World Cup Brazil 2014

OP
OP
Sandolf

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
First, this post will be completely off-topic ;)

That is no problem. We have a guy who comes in here to talk about beer at every opportunity. :D

Dutch politics is just very very complicated :unsure:.

Thank you for taking the time to explain. It is hard to know someone else's country if you have not lived there for a time.

The new law is to stop foreigners form buying drugs along the Dutch/Belgium-border.

I wonder if my allegiances to Sittard have been affected.

Keep in mind that there are still many immigrants in the Netherlands. Here in Rotterdam more than 50% of the population are immigrants. They are from all over the place and make Rotterdam a real melting pot. (which is great, because Rotterdam is probably the only city that re-celebrates carnival in the summer, to make sure that our Latina residents can show off the smallest bikini they own ;))

Same here in Canada... except the bikini part... unfortunately.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Fantastic! well done Germany four stars on your shirts now, scored by Bayern Created by Chelsea yowza!!!
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sandolf

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
Good for Jogi. I remember him being vilified as the manager of VfB Stuttgart. Instead of being the next Berti Vogts, now he has this victory. Nobody can take it away from him now.

Luca

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Congrats to Germany!

The best team won the tournament.

Argentina was the better side early in the game (they had the best opportunities). Later on Germany were the better side, and basically the only team that deserved to win, especially in extra time.

Last edited:

Luca

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder if my allegiances to Sittard have been affected.

Yes. All of Limburg is affected, since it is close to the Belgium border.

It is hard to know someone else's country if you have not lived there for a time.

I have lived in Canada (that's where I became a football and Packers fan). Still don't know a lot about Canadian politics though.

Same here in Canada... except the bikini part... unfortunately.

Well, you guys have Halloween ;).

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I couldn't get on earlier because for some reason the forum won't accept my mobile messages to the board. So I'm home now and can only say; WOO HOO! Goetze! Some pundits said that when he went to Bayern he would be in over his head and ruin his career. Way to show them up kid.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Congrats to Germany, the best team in the tournament won, which is nice to see.

Very well done, in spite of Loew. :D

Congrats Nessie! Pear Schnapps to you sir!

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
I thought of you during the match yesterday. My son and I were drinking Sierra Nevada Stout. ;)

Very nice. Sierra Nevada just added their new brewery in Asheville, NC. I imagine any Sierra Nevada beers you get soon will come from that brewery from now on.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Very nice. Sierra Nevada just added their new brewery in Asheville, NC. I imagine any Sierra Nevada beers you get soon will come from that brewery from now on.

Asheville is a great area. We've stayed in a friends mountain home there for vacation from time to time.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
@Croak , @Bundesbiers :
Funny, we met a nice, older couple from the NC mountain area at our Guest House in Edinburgh last weekend. And they told us that the Sierra Nevada brewery has opened a new brewery close to where they live and they were surprised to hear that we can buy Sierra Nevada in some stores in Germany !

Btw - nice article and great pictures by The Daily Mail
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ever-pitch-teams-prepare-World-Cup-Final.html

Good pictures nessie, Brady is a lucky Geezer i wonder if he knew what was going on. I bet he did as he's half German. :)
I think in this competition Germany bucked this ''The Guy'' thing Messi was supposed to be that but it did not happen. Team ethic and workrate etc won the day. Maradona is correct Messi did not deserve player of the tourney.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28294339

Last edited:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good pictures nessie, Brady is a lucky Geezer i wonder if he knew what was going on. I bet he did as he's half German. :)
I think in this competition Germany bucked this ''The Guy'' thing Messi was supposed to be that but it did not happen. Team ethic and workrate etc won the day. Maradona is correct Messi did not deserve player of the tourney.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28294339
This time I agree with cokehead Maradona, best and most impressive player was Rodriguez.
But who needs those useless awards ?
Im somehow sorry for Messi, he didnt play a bad tournament but he has to face unfullfillable expectations. He cant win his country a championship alone.:rolleyes:

Members online

Latest posts