Worst call of the year!!

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Horrid. And over the past few games we've picked up more than our share of this simply horrid calls...

Maybe there is something to rebuilding teams getting shat on...

I'm just glad everyone in the booth called the zebra out for totally blowing that call on MNF...

At least everyone noticed. Even the league office. We're never going to get any justice, but I hope at least behind closed doors someone shows that a-clown the tape and chews his ****!

Did you catch MM's response in his press conference?

One person asked him about it. He sort of mockingly laughed and thought for a second then said, "no comment." I wish he would've said something nasty.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
that woulda led to more bad calls in the future, for calling out refs.

refs dont like that

i dont know why

they should know they suck

ryan should tell us his side

dxbfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was definitely a hose job on Cullen, and I also think Seattle was bailed out on some illegal contact calls as well, but we lost this game for two reasons.

1. We did not capitalize on the turnovers
2. 201 yards for Alexander on the ground.

We can **** and moan all night about this play that play, but if you let a guy run for over 200 yards, 9 out of 10 times you will lose that game.

I couldnt agree more. Sure that call was disgusting but had we scored 28 or even 20 points off the four takeaways, that call would still have been disgusting but may not have cost us a game.

Go back to what Favre has said quite often now about the team not being good enough to overcome his mistakes. The team wasnt good enough to overcome a bad call.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That call was terrible. So was the holding call on Manuel in the end zone. Those two calls kept drives alive for the Hawks and resulted in 10 points. What a joke.

mike_donnelly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
same thing they did with Michael Jordan and do every game with superstars in the NBA!

yeah, but people wanted to see big dunks, regardless of lack of dribbling. people also want to see big sacks, which the refs are denying us. Not that there was even anything vicious about this play.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
good god i forgot about the phantom holding call on manuel

sure we should have scored more points. sure we shoulda held alexander to less yards. but when you get held coming through the middle and get no call... its kinda hard to stop a pro bowl running back.

Great team with vets or mediocre team with rookies... it doesnt matter who you are when the refs control a game.

at least three or four non-calls or bad calls seriously affected the game. sour grapes or no... you cant deny they had an effect. and the refs should be punished for that. it sucks when officials play a hand in any game. but of course nothing will happen because the NFL protects itself like no other legal organization.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
this call lost us the game.

Are you guys talking about the call for roughing the QB?? If this is so, it was a bad call by the refs, you could see it in the replay that he didnt even tough his head...what are players suppose to do when trying to sack?? This call was the changing of the game IMO..

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are you guys talking about the call for roughing the QB?? If this is so, it was a bad call by the refs, you could see it in the replay that he didnt even tough his head...what are players suppose to do when trying to sack?? This call was the changing of the game IMO..

Yes, the touching the passer penalty.

I'm still angry after a beautiful night's rest

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
this call lost us the game.

I wouldnt go that far to put it on one penalty. A lot of other factors went into loosing this one. Try some key INT's/ HOWEVER many freakin rushing yards the seahawks got! It was not that 1 call that lost us a game. sure as hell didnt help though :moo:

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i dunno. I definitely think our crap run D and late Ints hurt bigtime, after those travesties we were still in it with like 4 minutes! Shoulda been a 3 point game, not a 10 point game, that changed the way MM had to call the plays, and when down, Favre likes to ...well you know.

oh well, still a horrible call

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I tend to like to watch the interior D linemen as the play develops, and I have to tell you, while holding occurs on nearly every play, the holding on 3 or 4 big completions was egregious. The friggin zebras, all due respect to actual zebras, had to have had their eyes closed or possessed a strong desire to get the Hawks back to the dance because our guys were being held so obviously it was ridiculous.

Collegiately and professionally, officiating is at an all time low. The league, for its part, has made so many basic calls esoteric/subjective in their desire to create offense and protect the nancy boy QBs that litter the league.

On a side note....our safeties were lighting peolpe up last night. Collins and Manuel laid some serious wood on WRs. I like the physicality that is developing on this defense

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ya know, i did see a couple holds now that you mention it. I remember seeing kampman get straihgt up tackled on a run play, and kampman got up and ran after the RB STILL!

Members online

Latest posts