn't select?

Yep, you can't answer that because these players don't even have their jerseys for their respected teams yet.

We can this season begin to analyze how well of a draft the Packers had in 2004.

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even though I brought up the '89 draft as one of the worst, the '89 Packers did end up 10-6.

Members online

Latest posts