World Cup Brazil 2014

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Oh I'm here, I just took a day to decompress is all.

We can take some positives out of this and work on things we need to. Maybe it was one game or 30 minutes to late to insert Julian Green. He will be a force in 2018.

As much shots as Howard saved, we had some chances to knock in a winner before 90 minutes and an equalizer before 120 minutes.

All in all, a bit depressed we didn't go one step further, but a lot of top teams struggled in the round of 16 to barely survive, so we aren't too far off.

Check this out; http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/...d-on-2026-world-cup-calls-support-staggering/

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just rediscovered this song and video - thats one of my all time favourite football songs !

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

OP
OP
Sandolf

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
So are you also a big fan of Bert van Marwijk and Mark van Bommel, or just the club?

I like all three. Sittard is not far from where I used to live. There is a little shop of sorts there, (strangely named after a little animal which doesn't frequent those parts), which offered quite competitive rates on certain horticultural products.

Maastricht is nicer. Heerlen is meh.

Luca

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like all three. Sittard is not far from where I used to live. There is a little shop of sorts there, (strangely named after a little animal which doesn't frequent those parts), which offered quite competitive rates on certain horticultural products.

Maastricht is nicer. Heerlen is meh.

Maastricht is nice, indeed! I also like Valkenburg. I sometimes go there for biking.

ps: funny coincidence, Feyenoord will play a friendly @ Fortuna on saturday the 19th.

Last edited:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
7 players from the German National team have flu-like symptoms...not good.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ozil was like a Ghost today, nothing from him at all he needs to be benched.
I dont have any idea why Ozil is still in the starting lineup. Its a joke. Good game by Hummels, Jerome Boateng, Lahm and Thomas Muller. And do I have to mention Manuel Neuer ? World Class !

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
I like Columbia today, i think they should win....:)
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Think its going to be Brazil on Tuesday. ;)

Yepp Brazil it is, but i'm not that impressed with them at all. They rely on a smothering defence home advantage and luck to somehow squeeze them through the games, and two defenders got them the goals that sez everything...........:rolleyes: If Germany play their cards right they can win.

Last edited:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Well, agree with most parts of this story but saying they would be the worst team to win the WC is a little bit
exaggerated ;)
But to answer the last question - can they beat Germany ? No ! :p

I think they are really saying nessie in terms of attacking style this Brazillian team are nowhere near ones of the past, its a shame but thats football now. Its win ugly now for them and all the other teams at the business end of the tourney. :rolleyes::) Its a great chance for Germany to win. ;)

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is that a USA flag in there? If so, I like your style sir.
Yes, its an US flag Bundesbiers.
And we had smaller US flags in all of our flower tubs around the house because as you know - it was the 4th of July on Friday ! :)
And if Germany hadnt play I would have set up my large US flag as well ! ;)

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
What's everyone think about the semifinal matchups?

Germany are slight favorites (Vegas odds) over Brazil, and Argentina are also slight favorites (Vegas odds) over Netherlands.

This World Cup has been financially healthy for me so far. Started my account with $500, and am up to $1,800 now. I did ok thru the group stage, but made $1,000 over the round of 16 and quarterfinals. Woohoo.

So far, I'm leaning to Germany and Argentina advancing. Argentina winning it all. Messi gets his deserved trophy.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
What's everyone think about the semifinal matchups?

Germany are slight favorites (Vegas odds) over Brazil, and Argentina are also slight favorites (Vegas odds) over Netherlands.

This World Cup has been financially healthy for me so far. Started my account with $500, and am up to $1,800 now. I did ok thru the group stage, but made $1,000 over the round of 16 and quarterfinals. Woohoo.

So far, I'm leaning to Germany and Argentina advancing. Argentina winning it all. Messi gets his deserved trophy.

Agreed, up until the Messi, Argentina final bit. :)

Members online

Latest posts