Worried about field conditions?

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Yeah, Rodgers isn't gonna be spinning out of sacks on that field. More like spinning in place. But, these are all NFL players, and they ALL have to play on the same field. Granted, the Bears do have a slight advantage since they just played on the field last week. I'm more worried about the Bears ST and D than the field.

To be fair. The field is not technically under the control of the Bears but by the Parks department that runs the Stadium. The Bears themselves were complaining about the field saying it sucks. Cutler said it was a crappy field. The field crew is probably a bunch of union hacks. The guy in charge of the field disagreed with the assessment and said the field wasn't as bad as people make it out to be.

The Bears actually want to put in a field like what is used in Lambeau, but they are waiting on a injury study to be done. After seeing how many GB players went down this year (how many ACLs got blown??) I don't blame em.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers are a speed-offense, with precision-passing, and they are a pass-happy team. We all know that.

The Bears offense is more of a physical OL, grind-it-out mentality and this schitty field is going to make the game be that style of game.

Just because we just lit up the Falcons doesn't mean we won't be bottled up in the painted mud.

We scored 45 against the Giants in week 16 at home, then the next game scored only 10 against the Bears defense. Their defense is good, they get away with a lot of illegal contact on WR's, and they have a good DL with the purchased Julius Peppers leading the way. We will not march up and down the field on them and score 4, 5, 6 TDs.

I'm hoping for a win like 24-7 or 20-10.
But I'd sure love a blowout by us instead!

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Bears were complaining about the field earlier this season. Its been resodded, and looked to be in pretty good condition for the Seahawk game.

I agree with those saying both teams play on the same field. We'll be fine.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
The Packers are a speed-offense, with precision-passing, and they are a pass-happy team. We all know that.

The Bears offense is more of a physical OL, grind-it-out mentality and this schitty field is going to make the game be that style of game.

Just because we just lit up the Falcons doesn't mean we won't be bottled up in the painted mud.

We scored 45 against the Giants in week 16 at home, then the next game scored only 10 against the Bears defense. Their defense is good, they get away with a lot of illegal contact on WR's, and they have a good DL with the purchased Julius Peppers leading the way. We will not march up and down the field on them and score 4, 5, 6 TDs.

I'm hoping for a win like 24-7 or 20-10.
But I'd sure love a blowout by us instead!
Let's put it this way, I think a crummy field helps the offense, they know where they're going to go, the defense has to react. The CBs can jam at the line of course to upset the timing, but that's easy enough for Rodgers to adjust, he's the fastest gun in the NFL. Read/React/Fire.
If I've learned anything about this team this year, it's don't expect past performances to predict future performance.
I never predict scores but I think you're right on Frank, I think a 10 point or more win would be just what the doctor ordered leading into the SB.
We all just have to pray for no ST miracles for them.

emaugust

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The backstory on the field is that the Chicago Park District maintains it but they would like to convert the field to Field Turf. The hold up is that the Bears Front Office are concerned with player safety. They feel that grass is safer. With all the players speaking out, this may force the Bears Front Office to make a move.

Packerstud

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes I'm very worried about the field.

It just grass. It gets divots, ridges and low spots. The bears who play there 8 times a year, know it better than us.

Lambeau Field has a hybrid natural/synthetic turf blend sown in over sand.

The field may be our biggest foe come Sunday.

Latest posts